Battery % in status bar

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Who prefers to have the battery percentage display in the status bar. I've always had this turned on since my iPhone days but I find I obsess over how much is left if I can watch it count down.

skafri

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Who prefers to have the battery percentage display in the status bar. I've always had this turned on since my iPhone days but I find I obsess over how much is left if I can watch it count down.

I have to have a number.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I just feel like I watch the battery drain and don't really enjoy the phone Cuz I'm too worried about the battery life

Last edited:

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I just feel like I watch the battery drain and don't really enjoy the phone Cuz I'm too worried about the battery life

I don't have that problem with this phone because the battery life is that good. With the iphone I probably obsessed a little too much over it. But yeah definitely had the battery percentage there since day 1

Sent from my Note 2

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I kept it turned off for this reason. I turned it on, but found myself paying too much attention to the percentage. So I decided to keep it off and not pay attention at all. Keep on using phone until I get warnings.

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
The % lets me see what's left with just a quick glance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to have just the % and get rid of the battery icon? Anyone know? For me it's a waste of 3/8 of an inch of room on the status bar....

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

sejgiul

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm exactly the same so I turned it off this morning. I know I get a full day out of it and about 5 hours of screen on time. So I'm going to just enjoy it and see how I get on. I'm sure battery life will be better without me checking history all the time lol.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I keep it on... you can see in any of my screenshots I've posted around ;)

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

wlaw422

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I keep it off. Yellow being under 30% and over 15%, red under 15% but over 5%, and the exclamation point being under 5% is good enough indication for me. I find it very consistent. Anything above 30 i don't really care too much. The battery icon can give me a pretty good picture of where I probably am. And it's easy to grab the pull down menu, go to settings, then select battery if I REALLY need to see it.

I appreciate that under 15% still gives me a fair amount of use. Doesn't mean the phone will die in 5 mins. Even being under 5 percent you can still make a 5 min emergency call if you had to. Now with my old phone (thunderbolt) that was a different story. For me under 10 meant kill every task, turn off all mobile networks/wifi, cause this ship is sinking in a few mins.

Back when I had the Thunderbolt (which had really average battery life compared to this) I'd always keep the percentage on with the different roms I was flashing. I was pretty OCD about battery life, percentage. I'd check the lock screen just to see how much was left or how much had drained while the phone had sat idle.

On this Note 2 I've stayed on stock since day one. I always rooted and flashed roms so I could have better performance and have the ability to screenshot. But out of the box this phone did pretty much everything I wanted. Didn't want to mess with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm still torn. With it on I know how much I have left and can more accurately guage how long I have left. But i charge it more than I need to and notice battery drain more. With it off I don't worry about the drain so much but have no idea what I have. Which after playing need for speed for 20 minutes is a crap shoot

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

It's one of the first things I enabled when I got the Note 2! It's a feature I've always wanted to be able to quickly gauge the battery level (although I don't obsess over it :)). On past devices, I always had to use a third party app to get that feature. This is one of many little things I love about Touch Wiz.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I prefer to have it visible. At first I obsessed over the percentage because I wasn't sure of battery life on the note 2... Just got it a week ago... Now, since I have a pretty good idea of how the battery responds according to my use, I don't obsess over it, but I still like having the percentage displayed.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!! :)

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Can't do it. Gotta know. Fifty percent is my zero.
Also, the Play Music 5.0 update came out last week and (at least for now) likes to do stuff in the background and eat up the battery. It's always something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza