cannot able to install hangout

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
when i open hangout in play store it opens google talk but nothing upgraded. .. whats the probleme

Posted via Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
when i open hangout in play store it opens google talk but nothing upgraded. .. whats the probleme

Posted via Android Central App

From what Ive read on some of the other threads here (and on Google+), the updates are coming out slowly.

What I did on my HOX+ was uninstall the Talk app using ROM Toolbox Pro (I'm rooted and others have used Titanium Backup) and installed Hangouts from the Play Store. It worked like a charm :)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the camp that says it's the biggest piece of crap google has put out in a long time. While I think the name itself is lame as hell. My main issues in order are...

1. All of your contacts are added whether you want them there or not. Face it, I don't want every contact in my address book in my hangout. There is no way to remove the unwanted contacts from the list without blocking them (which also blocks them from your google+. Now I have 200+ names in my hangout. Wheres that stupid sign that we can hang around google's neck.

2. I have 2 separate accounts one for just my family and the other for my xda and android central friends. There is no real way to separate these accounts. All the contacts for each are merged together. Again, where's that sign?

3. While it does show when you are online or offline it doesn't give you to option of being away or busy.

There or more but these are my top 3.

It's really a huge step backward from talk.

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Got the update today,, love it. Love everything about it. I think it is now an awesome app.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance