Landscape issues with the camera.

rawkarpojk

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I need help with a probably really easy issue but I can't seem to find the solution.
Today I tried to post a photograph on Instagram that I had previously taken with the standard camera.
However when the cropping part on Instagram popped up, I realized that it had switched from Profile mode to Landscape mode.
So I tried taking a few more new pictures but they are showing correctly in my gallery but are turned into landscape versions on instagram.

I had Go Launcher previously installed on my phone and tried to uninstall it but the problem was still there.
So then I noticed that the home screen goes into landscape mode just half a second before launching the camera and from what I understand, the home screen on a Galaxy Note 2 isn't supposed to have the landscape mode but still goes into landscape when I open up the camera.

So I was thinking that this maybe is a cache problem with the Go Launcher, since that Launcher actually use Landscape mode for the home screen and that there still are temporary files on the phone that hasn't gone away since I uninstalled it. And if so, how do I take them away?

Help...anyone?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
All your pictures are taken in Portrait mode, not Landscape (or is it the other way around? Can't remember...). The thing is, your phone displays them properly because there's a property in the file it does read that tells it to automatically rotate the picture. However, when you import it to another app that DOESN'T read the property, it displays the file as it is. It's the same when you transfer the pictures to your computer; they show up fine in your phone, but in your computer they need to be rotated.

Oh, and BTW, the homescreen rotation issue it's not just your phone, it's actually a glitch/bug present in all Note 2's, it's just that it doesn't always happen and for most is just but an instant so they don't notice it. It makes you wonder, though, if TouchWiz CAN rotate the homescreen, why doesn't it? Actually, if you look closely, when you set a homescreen background image, it gives you two rectangles, one for portrait and one for landscape for you to reference/center your image... Weird, huh? :)