Anyone know of a slim extended battery for the Note II. I am a heavy user in an lte area, and I find myself having to charge my phone by 2 or 3pm. I want the extra life without the extra bulk. I usually get them from Seidio, but all they have are the bulky ones. I've seen others, but they either do not have nfc or there are no reviews. I don't want to be the test pilot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    04-25-2013 06:54 PM
    I would like to know more about this myself. If I could get another hour or two out of the same size Battery I would be willing to pay big.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    04-26-2013 07:05 AM
    Usually those 'slim', generic battery cells that claim to be of a greater capacity while keeping their slim figure are just bogus (sometimes even lower cells than stock batteries, they just slap a higher label on them), but if it comes from a respected brand, then I'd go for it. Problem is, respected brands don't sell slim batteries for higher ratings.

Why don't you get an extra, standard battery? I know it's not ideal, but at least you can leave that one charging all morning while still being mobile since your phone is not hooked to a charging station.
    04-26-2013 08:39 AM
    The batteries I used to get from Seidio were top notch, and I always got a few extra hours or of them. I am on the road a lot and being sick to a car charger is a pita and not good for the battery.

04-26-2013 01:02 PM
    Back when I had my GSII I got a spare battery with a separate charger, that way I could charge one without leaving my phone behind. Note 2, in my daily use at least, still lasts through the day (sometimes just barely).
    04-26-2013 03:09 PM
    I don't even make it to 3pm most days. I'm looking for a slim extended battery that will replace my existing battery.

04-26-2013 07:35 PM
    I would like to know more about this myself. If I could get another hour or two out of the same size Battery I would be willing to pay big.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Mugen power

This is by far the best 3rd party battery. They do a slim one and also a fat one. The slim one has a slightly bigger capacity (100mah I think) than stock.

They are top top quality and not cheap though.

If you want a cheap battery with same capacity as stock, but which I find last slightly longer, then get an Anker battery. They're great for the price.
    zmann likes this.
    04-27-2013 06:21 AM
    I saw those and I have used them before, but I was hoping for a little more mah's. I guess I might have to go that route. I never go the cheap Hong Kong route, as I fear they will leak and void my warranty. Also, most do not have nfc. I actually use it.

04-27-2013 12:07 PM
    Nfc is built into the back cover so as long as it's the same dimensions, it should work

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    04-27-2013 11:57 PM
    According to many of the reviews on Amazon, there are batteries that do not support the nfc function.

04-28-2013 02:20 AM
    Mugen power

This is by far the best 3rd party battery. They do a slim one and also a fat one. The slim one has a slightly bigger capacity (100mah I think) than stock.

They are top top quality and not cheap though.

If you want a cheap battery with same capacity as stock, but which I find last slightly longer, then get an Anker battery. They're great for the price.
    I agree with you on Mugen

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    04-28-2013 05:06 AM
    I saw those and I have used them before, but I was hoping for a little more mah's. I guess I might have to go that route. I never go the cheap Hong Kong route, as I fear they will leak and void my warranty. Also, most do not have nfc. I actually use it.

To be honest I'm not sure you'll find a normal sized battery with more mah's than that. I was surprised they even managed the extra 100. If you want more you'll probably have to go the "extended" battery route.

NFC should work too.
    04-28-2013 06:24 PM
    Yeah I was afraid of that. I don't mind the extra girth of the thicker battery, but I prefer to have a case on my phone, and the only cases that for the extra batteries are frickin' huge. I have thought of being one of those flip cases that have external batteries in them. I'll be sure to post a review on here if I do.

04-28-2013 07:25 PM
    I"ve become familiar w/ Li-Ion batteries while using high powered flashlights....Quality of the cell makes a big difference. The word in the flashlight community is Panasonic. They don't make the retail product but they make the cells....and they are considered to be the best available. The cheap units are NOT using Panasonic cells.

So paying a high price for a quality standard capacity battery could be smart.

I carry a 9mm firearm in my rear pocket and 2 spare 7 round magazines in my front pocket....I simply carry 2 extra batteries next to the magazines and change out when needed. No need to double the size of the phone when it's so easy to carry a spare battery.
    05-02-2013 02:06 AM
    I"ve become familiar w/ Li-Ion batteries while using high powered flashlights....Quality of the cell makes a big difference. The word in the flashlight community is Panasonic. They don't make the retail product but they make the cells....and they are considered to be the best available. The cheap units are NOT using Panasonic cells.

I carry a 9mm firearm in my rear pocket and 2 spare 7 round magazines in my front pocket....I simply carry 2 extra batteries next to the magazines and change out when needed. No need to double the size of the phone when it's so easy to carry a spare battery.
    I suppose I don't have to remind you to make sure that the battery contacts are kept covered while in your pocket, especially with other conductive material.
    05-03-2013 06:45 AM

It's so messed up that Americans are allowed to carry guns. Lol

Interested in what you said about the batteries though. This would explain why I find Mugen to be so good even though capacity is similar.
    05-03-2013 09:39 PM