Apps similar to Widget Locker?

kingro93

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey does anyone know if there's an application VERY similar to Widget locker? Where you don't have to pay, yet you'll still be able to customize everything on your lock screen? S/O to Coldfustion on Youtube by the way, for guiding me in his tutorial for his Voxis UI tutorial. If anyone's interested in having a nice, simple elegant user interface. Peep this video!

VOXIS UI FULL Tutorial! [Please Share] - YouTube

Last edited:

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Really? Have we actually gotten to the point where $3 is so much money that we have to go scrounging for a free app?

Widgetlocker is $3 and it is fantastic.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I know quite a few people who flat out refuse to pay for apps. Free apps are good enough for them. I on the other hand recognize that quality apps cost money.

I bought photoshop touch for my note 8 the other for $10 and that is a steal when ot comes to the power of that app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Really? Have we actually gotten to the point where $3 is so much money that we have to go scrounging for a free app?

Widgetlocker is $3 and it is fantastic.

Is there any lag when locking or unlocking, though? I don't want to buy an app that doesn't work properly, that's why I prefer to use a trial or the free version and I will purchase it if it is up to my expectations. I am currently using holo locker the free version and the paid version of smart launcher. I would purchase the full version of Holo launcher, but when I lock my phone, it makes the lock noise twice, and sometimes when I unlock it, it goes to the stock HTC lock screen, and then locks again immediately. I have to reunlock to see the holo locker. I really like the style of Holo locker, but it doesn't allow me to change the style of the clock and it is a bit glitchy. I can't justify buying it when the free version doesn't function properly. Does widget locker have any of the issues and would I be able to configure it similar to Holo locker?

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Who is your provider? We have Verizon and just have our app purchases added to our monthly bill, lol. We set a limit, though. No more than $10 a month, haha.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there any lag when locking or unlocking, though?

There is no lag at all when unlocking Widgetlocker or locking the phone.

Does widget locker have any of the issues and would I be able to configure it similar to Holo locker?

I haven't run into any of the issues that you mention while using WIdgetLocker. I haven't used Holo Locker, but WidgetLocker is very configurable. I can't imagine what you might want to do that you couldn't do with it.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Haha, I'm broke man. If I had money, I wouldn't be posting this thread in the first place hah

I'm sorry, but I have trouble believing that anyone who can afford a $300-$700 device cannot come up with $3. Perhaps if you saved up your money for the next month or two, you might be able to save the $3.

dellagregg

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow we have resorted to bashing those that dont want to buy apps. Wtf is the world coming to? So what they dint want to buy an app. If there is an app I want I will definately look for a free version first. Just because I have the money doesn't mean I want to spend it on apps. The rich stay rich by not giving it away. Yes I have some paid apps but I wouldnt bash anyone who refuses to pay for them.

Sent from my gorgeous Galaxy Note II aka CJ. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid