12-20-2013 04:14 AM
88 1234
tools
    i picked up the no lemon extended battery... i can go days now without recharging. i highly recommend it!
    05-15-2013 11:54 AM
    Agreed on the auto pull concept for 'Report from this device' .

what about un-checking the 3rd check box in the Locations setting "Locations and Google Services" for Google services? Will this also prevent disruption of the device's deep sleep? Is this different function than 'Location reporting' for Google Maps only? I'm not sure if "Locations and Google Services" is an auto push concept or an adhoc pull concept.

weird thing is, regardless of the setting for 'Location reporting', the log for wakelock now says Google Now is the app that's disrupting sleep the most often. Not as often as Maps, but enough to be concerning. It's just really confusing how the "Locations and Google Services" and whether 'Location reporting' menus interfaces with Google Now and whether this is also an auto push or adhoc pull.
    Great to hear that you've improved battery life.

Just for your info, 'locations and Google Services' is more of a permissions thing specific for many Google applications and websites. For instance if you are in your browser and log into your google account and google search it will ask if you want to use your location to improve search results. So it's more of a privacy option.

'Location reporting' is not quite clear, I assume it's a similar option which permits Google Now to use auto detected location to provide info rather than preset location.

Sent from my GT-N7100
    05-15-2013 07:11 PM
    Great to hear that you've improved battery life.

Just for your info, 'locations and Google Services' is more of a permissions thing specific for many Google applications and websites. For instance if you are in your browser and log into your google account and google search it will ask if you want to use your location to improve search results. So it's more of a privacy option.

'Location reporting' is not quite clear, I assume it's a similar option which permits Google Now to use auto detected location to provide info rather than preset location.

Sent from my GT-N7100
    thanks again for this. Going into second day of usage on a single charge. This has completely increased the practicality of this phone, I don't have to carry my charger with me anymore, even if the phone gets heavy usage, 3100mah battery indeed!
    HypoDest likes this.
    05-16-2013 09:56 AM
    then you need a larger battery, or a spare one...
    05-16-2013 03:42 PM
    Hi Joe.
    Could you post your battery history details and screen-on graphs. They can provide more info.

Rooting isnt necessary for good battery life.
    Also removing apps from the recent apps list or clearing ram won't help with battery (or performance for that matter). Closing 'active apps' is more helpful.

The usual culprits for off-screen battery Ioss are poor signal (or LTE) or wakelocks .

Common fixes are:
    Keep wifi on during sleep → Never
    Apps like viber → use phones wifi policy
    Autosync → disable
    Email / Facebook → Longer refresh intervals
    Location settings → Disable 'report from this device' , Location reporting can be set to auto
    Sent from my GT-N7100
    I cannot seem to find the Location settings → Disable 'report from this device' on my Note could you please tell how to do this? My google now is not working
    06-06-2013 02:40 PM
    I cannot seem to find the Location settings → Disable 'report from this device' on my Note could you please tell how to do this? My google now is not working
    are you trying to do this for Google Maps or Google Now? Google Maps is what we're were discussing regaring 'report from this device'. If you want virtually no wakelock from Google Now, you simply need to just swtich off the notification cards
    06-07-2013 09:18 AM
    I also see lots on the web that says roiting your phone can help with battery.

That is something I know absolutely nothing about.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
    It's not the rooting that helps with battery life, it's the rom you flash on it. You can load a custom rom that underclocks the cpu and undervolts. This is where you save power

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    06-08-2013 06:41 AM
    I've looked everywhere and the only setting I see either in maps or "google settings" is the ability to turn OFF "location reporting". What am I missing?
    12-08-2013 09:18 AM
    I have been using this a week come tomorrow and I've yet to duplicate the kind of battery life I see posted around the forums! Nothing seems to be sucking my battery dry it just doesn't last as long as others! gsam has shown me that behind Android, Facebook wakes my device the most but my battery graph shows almost a 1 to 1 between screen on and awake so I don't think it's being kept from sleeping at all!

Battery life at work REALLY stinks but gsam shows that I'm at 2 bars almost 100% percent of the time that I'm there but I seemed to have better battery life on my S3 working in the same place!

Signed,
    Confused lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    12-11-2013 04:34 AM
    I have been using this a week come tomorrow and I've yet to duplicate the kind of battery life I see posted around the forums! Nothing seems to be sucking my battery dry it just doesn't last as long as others! gsam has shown me that behind Android, Facebook wakes my device the most but my battery graph shows almost a 1 to 1 between screen on and awake so I don't think it's being kept from sleeping at all!

