Note II Owners: What's your next phone? S4? HTC One? Waiting for the Note III/IV? Other?

userjohnsmith

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you plan on upgrading to either of the latest flagship Android devices from Samsung or HTC? If so, why? Are you waiting for the Note III/IV because you refuse to downsize your screen? Is there something else on the horizon that bests all of the above?

I was a long time iPhone (not Apple) fanatic having previously owned the 3G, 4, and 5. I made the switch to Android with the Galaxy Note II back in December 2012 and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with my note 2 for now... I don't think I could ever use a small screen again.... I have an iPhone 5 for work but can't stand the small screen, so I just have my calls and emails forwarded to my note 2.... Lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sticking with the Note 2, no doubt. My wife is getting the S4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
While the HTC One and S4 have their merits, neither has any appeal to me over the Note 2 primarily due to screen.size and the S-Pen. I just can't consider going to anything smaller than a 5.5" screen now or losing the S-Pen capability. So for me, the only device that has my interest would be the forthcoming Note 3. :)

userjohnsmith

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't imagine downsizing my screen either. I held onto my iPhone 5 for about a month before I sold it but I couldn't believe how small it felt every time I picked it up. I got the Note II primarily because I wanted my daily driver to double up as a mini tablet for web browsing and reading (i.e. Flipboard). I was pretty happy with the increased screen real estate at first, but now I'm wanting something even bigger. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Samsung has in store for us with the Note III. I've never been one to purchase a new phone off contract, but then again my options were pretty limited with Apple. :)

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't plan on switching devices any time soon! Love this phone too much and don't see any of the flagships being much of an improvement over my Note II!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Sprint using Tapatalk 2

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I will be keeping my Note 2 I could never go back to anything smaller and will probably be getting the note 3 depending on how much of a difference it will be from the note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Curiosity was fueling me today, and I had to go to check out the S4, just so I could see it in person for myself.

It is a beautiful device, but that screen is just way too small after having used the Note for over year now. Honestly, anything less than 5.5 seems like a toy now, and I could never use such a small device. It's amazing to think that a 5in screen is considered small, but after using the Note, I realize now that I need that extra viewing area.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got my note2 in january so im still loving it.. ill be looking at the note3. But if its any bigger than the 2 I prib wont want it, cause the 2 fits n my jeans pocket even with the otterbox on it.

If I decide against the note 3
Then ill be looking at either samsung or motorola when its time to get a new one. I hear samsung may be making a more rugged phone
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Probably note 4 for me. I don't see any reason to upgrade early from this. The one would drive me bat sh!t crazy with the capacitive button setup, blink feed, and sense functionality in general.

Sent from my note 2

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking in 3 to 4 years, google glass may become an All-In-One device. You can have a 50" display in front of your eyes, and when you look down, a full size keyboard. You can type on it with the camera tracking all your hand movement and gestures. I don't know if anyone watched Alpha on the Sci Fi channel, but I think in 5 years, everyone will be walking on the street looking at displays that no one else could see and controlling the device using hand gestures like that guy in Alpha.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Im happy with my note 2, ill wait till the 4th one. The one and s4 wasn't as big of a leap forward as I'd thought

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Norwester

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Since I'm picking up my N2 at the PO this afternoon, I guess the N2 will be my next phone. :)
I'll take a look at the N3 though when it drops to see what advantages it may or not have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan