12-20-2013 04:14 AM
88 1234
tools
    You're probably right about that! The large screens do want a lot of battery power. Well, as it is now, it isn't the worst it could be and it looks a lot improved. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    That is true! Still holding out hope that when my new battery comes in that changes something. However, apps like Phone Info tell me my battery health is good so I may have wasted money. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-14-2013 07:39 AM
    Hi, I noticed your using Green Power. I use Deep sleep battery saver and believe it or not, I've gotten a little over 39 hours on one charge using my phone heavy to light usage at times. You might give it a try.

USMC97/ GN2
    HypoDest and mrsmumbles like this.
    12-14-2013 11:16 AM
    I'm really trying to figure this thing out! I'm starting to think that I'm expecting too much and that I'm going to get similar battery life than I was before on the s3 and that the battery is just so large because the Note needs it to just be on par with smaller phones...

I think you are right to expect better battery life. It is hard to quantify battery life, but I moved up from s3 to note2 and got double the screen time (3.5 hours to 7 hours) and there are many others who have.

The increased screen size doesn't have as much effect since the resolution is the same (the increase in sub-pixel count doesn't compensate the increased battery).
    Also the drain is constant and not depending on screen on time.

I hope the new battery fixes it 😃

Have you contacted Verizon support about this?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-14-2013 03:44 PM
    I think you are right to expect better battery life. It is hard to quantify battery life, but I moved up from s3 to note2 and got double the screen time (3.5 hours to 7 hours) and there are many others who have.

The increased screen size doesn't have as much effect since the resolution is the same (the increase in sub-pixel count doesn't compensate the increased battery).
    Also the drain is constant and not depending on screen on time.

I hope the new battery fixes it

Have you contacted Verizon support about this?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app
    I actually scored an arctic blue s4 in trade for my note II
    mrsmumbles and HypoDest like this.
    12-14-2013 05:14 PM
    I actually scored an arctic blue s4 in trade for my note II
    How's the battery? That's great, I hope it will be a lot better! :thumbup:

12-14-2013 05:46 PM
    How's the battery? That's great, I hope it will be a lot better! :thumbup:

Well, I got it almost dead. I was able to charge it up to 77% before we headed out for the day. As of right now I'm at 46% after 6 hrs 15 mins on battery and 1 hr 47 mins of screen on time! Much better than I was getting. And my graph isn't showing all those wake ups that I was seeing before. 4.3 is also nice but I'm not a fan of the way the settings menu is all tabbed now. Too much digging to get to stuff. Lol
    12-14-2013 05:55 PM
    Well, I got it almost dead. I was able to charge it up to 77% before we headed out for the day. As of right now I'm at 46% after 6 hrs 15 mins on battery and 1 hr 47 mins of screen on time! Much better than I was getting. And my graph isn't showing all those wake ups that I was seeing before. 4.3 is also nice but I'm not a fan of the way the settings menu is all tabbed now. Too much digging to get to stuff. Lol
    You'll get used to it though. I'm glad you're finally getting nice battery life. It's so much less to worry about when you know your phone will last throughout the day! :thumbup:

mumfoau likes this.
    12-14-2013 06:08 PM
    Just powered it off at 15 percent. Time on battery from 77 percent was 10 hours and 18 minutes. Screen time was 3 hours and 29 minutes! Way better than what I was getting with the Note!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-14-2013 10:04 PM
    Just powered it off at 15 percent. Time on battery from 77 percent was 10 hours and 18 minutes. Screen time was 3 hours and 29 minutes! Way better than what I was getting with the Note!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    That's great news! :beer::thumbup:

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    12-14-2013 10:08 PM
    How much screen time were you getting with your s3? This is probably me best today and thats with having everything off when I am not using it. Best screen on time I have ever gotten is around 3 hours.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    12-14-2013 10:21 PM
    Order a zero lemon 9300 mah. I get on average almost 4 days per charge with around 11 hours screen time in a horrible signal area. Im always on an extended network and at work I have zero signal. I love it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    12-14-2013 10:49 PM
    Back on the Note! Apparently the person I traded to was a habitual phone switcher and his mom required he switch back. Damn kids. Lol luckily I'm a nice guy.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-15-2013 02:44 PM
    Back on the Note! Apparently the person I traded to was a habitual phone switcher and his mom required he switch back. Damn kids. Lol luckily I'm a nice guy.

