HELP With Micro SD + Lock Screen/Battery Questions

Kris Garvey

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I am a fairly new Note 2 user, and I am using it for quite a bit of HD video viewing and with the need to store my movies on the SD card, I tried to put in a 32gb. I was not having issues with the 16gb I put in, until it got full! So, I 'Unmounted' the 16gb, pulled it, took the folders off it and put them on the 32gb using my laptop, then put the 32 gb in the phone. It still showed that it was a 16gb! So I rebooted the phone, tried un-mounting and re-mounting again. STILL showing a storage space on the card of 16gb total. WTF is the deal??? Anyone know how to get this thing to read correctly so I can store my video files?

Two other issues I am having that are minor, have to do with the lock screen.
1. Whenever I have to 'Swipe to Unlock', and I do so, and it shows the silly high-graphic 'ripple effect', I have to repeat this swipe motion on the screen 2-3 times before it will open the screen.

2. Does anyone know how to change the apps at the base of the Lock Screen, or better yet, remove them completely? It shows the default 'Phone', 'Mssg', 'Google', 'Email', and 'Cam', but I would like to remove them from the lock screen or at least change them like I can easily do on the home screens. It will not allow me to press and hold to move them. Any ideas?

While I am at it, if anyone happens to know, are there any compatible longer-lasting batteries for the Note 2 that do NOT require you to have a huge bulky replacement back cover? If not, what is the best battery set-up of any kind to put in the phone for long-time use and video watching?

THANKS GUYS, YOU ROCK!! xoxoxo

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I am a fairly new Note 2 user, and I am using it for quite a bit of HD video viewing and with the need to store my movies on the SD card, I tried to put in a 32gb. I was not having issues with the 16gb I put in, until it got full! So, I 'Unmounted' the 16gb, pulled it, took the folders off it and put them on the 32gb using my laptop, then put the 32 gb in the phone. It still showed that it was a 16gb! So I rebooted the phone, tried un-mounting and re-mounting again. STILL showing a storage space on the card of 16gb total. WTF is the deal??? Anyone know how to get this thing to read correctly so I can store my video files?

Two other issues I am having that are minor, have to do with the lock screen.
1. Whenever I have to 'Swipe to Unlock', and I do so, and it shows the silly high-graphic 'ripple effect', I have to repeat this swipe motion on the screen 2-3 times before it will open the screen.

2. Does anyone know how to change the apps at the base of the Lock Screen, or better yet, remove them completely? It shows the default 'Phone', 'Mssg', 'Google', 'Email', and 'Cam', but I would like to remove them from the lock screen or at least change them like I can easily do on the home screens. It will not allow me to press and hold to move them. Any ideas?

While I am at it, if anyone happens to know, are there any compatible longer-lasting batteries for the Note 2 that do NOT require you to have a huge bulky replacement back cover? If not, what is the best battery set-up of any kind to put in the phone for long-time use and video watching?

THANKS GUYS, YOU ROCK!! xoxoxo

1. What kind of card do you have? I'm assuming your phone is unrooted, so this card must be formatted in exFAT format. Try to format this on your computer, then install it in your phone. If you don't have a microsd slot/adapter on your computer, try to plug your phone into your computer via USB and see if you can format the external card this way to exFAT format.

2. Go to your system settings > tap "Lock screen options" > uncheck ripple effect

3. Go to your system settings > tap "Lock screen options" > tap the words "Shortcuts", do not tap the on/off slider > modify the lock screen apps to your liking

4. No other batteries that offer high-capacity unless you change the profile. For viewing lots of video, I would recommend putting your phone in power saving mode. I have my phone in that mode a lot, and under heavy use I get 12 hours+ on a single charge. You can always go with a dock/charger combo and another battery. Charging by a standalone dock with the battery detached is the best way to charge your battery anyway. It guarantees that you will get a true 100% charge (you will never quite reach that when you charge your battery in the phone).

Kris Garvey

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
1. What kind of card do you have? I'm assuming your phone is unrooted, so this card must be formatted in exFAT format. Try to format this on your computer, then install it in your phone. If you don't have a microsd slot/adapter on your computer, try to plug your phone into your computer via USB and see if you can format the external card this way to exFAT format.

2. Go to your system settings > tap "Lock screen options" > uncheck ripple effect

3. Go to your system settings > tap "Lock screen options" > tap the words "Shortcuts", do not tap the on/off slider > modify the lock screen apps to your liking

4. No other batteries that offer high-capacity unless you change the profile. For viewing lots of video, I would recommend putting your phone in power saving mode. I have my phone in that mode a lot, and under heavy use I get 12 hours+ on a single charge. You can always go with a dock/charger combo and another battery. Charging by a standalone dock with the battery detached is the best way to charge your battery anyway. It guarantees that you will get a true 100% charge (you will never quite reach that when you charge your battery in the phone).

I did get the card to finally work. But somehow it seems to be full again with not much more content than I had before. I will look into getting the 64gb class 10 soon.

I found the way to turn off ripple, but thx for the icon apps info.

Also, I do have the phone plugged into a wall charger when I use it at home to view movies, but for when I am on the road or otherwise unable to charge constantly, it would be nice to have longer battery life, or maybe I could just buy a few extras and have them charged and ready. It was already in Power-Saver Mode, but do you know how to turn off auto updates for apps, email, Facebook, etc.? Not only will that help power, but I really don't want it happening when I am off my WiFi and using my limited data.
Thanks for the help! :)

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I did get the card to finally work. But somehow it seems to be full again with not much more content than I had before. I will look into getting the 64gb class 10 soon.

I found the way to turn off ripple, but thx for the icon apps info.

Also, I do have the phone plugged into a wall charger when I use it at home to view movies, but for when I am on the road or otherwise unable to charge constantly, it would be nice to have longer battery life, or maybe I could just buy a few extras and have them charged and ready. It was already in Power-Saver Mode, but do you know how to turn off auto updates for apps, email, Facebook, etc.? Not only will that help power, but I really don't want it happening when I am off my WiFi and using my limited data.
Thanks for the help! :)

Start the Google play store, go to settings, uncheck auto update (or check update over wifi only)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie