07-09-2014 08:57 AM
54 123
tools
    I am NOT trolling and I most definitely know how to use my device.....I simply cannot see the screen in sunlight and it appears others cant either!!!! And I am NOT blind and stay off of my thread with your rude remarks!!!!

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
    05-09-2013 07:20 AM
    Great post!!! I still love my phone
    And screen but am quite disappointed about outdoor sunlight performance.
    05-09-2013 07:22 AM
    In such cases I put brightness on full, it usually helps.
    05-09-2013 08:17 AM
    I am NOT trolling and I most definitely know how to use my device.....I simply cannot see the screen in sunlight and it appears others cant either!!!! And I am NOT blind and stay off of my thread with your rude remarks!!!!

If you're NOT trolling and you're NOT blind and you know how to use your device then that still leaves the 4th option of being less defensive and that you have a defective device.

Sent from my Note 2
    05-09-2013 10:46 AM
    If you're NOT trolling and you're NOT blind and you know how to use your device then that still leaves the 4th option of being less defensive and that you have a defective device.

Sent from my Note 2
    Don't be ridiculous. This is not an isolated incident. Many experience the same issue in direct sunlight.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    mrsstraty#AC and met.watts like this.
    05-09-2013 12:48 PM
    Don't be ridiculous. This is not an isolated incident. Many experience the same issue in direct sunlight.

If you can't see your screen "at all" in sunlight you have a problem a forum well not fix.

Sent from my Note 2
    05-09-2013 01:40 PM
    So Cold
    Congrats on being perfect. If you noticed...the OP is not the only one who notices this issue. Almost everyone else agrees. I too have to turn the brightness up all the way and take off my sunglasses if I cant find a shady spot. How do you even see this as trolling. The OP has a specific question

Size does matter! -☆SGN2☆
    05-09-2013 01:55 PM

Sent from my Note 2
    Im sorry but you sound incredulous at the fact that this piece of technology could have a flaw. Guess what, it does. In fact, it has a number of flaws.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    met.watts likes this.
    05-09-2013 05:28 PM
    Im sorry but you sound incredulous at the fact that this piece of technology could have a flaw. Guess what, it does. In fact, it has a number of flaws.

It's not a flaw, it's a feature, reminding you that when you're outside in the warm sun, there are other, better things you should be doing than staring at a smartphone screen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2
    Lodingi, met.watts and wase4711 like this.
    05-09-2013 05:49 PM
    It's not a flaw, it's a feature, reminding you that when you're outside in the warm sun, there are other, better things you should be doing than staring at a smartphone screen.

Ok, I like that feature.

05-09-2013 06:27 PM

Lol. NICE!

05-09-2013 07:27 PM
    Make sure your next phone is equipped with vee/dpo from Quicklogic. We should see phones using their cssp to solve the sunlight issue in Q 3.
    05-09-2013 07:29 PM
    Im hooked on the bigger screen now and I have played with my friend's One and the screen was just too small for me. Lol

05-09-2013 07:29 PM

I'm not trying to be a jerk, the whole point of my first post was that if you can't see your screen at all you probably have a device problem if it's not a settings problem and you should look into that.

Ok, I like that feature.

Yeah, me too lol

*sigh* yes we know. I also know I wouldn't trade my N2 for a One.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the nice response to this, it was much nicer than what was deserved but very fitting

Sent from my Note 2
    05-09-2013 07:34 PM
    Everybody Happy! Happy! Happy!

05-09-2013 07:49 PM
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, the whole point of my first post was that if you can't see your screen at all you probably have a device problem if it's not a settings problem and you should look into that.
    For the last time, it is nothing to do with a defective device. It's an inherent problem with this particular type of screen.

05-09-2013 08:07 PM
    You better buy a 440pi phone!

Posted via Android Central App
    05-09-2013 08:11 PM
    For the last time, it is nothing to do with a defective device. It's an inherent problem with this particular type of screen.

Ughh... I've said AMOLED screens aren't the best in direct sunlight, I get it. But you should be able to see the screen. I've made a point of quoting "at all" in every reply because there is a difference between difficult to read, or I have to take my sunglasses off, or I can't see it at all.

We don't want someone who has a genuine brightness problem with their device reading this and thinking that their phone is fine and it's just inherit and living with it.

Sent from my Note 2
    05-09-2013 08:27 PM
    Fingerprints and smudges are NOT the issue. My screen is essentially BLACK in sunlight. The screen is useless in sunlight. This is a major design flaw in an otherwise outstanding device. I am reluctant to purchase yet another screen shield because I am not convinced they will do any more than darken my screen image.
    05-15-2013 03:06 PM
    Fingerprints and smudges are NOT the issue. My screen is essentially BLACK in sunlight. The screen is useless in sunlight. This is a major design flaw in an otherwise outstanding device. I am reluctant to purchase yet another screen shield because I am not convinced they will do any more than darken my screen image.
    Have you taken it in or tried another note? That's not normal

Sent from my Note 2
    05-15-2013 04:30 PM
    I don't think it's a design flaw per se. I think it's a limitation of the technology. As this is my fourth AMOLED device, I knew what I was getting. For me the positives on the GN2 certainly outweigh the negatives.

mrsstraty#AC likes this.
    05-15-2013 05:24 PM
    I had the same problem I could not see anything in sunlight and this is the way a solved it.
    I use the phone outside in the "Negative colour " mode. It reverses the background to white with black letters instead of black background with white letters. Obviously you cannot see your photos well and your screen color change, but you can read the emails and other text perfectly.
    This is how you set it:
    -Setting
    -Accessibility
    -Negative colours
    Can change it back at any time by removing the mark
    It works well.
    bclinger#IM likes this.
    07-07-2013 03:04 PM
    In another forum it was suggested to turn on the automatic brightness. "when Automatic Brightness is turned on, the Peak Brightness becomes significantly brighter in high ambient lighting than is possible with Manual Brightness, up to as high as 475 cd/m2, which is 34 percent higher than is possible with Manual Brightness." I did try this as well as several other people and it does make a difference. Try this and see if it helps.
    srvctec likes this.
    07-07-2013 10:23 PM

09-28-2013 11:28 AM
    Make sure Power Saving mode is off
    09-28-2013 11:29 AM
54 123