I've been using a couple of programs from SlySoft to make legal copies of videos then convert to mobile version for years with no issues until now.

I use CloneDVD Mobile and they have an option to convert to m4v format for Android.

I put the videos on my SD card and they will play once or twice then I get an error saying that the video cannot be played.

1) Do you have to do something special to store videos on a SD card?

2) Does anyone know of a better program to convert videos to a mobile version?
    TIA

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums
    04-27-2013 03:27 PM
    I've been using a couple of programs from SlySoft to make legal copies of videos then convert to mobile version for years with no issues until now.

I use CloneDVD Mobile and they have an option to convert to m4v format for Android.

I put the videos on my SD card and they will play once or twice then I get an error saying that the video cannot be played.

TIA

Nothing special required. Windows or Mac?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    04-27-2013 06:25 PM
    Try using mxplayer. Its free version is just fine and can play anything. Try that and see if there is a difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    donec likes this.
    04-27-2013 06:49 PM
    Windows

04-27-2013 07:56 PM
    Try using mxplayer. Its free version is just fine and can play anything. Try that and see if there is a difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks but it didn't help

04-27-2013 08:02 PM

TIA

Before we start going down the app route, copy the video from your PC to internal memory (don't copy it from sd card). Now try to play it a few times. Let's try to rule out a failing sd card first.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    fratermus and eds817 like this.
    04-27-2013 09:11 PM
    Maybe the video is converted to some kind of Divx format that has a expiration on number of plays? Some time they do that on free version of the conversion software to make you buy the paid version.
    04-29-2013 12:33 PM
    Handbrake
    04-29-2013 01:54 PM
    It looks like there was a problem with the SD card. Even though I was able to write to it and read Excel and PDF files it wouldn't play these videos. When I copied the videos to the internal memory I had not problem (thank you ranka7). I just put a 32gb card into the phone and am able to play these same videos, several times.

I never thought it would be the card since I was able to use it for other items. I guess you do learn something every day.

Thank you all for your comments.
    04-30-2013 06:43 AM
    It looks like there was a problem with the SD card. Even though I was able to write to it and read Excel and PDF files it wouldn't play these videos. When I copied the videos to the internal memory I had not problem (thank you ranka7). I just put a 32gb card into the phone and am able to play these same videos, several times.

I never thought it would be the card since I was able to use it for other items. I guess you do learn something every day.

Thank you all for your comments.
    sweet. i guess i don't have to tell you to get everything off that sd card and transfer it to a new card before it completely fails.
    04-30-2013 09:42 AM