Cant see the screen at all in sunlight.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I've never had an issue in sunlight, the way this was worded either the op has a bad device, doesn't know how to use it, is blind, or simply trolling

Sent from my Note 2

None of the above. I've had many AMOLED devices and they do not display well in direct sunlight.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
None of the above. I've had many AMOLED devices and they do not display well in direct sunlight.

Can you "not see your screen at all!!!"? The Note 2 did not get to its current popularity level be being completely unreadable in sunlight. Yeah visibility in sunlight is not the selling point of AMOLED technology but this screen is far from horrible or unreadable as the op would have you believe.

Sent from my Note 2

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Go to display settings and un check the auto tune display color to save battery. That helps with screen brightness alot. You will notice the difference for sure.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Go to display settings and un check the auto tune display color to save battery. That helps with screen brightness alot. You will notice the difference for sure.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I will try your suggestion. Thanks.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
This is one of those tests that you just can't conduct when you're in store making a decision. Everything will look good inside.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I am NOT trolling and I most definitely know how to use my device.....I simply cannot see the screen in sunlight and it appears others cant either!!!! And I am NOT blind and stay off of my thread with your rude remarks!!!!

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Great post!!! I still love my phone
And screen but am quite disappointed about outdoor sunlight performance.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I am NOT trolling and I most definitely know how to use my device.....I simply cannot see the screen in sunlight and it appears others cant either!!!! And I am NOT blind and stay off of my thread with your rude remarks!!!!

If you're NOT trolling and you're NOT blind and you know how to use your device then that still leaves the 4th option of being less defensive and that you have a defective device.

Sent from my Note 2

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
If you're NOT trolling and you're NOT blind and you know how to use your device then that still leaves the 4th option of being less defensive and that you have a defective device.

Sent from my Note 2

Don't be ridiculous. This is not an isolated incident. Many experience the same issue in direct sunlight.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't be ridiculous. This is not an isolated incident. Many experience the same issue in direct sunlight.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

If you can't see your screen "at all" in sunlight you have a problem a forum well not fix.

Sent from my Note 2

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So Cold
Congrats on being perfect. If you noticed...the OP is not the only one who notices this issue. Almost everyone else agrees. I too have to turn the brightness up all the way and take off my sunglasses if I cant find a shady spot. How do you even see this as trolling. The OP has a specific question

Size does matter! -☆SGN2☆

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my Note 2

Im sorry but you sound incredulous at the fact that this piece of technology could have a flaw. Guess what, it does. In fact, it has a number of flaws.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Im sorry but you sound incredulous at the fact that this piece of technology could have a flaw. Guess what, it does. In fact, it has a number of flaws.

It's not a flaw, it's a feature, reminding you that when you're outside in the warm sun, there are other, better things you should be doing than staring at a smartphone screen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
It's not a flaw, it's a feature, reminding you that when you're outside in the warm sun, there are other, better things you should be doing than staring at a smartphone screen.

Ok, I like that feature.

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Lol. NICE!

GeneLono

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Make sure your next phone is equipped with vee/dpo from Quicklogic. We should see phones using their cssp to solve the sunlight issue in Q 3.

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Im hooked on the bigger screen now and I have played with my friend's One and the screen was just too small for me. Lol

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm not trying to be a jerk, the whole point of my first post was that if you can't see your screen at all you probably have a device problem if it's not a settings problem and you should look into that.

Ok, I like that feature.

Yeah, me too lol

*sigh* yes we know. I also know I wouldn't trade my N2 for a One.

Thanks for the nice response to this, it was much nicer than what was deserved but very fitting

Sent from my Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci