I have a problem on my Note 2 whereby the emails under my pop account disappear randomly when the email screen is accessed.
    They may stay there a few minutes and even after opening and closing the email screen a couple of times, then all of a sudden they just auto-delete.
    Server settings are set to keep mail on server.
    Mails to my gmail account (in the gmail screen) arrive and stay there until deleted.
    Anyone else had this or know of a remedy?
    Thanks in advance.
    05-13-2013 04:26 AM
    I have a problem on my Note 2 whereby the emails under my pop account disappear randomly when the email screen is accessed.
    They may stay there a few minutes and even after opening and closing the email screen a couple of times, then all of a sudden they just auto-delete.
    Server settings are set to keep mail on server.
    Mails to my gmail account (in the gmail screen) arrive and stay there until deleted.
    Anyone else had this or know of a remedy?
    Thanks in advance.
    Ate you using the stock email app? If yes, then try another email app like Aqua mail or k9 to see if the same thing still happens. Let's isolate this to see if it's an app issue or something else.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-13-2013 06:34 AM
    Same problem but it only happens with 1 of my 4 email accounts, all of which are imap, with the same provider, identical settings, using the standard email app - strange!
    WarrenH
    05-13-2013 09:23 AM
    I have had the same issue on my Galaxy s3 - with an IMAP configuration. Twice in the last couple of days I have gotten an email, left it on my phone, and then it disappears an hour or two later without prompting. It deletes it from the server as well so no trace of the email can be found. Verizon suggested I pull the battery and after testing it, it seems to be working again.
    06-04-2013 01:36 PM