Hi All!

I Was wondering if anyone knew if the Note 2 was capable of doing this: (my husband is also thinking about getting the Note 2 and GS4, but wanted to know if the Note 2 is capable at that?)

(skip to 2:50-2:53)

basically make like an animated gif.. Thanks in advanced!

ETA:

How can you move your music from iPhone.. without having to drag and drop every single song into your playlist? I remember a moderator said there was an app or something that moves your music and even playlists.. because I have quite a few playlists and i'd hate to drag and drop one by one (as for example one playlist has 150 songs lol)
    04-25-2013 10:08 AM
    The Note 2 can't do that right out of the box, but there are apps that do just that. But Samsung says a lot of features from the S4 are coming to the Note 2, I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them.

Also, there are apps for the iTunes sync problem. The most popular one is DoubleTwist, which is a music player that many say is iTunes on Android; it'll let you sync with your iTunes just as if it were an iPhone or iPod. Also, Samsung released a tool for this, I think it's called EasySync.
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-25-2013 11:22 AM
    The Note 2 can't do that right out of the box, but there are apps that do just that. But Samsung says a lot of features from the S4 are coming to the Note 2, I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them.

Also, there are apps for the iTunes sync problem. The most popular one is DoubleTwist, which is a music player that many say is iTunes on Android; it'll let you sync with your iTunes just as if it were an iPhone or iPod. Also, Samsung released a tool for this, I think it's called EasySync.
    I know you can crop a picture and save it to your gallery.. and just saw a video from lucidmike that you can animate.. like a slide show.. but can't tell if you're able to make it like an animated gif..

I'm wondering if anyone could test that.. if not i'll have to go to AT&T store to try it out myself LOL.. I really want the note 2 and hubby wants me to get the S4.. LOL but he likes making Gifs (sending silly meme's to his friends LOL) and he wanted to know if the Note 2 was capable of it.. I am still holding on to my decision to get note 2 because of that darn S-Pen and it's functions

for the music, I couldn't remember (because I don't have the phone anymore) but there were two music players and I wasn't sure which one to use? (one had an icon of headphones i believe).. so that totally confused the bajeezers out of me as well as I didn't want to do the daunting task of selecting every single song into each playlist.. I'll look into those apps as well
    04-25-2013 11:36 AM
    Again, the Note 2 on itself CANNOT create animated GIFs. There are several apps you can download to that, just like in an iPhone (the iPhone alone cannot create GIFs, you need an app). The Galaxy S4, however, DOES have that functionality built in and you don't need to download anything to make it work.

The music player you're talking about is probably Google Music; I believe it also syncs to your iTunes lists automatically. (I use Spotify so I don't really use other players)
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-25-2013 12:17 PM
    Again, the Note 2 on itself CANNOT create animated GIFs. There are several apps you can download to that, just like in an iPhone (the iPhone alone cannot create GIFs, you need an app). The Galaxy S4, however, DOES have that functionality built in and you don't need to download anything to make it work.

The music player you're talking about is probably Google Music; I believe it also syncs to your iTunes lists automatically. (I use Spotify so I don't really use other players)

Thanks a bunch no biggie (for me) if the Note 2 can't do it off the bat.. i'm sure those will be some of the features added i'm guessing to the update.. just a matter of when right? (too anxious) lol

I do appreciate your reply! are you still planning on getting the S4?
    04-25-2013 01:25 PM
    I have to wait until I see it in my hands. And I want to pit it against an HTC One. But no reviews are worth actually handling the device yourself, so I'm gonna wait. If it truly blows my mind, I'll consider switching...if not, I'll stick to my Note 2 until "The Next Big Thing" comes along :P
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-25-2013 02:11 PM
    I'm going to take a look at the S4 and Note 2 tomorrow (at&t rep said they should have floor demo in tomorrow).. so crossing my fingers and hope they do.. so I can see which one suits me best.. but if the S4 doesn't blow me outta the water, i'm probably going to back and get my Note 2
    SpookDroid likes this.
    04-25-2013 02:17 PM

How can you move your music from iPhone.. without having to drag and drop every single song into your playlist? I remember a moderator said there was an app or something that moves your music and even playlists.. because I have quite a few playlists and i'd hate to drag and drop one by one (as for example one playlist has 150 songs lol)
    You can use Doubletwist. It syncs with your iTunes library then you can drag and drop as much or as little as you want to your Android. It looks just like iTunes too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-25-2013 07:03 PM
    You can use Doubletwist. It syncs with your iTunes library then you can drag and drop as much or as little as you want to your Android. It looks just like iTunes too.

