Picked up the GN2 today...

JakeInFla

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I picked up a Titanium Note 2 today at Best Buy. Wiped and traded in the 16GB IPhone 4 for $125. I added a 32Gb Class 10 Sandisk Micro Sim and a black Otterbox case, despite the known fitment issues. The Note definitely rocks! I'm still getting to know it, yadda yadda yadda.

Two things:

1) I drove all the way back to recover my "missing" earbuds only to be told At&T and Verizon don't include them, only Sprint does! Really?
2) Why did the phone come in the cheesy & flimsy AT&T box instead of the actual Samsung packaging?

Neither of these issues are deal breakers, but after spending cash on one of the "Flagship" phones I at least expected it to arrive in the manufacturer's original packaging and with a cheap set of friggin earbuds! What gives?

At any rate, I'm enjoying the ginormous screen and form factor while downloading spme apps. i have a feeling I'll be reading several threads and watching a plethora of Youtube videos as I learn how to use this beast. So far so good. Cool phone.

skafri#WN

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy! I know I love mine and I'm usually dreaming of my next phone within about 3 months of purchasing a phone! Not so with my N2.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The screen may feel "ginormous" now, but once you get used to it, it will be hard to pick up any other phone and not think that the screen is small.

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Enjoy! I know you said just bought an Otterbox, but check out Urban Armor Gear's Note 2 case. I have one and it is nice. Doesn't seem to be as bulky but gives great protection. Looks good too.

The black one...
Amazon.com: Urban Armor Gear UAG-GLXN2-BLK/BLK-VP Composite Case with Impact Resistant Bumpers and Screen Kit for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

white one...
http://www.amazon.com/Urban-Armor-Gear-UAG-GLXN2-WHT-Composite/dp/B00B46XS8U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367855037&sr=8-2&keywords=Urban+armor+gear+note+2

Mattu1665

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy! I know you said just bought an Otterbox, but check out Urban Armor Gear's Note 2 case. I have one and it is nice. Doesn't seem to be as bulky but gives great protection. Looks good too.

I just got my N2 a week ago and I love it. I purchased the Otterbox and Urban Armor Gear knowing that I would return one of them based on performance or lack thereof. UAG was the winner hands down. Solid case yet doesnt make the phone bulky like the Otterbox.

Enjoy!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The screen may feel "ginormous" now, but once you get used to it, it will be hard to pick up any other phone and not think that the screen is small.
So totally true... Even my wife's S3 is tiny. She also has a blackberry for work, that thing is about as small as a watch face now!

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Neither of these issues are deal breakers, but after spending cash on one of the "Flagship" phones I at least expected it to arrive in the manufacturer's original packaging and with a cheap set of friggin earbuds! What gives?

Same thing happened when I got my Note 2 -- no earbuds (I didn't take note of the packaging, though). Until you posted, I thought the guy who activated my AT&T N2 forgot to put them back in the box. It never bothered me much because I have my own headphones that I prefer and use. My wife got the S4 on AT&T just over a week ago, and there were earbuds included. Nothing to write home about, though.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I picked up a Titanium Note 2 today at Best Buy. Wiped and traded in the 16GB IPhone 4 for $125. I added a 32Gb Class 10 Sandisk Micro Sim and a black Otterbox case, despite the known fitment issues. The Note definitely rocks! I'm still getting to know it, yadda yadda yadda.

Two things:

1) I drove all the way back to recover my "missing" earbuds only to be told At&T and Verizon don't include them, only Sprint does! Really?
2) Why did the phone come in the cheesy & flimsy AT&T box instead of the actual Samsung packaging?

At any rate, I'm enjoying the ginormous screen and form factor while downloading spme apps. i have a feeling I'll be reading several threads and watching a plethora of Youtube videos as I learn how to use this beast. So far so good. Cool phone.

Do a master reset first, before you start loading up your phone with apps and customizing it.

You may need it or you might not. But at least you'll know how to do it because at some point you're going to wind up doing it anyway. This is also a good time to figure out which backup/restore program you're going to use.