Wow, I'll say. You've been playing musical chairs with phones. If your battery doesn't work out maybe think about trying a Zerolemon battery, a lot of posters think they're pretty good.

mumfoau likes this.
    12-16-2013 01:58 AM
    I don't know what happened between trading it away on Saturday and getting it back on Sunday but this is yesterday after charging up to 95%...

I was on Wi-Fi all day and I am using power saving mode...

Attached Thumbnails Need help with Note 2 battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1387188580667.jpg   Need help with Note 2 battery!-uploadfromtaptalk1387188598371.jpg  
    12-16-2013 04:10 AM
    Oh .. Hm. One thing you could also try is turn down the brightness of the screen. That could save some battery. What you have there isn't terrible but it's not as good as you should be getting, still.

mumfoau likes this.
    12-16-2013 04:38 AM
    Oh .. Hm. One thing you could also try is turn down the brightness of the screen. That could save some battery. What you have there isn't terrible but it's not as good as you should be getting, still.

I'm actually ok with this. If I can duplicate that at work today with switching LTE off using Phone info then I'll be a happy camper. The reason I'm switching lte off is because I think my excessive drain may be due to this Note always seeking lte that it's not going to find! Typically, all I ask for from a device is to get me through my work day without fear of my battery dying! I can charge on my commute!

mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-16-2013 07:17 AM
    I'm actually ok with this. If I can duplicate that at work today with switching LTE off using Phone info then I'll be a happy camper. The reason I'm switching lte off is because I think my excessive drain may be due to this Note always seeking lte that it's not going to find! Typically, all I ask for from a device is to get me through my work day without fear of my battery dying! I can charge on my commute!

Good! I hope it will work. I know how nerve wracking it is to be out and the phone is draining battery. That makes me so nervous.

12-16-2013 07:44 AM
    I noticed during my 24 hours with the S4 that after side-loading 'Phone Info' the app wouldn't open on 4.3. I sure hope that I don't run into that when this Note 2 gets 4.3. The ability to toggle LTE off is something that should come standard on these devices anyway.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-16-2013 08:29 AM
    I noticed during my 24 hours with the S4 that after side-loading 'Phone Info' the app wouldn't open on 4.3. I sure hope that I don't run into that when this Note 2 gets 4.3. The ability to toggle LTE off is something that should come standard on these devices anyway.
    Yes, I agree with that. I wish I could access a bunch of toggles from the notification shade. Probably can with a third party app. :rolleyes:

12-16-2013 08:44 AM
    Yes, I agree with that. I wish I could access a bunch of toggles from the notification shade. Probably can with a third party app. :rolleyes:

I'd be fine if it was anywhere in the settings as an option since it would only have to be done twice during the day and the time between toggles would be 8-10 hours!
    12-16-2013 10:03 AM
    I'd be fine if it was anywhere in the settings as an option since it would only have to be done twice during the day and the time between toggles would be 8-10 hours!
    Yes. There must be apps for toggling though right?

12-16-2013 10:14 AM
    Yes. There must be apps for toggling though right?

There should be. I just know Phone Info refused to open when I tried it on 4.3
    12-16-2013 11:31 AM
    There should be. I just know Phone Info refused to open when I tried it on 4.3
    That's strange... I'm not familiar with the Note 2 though (or any Samsung phones) since I've not had one.

12-16-2013 11:38 AM
    Left work with 50+ percent of my battery remaining. But, I only had around 1.25 hours of screen time! Too much background stuff happening in Android. Lol

12-16-2013 03:34 PM
    I have everything switched on gps bluetooth wifi and data i have refresh rates set to minimum on everything i use fb watch videos and use other apps for around 3 hours a day on and off also have widgets and other apps running and my battery lasts from 6.30 till aroudmd 11pm which is when it goes back on charge tbh i think that is good for the screen size

sent from my note 2 rooted on 4.4 kitkat
    mumfoau likes this.
    12-16-2013 03:52 PM
88 1234