Anyone tried a few? Found the best one? I'm after one that doesn't impact on the light output of the screen too much but does an effective job of reducing sun and light glare. Thoughts? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-2013 10:34 AM
    I've used some cheap ones off eBay. Same thing is common in the ones that I have tried.

Slight reduction in resolution aka things are slightly blurry. Also they have an odd feel. It's smooth but not as slick as a regular screen protector. Light output (brightness) is hardly changed if at all.

Personally I prefer regular screen protectors on my phone and non glare for my tablet. If there were non glare protectors that didn't impact feel or resolution I'd try them. However I suspect that these are tradeoffs for the antiglare properties.

Keep in mind I just buy cheap multi packs off eBay. I've only bought one brand-name screen protector and found it worse then the cheap ones!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Chris Flowers likes this.
    04-21-2013 11:01 AM
    I've used some cheap ones off eBay. Same thing is common in the ones that I have tried.

Slight reduction in resolution aka things are slightly blurry. Also they have an odd feel. It's smooth but not as slick as a regular screen protector. Light output (brightness) is hardly changed if at all.

Personally I prefer regular screen protectors on my phone and non glare for my tablet. If there were non glare protectors that didn't impact feel or resolution I'd try them. However I suspect that these are tradeoffs for the antiglare properties.

Keep in mind I just buy cheap multi packs off eBay. I've only bought one brand-name screen protector and found it worse then the cheap ones!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Yeah I know what you mean. I went through a phase when I had the iPhone of trying out loads of screen protectors. I loved the anti-glare but hated that sort of matte, or not quite smooth surface feel. In the end, after watching an Apple Store Rep take some keys to the naked screen of an iPhone I was returning for replacement and it leaving zero marks, I stopped buying them and just used a case with a front cover.

However I find the glare on the Note 2 really bad compared to previous handsets I've owned. I work on the railway so I'm outside a lot and I really struggle to see the screen at times. That said I do find the Note 2 screen excels at not leaving fingerprints badly.

04-21-2013 11:24 AM
    I tried & am still using the Spigen/SGP Ultra Optics. It's a good compromise of anti-glare/fingerprint without blocking too much light & not feeling so matte.

http://www.spigen.com/samsung-galaxy...il-series.html
    04-22-2013 12:44 PM
    Thanks.

I've gone for one by Poetic. I'll see how it goes.
    nlitenme likes this.
    04-22-2013 02:14 PM
    Thanks.

Cool, let us know how it goes for you.
    04-22-2013 02:35 PM
    Keep in mind that any anti-glare for the Note 2 will not be a good choice if you use the S Pen a lot. It really comes down to making a choice of whether to put up with a little glare or not using the S Pen.

Basically, any screen protector that has a matte finish (which is most if not all anti-glare types) will interfere with the S Pen. The following is taken from the SPIGEN website, but it applies to more than just SPIGEN.

Q. Which type would you recommend to use with the S-Pen?
    A. We would recommend using the Ultra Crystal and the Oleophobic for clarity and compatibility. Since the Ultra Fine and Optics provides great matte quality, it does have a textured coating which may interfere with the senstivity of the pen.
    While you may be set on anti-glare, I just want to make sure you're aware of the S Pen issues. Many people go in blind and then bash the screen protector.
    04-22-2013 06:52 PM
    Thanks.

Fail. This protector is awful. On white areas it makes the screen look like it has some sort of static. A bit like what you see on a tv sometimes.

04-30-2013 12:54 PM
    Fail. This protector is awful. On white areas it makes the screen look like it has some sort of static. A bit like what you see on a tv sometimes.

I think you're gonna see that (from time to time) on any anti-glare protector because of the matte surface. It's kinda one of those things that you either live with or go with a clear one.

What are you gonna do - keep it or try another?
    04-30-2013 01:15 PM
    I think you're gonna see that (from time to time) on any anti-glare protector because of the matte surface. It's kinda one of those things that you either live with or go with a clear one.

What are you gonna do - keep it or try another?
    Yeah but some seem to be far worse then others. I was hoping this one would be more subtle but no dice.

Nevermind. I think I'll just go without and put up with the glare.

04-30-2013 02:49 PM
    I use the ivisor. I like the fact that I can take it off and clean it if I need to and it goes right back on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    04-30-2013 05:18 PM
    I use the ivisor. I like the fact that I can take it off and clean it if I need to and it goes right back on.

Is it anti glare though?

04-30-2013 10:24 PM
    Yes.

04-30-2013 10:39 PM
    I used matte tempered glass screen protector. It works great! I like that the screen protector has a matte finish, so there's no glare or fingerprints.
    07-18-2016 10:56 PM