Battery life at work REALLY stinks but gsam shows that I'm at 2 bars almost 100% percent of the time that I'm there but I seemed to have better battery life on my S3 working in the same place!

Signed,
    Confused lol

Facebook will really drain a battery faster. And so will a poor radio signal. You may want to try uninstalling Facebook just to test how much longer you get on your battery.

Google Location isn't needed if you don't need to find out directions or nearby businesses very often so try turning that off too, for a test.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    12-11-2013 04:52 AM
    Something definitely seems amiss! When I had an S3 with the same setup it would last throughout the entire work day with a similar signal (100% of the time 2 bars or less). Today my Note (off charger at 8:30) was at 46% by 12:15!

I'm just going to order a new battery!

12-11-2013 03:45 PM

Signed,
    Confused lol

If your still looking to rule out apps, install wakelock detector and look at which apps are causing abnormally high wakelocks.

Also may wanna try setting 'keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' to never under Wi-Fi settings. If you have Viber, it tries to overwrite this settings, so disable it under Viber settings as well.

If you want more help, post a screenshot of you battery chart and battery history details and screen on time :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100
    12-11-2013 04:54 PM
    Thanks for the help.... I currently have Wi-Fi set to never and I don't use viber. Here are a few screens...

Attached Thumbnails Need help with Note 2 battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1386812400819.jpg   Need help with Note 2 battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1386812418647.jpg   Need help with Note 2 battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1386812431890.jpg  
    12-11-2013 07:40 PM
    That doesn't look so bad. After 9+ hours and 3 hours screentime your battery is at 60% charge!

Your mobile signal looks kind of spotty and that's probably draining some battery. Otherwise this doesn't look so bad at all.

12-11-2013 08:14 PM
    Based on the battery charts, it doesn't look like any rogue apps are present.

Since the battery drop is constant regardless of whether the phone is in use, it's likely due to some radio.

Might wanna try disabling Bluetooth and GPS (there seems to be a special Verizon based GPS icon in the status bar) and see if that improves things?

Sent from my GT-N7100
    12-11-2013 08:20 PM
    Yeah the drain is a nice smooth line! To mumbles, 9 hours is good if there weren't a couple charges in there... haha
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-11-2013 09:33 PM
    Yeah the drain is a nice smooth line! To mumbles, 9 hours is good if there weren't a couple charges in there... haha
    Oh, I see. I'm stumped, I guess.

12-11-2013 10:21 PM
    Oh, I see. I'm stumped, I guess.

As am I! I ordered a battery from Verizon that should be here by the weekend! I REALLY hope this phone isn't a dud because I love it!

HypoDest likes this.
    12-12-2013 04:29 AM
    As am I! I ordered a battery from Verizon that should be here by the weekend! I REALLY hope this phone isn't a dud because I love it!

I hope so too. Good luck with the new battery. :beer::thumbup:

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-12-2013 05:36 AM
    I charged up from 50 percent or so with about 1.5 hours left in the work day. This is what I have gotten since. Monday will be the real test though as I side loaded phone info so that I could switch off lte and I'm also now using green power!

Attached Thumbnails Need help with Note 2 battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1386991137355.jpg   Need help with Note 2 battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1386991148564.jpg  
    12-13-2013 09:20 PM
    That is better but not great. Did you turn down the screen brightness?

12-13-2013 09:35 PM
    That is better but not great. Did you turn down the screen brightness?

Don't judge me but I took a post-it note, marked each side of the brightness slider, counted out the millimeters and set it to exactly 1/3 of the way up then turned on auto brightness. lol
    HypoDest likes this.
    12-13-2013 09:42 PM
    Don't judge me but I took a post-it note, marked each side of the brightness slider, counted out the millimeters and set it to exactly 1/3 of the way up then turned on auto brightness. lol
    Hehe, no one could say you're not working on this.

mumfoau likes this.
    12-13-2013 10:38 PM
    Hehe, no one could say you're not working on this.

I'm really trying to figure this thing out! I'm starting to think that I'm expecting too much and that I'm going to get similar battery life than I was before on the s3 and that the battery is just so large because the Note needs it to just be on par with smaller phones...

12-14-2013 06:25 AM
    I'm really trying to figure this thing out! I'm starting to think that I'm expecting too much and that I'm going to get similar battery life than I was before on the s3 and that the battery is just so large because the Note needs it to just be on par with smaller phones...

You're probably right about that! The large screens do want a lot of battery power. Well, as it is now, it isn't the worst it could be and it looks a lot improved. :thumbup:

12-14-2013 07:29 AM
88 1234