Cant see the screen at all in sunlight.

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not trying to be a jerk, the whole point of my first post was that if you can't see your screen at all you probably have a device problem if it's not a settings problem and you should look into that.

For the last time, it is nothing to do with a defective device. It's an inherent problem with this particular type of screen.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
For the last time, it is nothing to do with a defective device. It's an inherent problem with this particular type of screen.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Ughh... I've said AMOLED screens aren't the best in direct sunlight, I get it. But you should be able to see the screen. I've made a point of quoting "at all" in every reply because there is a difference between difficult to read, or I have to take my sunglasses off, or I can't see it at all.

We don't want someone who has a genuine brightness problem with their device reading this and thinking that their phone is fine and it's just inherit and living with it.

Sent from my Note 2

Ken Kimsey

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Fingerprints and smudges are NOT the issue. My screen is essentially BLACK in sunlight. The screen is useless in sunlight. This is a major design flaw in an otherwise outstanding device. I am reluctant to purchase yet another screen shield because I am not convinced they will do any more than darken my screen image.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Fingerprints and smudges are NOT the issue. My screen is essentially BLACK in sunlight. The screen is useless in sunlight. This is a major design flaw in an otherwise outstanding device. I am reluctant to purchase yet another screen shield because I am not convinced they will do any more than darken my screen image.

Have you taken it in or tried another note? That's not normal

Sent from my Note 2

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

I don't think it's a design flaw per se. I think it's a limitation of the technology. As this is my fourth AMOLED device, I knew what I was getting. For me the positives on the GN2 certainly outweigh the negatives.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

suzanne farkas

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem I could not see anything in sunlight and this is the way a solved it.
I use the phone outside in the "Negative colour " mode. It reverses the background to white with black letters instead of black background with white letters. Obviously you cannot see your photos well and your screen color change, but you can read the emails and other text perfectly.
This is how you set it:
-Setting
-Accessibility
-Negative colours
Can change it back at any time by removing the mark
It works well.

Sonshine01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
In another forum it was suggested to turn on the automatic brightness. "when Automatic Brightness is turned on, the Peak Brightness becomes significantly brighter in high ambient lighting than is possible with Manual Brightness, up to as high as 475 cd/m2, which is 34 percent higher than is possible with Manual Brightness." I did try this as well as several other people and it does make a difference. Try this and see if it helps.

note222

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I am NOT trolling and I most definitely know how to use my device.....I simply cannot see the screen in sunlight and it appears others cant either!!!! And I am NOT blind and stay off of my thread with your rude remarks!!!!

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

dennis garber

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
yes it is ridiculous that I cannot do an outdoor estimate with a spreadsheet with an Android. The screen is simply not readable outside. Also there is no numbers pad which is beside the point. It also hit me that this is the reason why some people cannot get more than a few hours out of their Android because they work outside during the day. People get your butts out of the indoors.

dennis garber

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
fanboys that refused to actually offer any helpful suggestions to a very real problem should be barred f:eek:m posting. I am not the op. Also, people that always say just go google it. Help, I am googling. and this is my only my only Google result is you saying go google it

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
that has nothing to do with the brightness except if you choose screen power saving and are in some apps.

for example I always have Power Saving mode ON, but use only the CPU option.

Lol. I'm fully aware of all that

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital