Need help with Note 2 battery!

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the drain is a nice smooth line! To mumbles, 9 hours is good if there weren't a couple charges in there... haha

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I see. :(:confused: I'm stumped, I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

As am I! I ordered a battery from Verizon that should be here by the weekend! I REALLY hope this phone isn't a dud because I love it!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
As am I! I ordered a battery from Verizon that should be here by the weekend! I REALLY hope this phone isn't a dud because I love it!

I hope so too. Good luck with the new battery. :beer::thumbup:

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I charged up from 50 percent or so with about 1.5 hours left in the work day. This is what I have gotten since. Monday will be the real test though as I side loaded phone info so that I could switch off lte and I'm also now using green power!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386991137355.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386991137355.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 16
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386991148564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386991148564.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 16

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
That is better but not great. Did you turn down the screen brightness?

Don't judge me but I took a post-it note, marked each side of the brightness slider, counted out the millimeters and set it to exactly 1/3 of the way up then turned on auto brightness. lol

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Don't judge me but I took a post-it note, marked each side of the brightness slider, counted out the millimeters and set it to exactly 1/3 of the way up then turned on auto brightness. lol

Hehe, no one could say you're not working on this. :D:D:D

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hehe, no one could say you're not working on this. :D:D:D

I'm really trying to figure this thing out! I'm starting to think that I'm expecting too much and that I'm going to get similar battery life than I was before on the s3 and that the battery is just so large because the Note needs it to just be on par with smaller phones...

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm really trying to figure this thing out! I'm starting to think that I'm expecting too much and that I'm going to get similar battery life than I was before on the s3 and that the battery is just so large because the Note needs it to just be on par with smaller phones...

You're probably right about that! The large screens do want a lot of battery power. Well, as it is now, it isn't the worst it could be and it looks a lot improved. :thumbup:

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
You're probably right about that! The large screens do want a lot of battery power. Well, as it is now, it isn't the worst it could be and it looks a lot improved. :thumbup:

That is true! Still holding out hope that when my new battery comes in that changes something. However, apps like Phone Info tell me my battery health is good so I may have wasted money. Lol

kanesmith41

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I noticed your using Green Power. I use Deep sleep battery saver and believe it or not, I've gotten a little over 39 hours on one charge using my phone heavy to light usage at times. You might give it a try.

USMC97/ GN2

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

I think you are right to expect better battery life. It is hard to quantify battery life, but I moved up from s3 to note2 and got double the screen time (3.5 hours to 7 hours) and there are many others who have.

The increased screen size doesn't have as much effect since the resolution is the same (the increase in sub-pixel count doesn't compensate the increased battery).
Also the drain is constant and not depending on screen on time.

I hope the new battery fixes it 😃

Have you contacted Verizon support about this?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think you are right to expect better battery life. It is hard to quantify battery life, but I moved up from s3 to note2 and got double the screen time (3.5 hours to 7 hours) and there are many others who have.

The increased screen size doesn't have as much effect since the resolution is the same (the increase in sub-pixel count doesn't compensate the increased battery).
Also the drain is constant and not depending on screen on time.

I hope the new battery fixes it ��

Have you contacted Verizon support about this?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app

I actually scored an arctic blue s4 in trade for my note II

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
How's the battery? That's great, I hope it will be a lot better! :thumbup:;)

Well, I got it almost dead. I was able to charge it up to 77% before we headed out for the day. As of right now I'm at 46% after 6 hrs 15 mins on battery and 1 hr 47 mins of screen on time! Much better than I was getting. And my graph isn't showing all those wake ups that I was seeing before. 4.3 is also nice but I'm not a fan of the way the settings menu is all tabbed now. Too much digging to get to stuff. Lol

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got it almost dead. I was able to charge it up to 77% before we headed out for the day. As of right now I'm at 46% after 6 hrs 15 mins on battery and 1 hr 47 mins of screen on time! Much better than I was getting. And my graph isn't showing all those wake ups that I was seeing before. 4.3 is also nice but I'm not a fan of the way the settings menu is all tabbed now. Too much digging to get to stuff. Lol

You'll get used to it though. :D I'm glad you're finally getting nice battery life. It's so much less to worry about when you know your phone will last throughout the day! :thumbup:

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just powered it off at 15 percent. Time on battery from 77 percent was 10 hours and 18 minutes. Screen time was 3 hours and 29 minutes! Way better than what I was getting with the Note!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Just powered it off at 15 percent. Time on battery from 77 percent was 10 hours and 18 minutes. Screen time was 3 hours and 29 minutes! Way better than what I was getting with the Note!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's great news! :beer::thumbup::cool:

tpence2177

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
How much screen time were you getting with your s3? This is probably me best today and thats with having everything off when I am not using it. Best screen on time I have ever gotten is around 3 hours.
urezu5em.jpg

e8abyru4.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary