play store is not working in note 2

popologuy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
my Google placed store also stopped working. Thanks for the video. I'm just wondering why it stopped working in the first place?

wajahat ali

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
hello,, gyz....
my samsung note 2 has no playstore in it... i have intalled it but its not working..i tried all the things enable the download menager.clear the chases.clear the data.restore factory satting.but unsuccessful..note that it is in chinies language i mostly converted it into english but not full...
please please help me.... i will.be very thankful to you...

DesElms

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I didn't watch the video; and users who come here to READ solutions shouldn't be forced to. Young people who grew-up on TV are too quick to go to video. Some of us still read, and love it, and prefer it. I can glean everything I need to know from the written word in one-tenth the time it takes me to watch a how-to video that talks to me like I'm an *****.

I dunno what the video says (and couldn't care less), but I know what the fix is, and so here's what to do, that no one in this thread apparently thought it was important to bother to WRITE down...

Get to any of the phone's homescreens.

Press the MENU key; and from the menu that rises-up from the bottom, press on "Settings."

Scroll-down to the "Device" section, and therein find the "Application Manager" item. Press on it.

Scroll-down to the "Google Play Store" item. Press on it.

Wait 'til all the items in the "Storage" area update and show thheir values; same with the "Cache" value.

Scroll down a little more and if the "Clear defaults" button is not grayed-out (and so is pressable), press it.

Scroll back up a little and if the "Clear cache" button is not grayed-out (and so is pressable), press it.

Then, if the "Clear data" button is not grayed-out (and so is pressable), press it.

Then scroll to the top and press the "Force stop" button.

Then press the "Uninstall updates" button.

Then press the BACK key, and if "Google Play Services" is still appearing on the list of applications, above the Google Play Store item, press on it.

Repeat what of the above "Clear defaults," and "Clear cache," and "Clear data" that you can; and scroll up and "Force stop" and "Uninstall updates" if those buttons are pressable (if any of them are grayed-out, don't worry about it; just press what you can).

Then press the BACK key however many times it take to get all the way back to any homescreen.

Then press and hold the POWER button until the "Device options" pop-up shows, and press "Power off" and then "OK" to verify that that's, indeed, what you want to do.

Feel for the brief vibration telling you the phone's fully off; then wait about three to five seconds, then press and hold the POWER button until the splash screen appears, then release it; and then set the phone down and let it boot all the way back up again. And I mean ALL the way back up: Allow it every bit of five to preferably ten minutes... go get coffee or something. Make sure that every last process or service or whatever needs to load is fully loaded, and the phone has calmed back down and is truly "idle." (It's sort of like when a Windows machine boots-up, and the hard drive light finally slows down and either completely stops flickering, or at least just flickers once every few seconds or so; technically a Windows computer isn't fully booted-up until that happens, and even though there's no hard drive light on the phone to help you know when that has happened, you nevertheless need to wait until it has, hence my advice to allow five to ten -- preferably ten -- minutes for the phone to really and truly be fully booted-up.)

Once it's fully booted, launch the Google Play Store app. It should be back at a much older version... before all the updates you deleted in the earlier steps. Once you have even that old version open and running, go into its "Settings" by pressing on the phone's MENU key, and then pressing on the "Settings" item on the menu that rises-up from the bottom.

Once in "Settings," go through all the settings and put them to the way you want them. For most people, that's turning-on notifications; and auto-updating either over WI-FI only, or not auto-updating at all (I prefer that one); not auto-adding widgets; no content filtering; no password (and, of course, you'll need the password to your Google account to set that); and even though you'll have no search history at that point ('cause you deleted it all in earlier steps, go ahead and clear search history if it's offered, there, in "Settings"); then press the BACK key however many times are needed to get back to a homescreen.

Then wait about a minutes; then re-open the Google Play Store app, and see if it's still that old version (it might still be; just be patient). If it is, then press the MENU key to raise that little menu from the bottom and press on "My apps" to see all your apps. Scroll up and down through 'em a little; maybe hit the BACK key and go look at some movies or books or something... just use the app a little for just a few minutes... only three or so minutes will do. Then press the BACK key again however many times it takes to exit the app and get back to a homescreen.

Then wait, again, for a few minutes... two or three, maybe. Just be patient.

Then re-launch, again, the Google Play Store app. On this third time, you may or may not see the absolutely latest version 4.4.2.1, but you'll likely at least be, by then, up to the version 3-point-whatever that we were all using just before the most recent 4.4.2.1 rolled-out a couple or three weeks ago. That's a good sign. Again, look at all your apps. Look at other apps. Look at some movies or books. Then close the Google Play Store again.

If you wait a few minutes and re-open it again, you may or may not finally be back up to 4.4.2.1, but you're at least at a point where you should be able to use it again, as before, with everything working well. The final update to 4.4.2.1 may take a day or so... maybe a reboot or two... but it'll finally happen; and you'll know that you're finally there when you see the little left-slide-out menu icon in the upper-leftmost corner of the Google Play Store's main screen; at which point you should be able to press the phone's MENU key, then select "Settings" from it; then scroll to the bottom of the "Settings" screen and see that you're finally at version 4.4.2.1 (or whatever is the latest version whenever future readers are reading this; as of this post's writing, 4.4.2.1 is the latest Google Play Store version).

There's no way to force the Google Play Store app to update itself. It'll do it all by itself. Just be patient.

Any version of it, though, will work. Even after you clear the cache, clear data, clear defaults, and uninstall updates from both the Google Play Store and its service, that oldest version that appears after reboot will work, once you go through the settings and make everything how you want it. Then, after that, even if you do nothing else but just use the phone, trust me, it'll work itself back up to 4.4.2.1 (or whatever, in the future, is the current version) over a period of anywhere from minutes to hours or maybe a day, give or take; and maybe with the help of a reboot or two. Just relax and let it happen.

Hope that helps.

Salman Khan31

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
hello,, gyz....
my samsung note 2 has no playstore in it... i have intalled it but its not working..i tried all the things enable the download menager.clear the chases.clear the data.restore factory satting.but unsuccessful..note that it is in chinies language i mostly converted it into english but not full...
please please help me.... i will.be very thankful to you...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon