Delay in Charger Registering

charlieegan3

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
So I used to plug my phone in and it would go du-dip straight away, now it takes about 15 seconds to do so. and the same after I've unplugged it - 15 seconds to change the little icon at the top right to not charging. The phone charges at the same rate as before so it's far from a serious issue - just a little annoying.

It picks up the USB adapter instantly so it seems it's not a connection issue.

Any ideas?

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
It happens to me all the time so don't feel bad and there is nothing wrong. Sometimes it is just hit or miss straight away as to recognizing the USB connection but please don't worry, You are ok.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
So I used to plug my phone in and it would go du-dip straight away, now it takes about 15 seconds to do so. and the same after I've unplugged it - 15 seconds to change the little icon at the top right to not charging. The phone charges at the same rate as before so it's far from a serious issue - just a little annoying.

It picks up the USB adapter instantly so it seems it's not a connection issue.

Any ideas?

Charging the note2 is all about delivery of current at the point of the usb port. So here are some possible things to try:

1. Your charger unit may be failing, so replace it or try another one

2. Your charger is being plugged in at the end of an extension cord or power strip; plug it into the wall directly

3. It's possible that it may also be your cord that is failing (worn strands), but I doubt it. You can try another cord.

charlieegan3

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'll give it a try the next time I pass the store. I had noticed the charger whining a little recently.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1