Jake here. Long time Apple user. (IPhone 3GS, 4 and iPad 2) After reading and watching reviews, checking out this forum, contemplating Apple's lack luster 5 and IOS 6 releases, weighing the Note's customization abilities, feature sets, screen size, speed, and other geeky attributes I mulled it all over and I've decided to head over to Best Buy tomorrow and pick myself up a Titanium AT&T Note 2 early birthday present.

I was considering waiting for the Note 3 release, but that's a no go. I need a new phone a.s.a.p, and the $199 price point makes it a no brainer. Obsolescence is impossible to perpetually trump without very deep pockets and alot of patience. 2 things I lack.. So a Note 2 it is!

I did read about the Otterbox Defender case dust and fitment issues. I posted a question to their FB page asking if the design flaws were addressed and if so, how to identify the sku or model number of updated cases to ensure I avoid a "bad case". Their repy was...

"We don't see those as common issues. If you do run into any problems we have a fantastic warranty and you are welcome to contact us for a replacement!"

That being said I'll pick a Defender up anyway and try the work arounds if necessary. My Defender has saved my phone hundreds of times from drops so it's still a trusted product for that purpose in my opinion. Griffin doesn't have any plans for a Note 2 case release so the Defender will have to do. .

Looking forward to checking out the Note 2's Jellybean flavored awesomeness tomorrow. Great forum. Lots of useful information and good reviews and advice. Appreciate it.

skafri and JenTDOT like this.
    05-03-2013 06:35 PM
    Just received my note 2 on monday and like you I switched from iphone. Love it! Bought it from Amazon for $149.

Also purchaded the UAG case and defender at the same time. Defender has not fixed design flaws. There's actually space between the shield and the screen plus it makes the phone to big.

UAG offers a nice hard plastic case and a stream lined design. I returned the defender.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    JakeInFla likes this.
    05-03-2013 06:56 PM

Welcome to the dark side. BTW - we not only have better milk and cookies, we serve them with Jelly Beans and someday soon with Key Lime Pie.

karsdroid, Mwolfer and JakeInFla like this.
    05-03-2013 07:18 PM
    That is sweet, I just got my note last week. Just to warn you, the defender is Huge, lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-04-2013 03:25 PM
    my brother is a hard core iPhone user (has owned the last 3 models before the iPhone 5). i'm trying to convince him to switch to Android when he has an upgrade available.

its nice to read about iPhone users getting the Note 2 and other Android phones
    06-04-2013 06:34 PM