Does doubletwist allow you to sync your playlists as is? meaning I don't need to drag and drop as much or as little as I want? (i have so many playlists for different things I would really hate to do that to my music one by one) LOL
    04-26-2013 12:22 PM
    I have to wait until I see it in my hands. And I want to pit it against an HTC One. But no reviews are worth actually handling the device yourself, so I'm gonna wait. If it truly blows my mind, I'll consider switching...if not, I'll stick to my Note 2 until "The Next Big Thing" comes along :P
    Okay I will say - I went to the AT&T store today thinking I was going to come home with it.. I played around with the Camera (which mostly appealed to me) lol.. because I already know from watching LucidMike78's video the air gesture/air view thingie is just not the same between the two phones..

Okay anyway.. I liked the S4.. the camera was AMAZING and super cool.. yea neato it can do dual camera.. but for some reason.. I just wasn't like.. BLOWN away.. maybe because I really deep down inside want the Note 2.. but I know that the Note 2 camera I had was not that great

and if you've read all my nagging posts by now.. the camera is super important to me lol because I always have my phone on me to snap pix of my kids, etc etc.. and I don't always have my huge DSLR or point and shoot with me.. so it's a big + for me to have an awesome camera.. but the damn S-Pen and functions totally blow my mind! (and partly because I've been watching LucidMike's channel for weeks on end LOL.. )

When people say pick the phone that has the functions you need/want and decide.. well they both have something I need/want.. so i'm stuck.. FML lol

like everyone is making fun of me that i'm not dead set on the S4.. all because of a "little pen" as my friends would say.. heck they even laughed at me that I left my iphone for a pen.. lol.. gahh they just don't understand lol

Maybe I wasn't blown away by the S4 because when they told me I couldn't purchase it today I was truly truly truly bummed LOL.. I wanted to come home with something but just couldn't decide..
    04-26-2013 12:27 PM
    As a practical matter, for most people the only real differences between the Note 2 and the S4 are size and the S Pen. You can talk about the CPU, or having 32GB internal storage, or 4.2.2 and the new S4 features (which the Note 2 will get for the most part as you've mentioned), or just being the first on the block with the newest phone, but the bottom line really is size and that little pen. So if having either a larger screen and/or the S Pen means something to you, then the Note 2 is the way to go.
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-26-2013 12:54 PM
    Does doubletwist allow you to sync your playlists as is? meaning I don't need to drag and drop as much or as little as I want? (i have so many playlists for different things I would really hate to do that to my music one by one) LOL
    yes, drag and drop playlists too.
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-26-2013 01:14 PM

NY Times said Doubletwist is for android users with iTunes withdrawal (yes, i read the actual new york times article and that's how i found out about it). So yes, it acts and looks like iTunes. The way it works is that you use iTunes to maintain your library, etc. as always and then when you're ready to transfer and manager your music on your android device, you startup Doubletwist. When you're finished transferring/managing your content, then you're done with doubletwist. go back to iTunes to managing your whole media library as usual (ripping CDs, adding album artwork, etc.). So double twist replicates iTunes in its transferring, etc. but i would continue to use iTunes to manage all of your media if you don't want to get off the apple platform (which i didn't want to do).

As of the moment, doubletwist is limited with the Note2. You need to pay for the doubletwist premium for airsync ($5 i think). The reason is because double twist does not see the note2 when connected via USB because of a bug. So the only way to sync and transfer playlists, etc. is to pay for air sync which allows you to sync your music wirelessly with your note2.
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-26-2013 02:15 PM
    Doubletwist is great. My whole family is on iPhone and ipods so we use iTunes and have a lot of content. I set up my playlists and select what I want. It syncs really well. It's a great app. I use it for podcasts too. The premium features are worth paying for. Good luck with your phone choice. Can't go wrong with either I'm sure.

Sent from my Really Big Phone
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-26-2013 03:34 PM