Multi-Window... Do you really use it?

How often do you use the multi-window feature?

• Total voters

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, with a sample size of two the value is clear. :D

So far I've really done little more than play with it, but once or twice I found it moderately useful. Once, for example, writing an email while wanting to see the information I was writing about. I think it will be far more useful on a tablet than on a phone, and somewhat more useful on a Phablet than a phone.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Honestly it has come in handy a few times but for the most part I do not use it. Its a feature I leave off most of the time. I do not think its a gimmick, just add it to the many other things samsung has added to the device that I don't use everyday but IF I needed it it would be sorely missed.

Btw I am rooted and every app I own is usable in multiwindow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Almost never on the N2. I use it a bit more frequently on the N10.1, where it's a bit more useful because of the screen real estate.

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
i rarely use it. Most of the time, I'm using my GN2 for internet browsing, and the multi-window would not allow me to open two Chrome browsers. At times when I write an email and need to copy links from a browser, I never bothered to use the window, it's actually much easier to hold down the button (on the bottom of the phone) to toggle functions.

For the folks who actually use it, what do you generally use it with?

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I use it almost every day.

My typical use case is watching a video in the upper window while doing something else (Reddit, gReader, Web browsing, Solitaire) in the lower window.

I also use the Pop-Up video with TripleTown a lot.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
it seems gimmicky to me still, I haven't really found the big need to use it yet.

sent from my galaxy note 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I find it handy while watching YouTube videos that are quite lengthy. Especially some of the mobile tech reviews that are 20+ minutes in length. I can have the video playing, while browsing the Web.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I use Multi-Window every day. I have a problem with my engine that I need to monitor the temp at all times so I have torque running in one window and then maps/Nav or phone up in another window. i am also rooted and have Evey app available. I rooted specifically to be able to do this because the stock apps available were just not useful to me. I very seldom use this apart from when I am in the truck.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I used it for the first time yesterday. I can't see myself using it everyday, but I think it's a very handy feature and I enjoy it.

Posted via Android Central App

husa3695

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I use multi window a lot I send emails and have to use the Internet as well to look up information.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I rarely use multi-window on my Note 2, so turned it off. I prefer to see things in the full 5.5" screen. It's a nice option to have though, so I wouldn't want to give it up. I do however occasionally use it on my Note 10.1 (tablet) as the screen size is more accommodating. Just used it this past week to watch the Google I/O keynote in Youtube while browsing Android Central in the web browser! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12