06-02-2013 07:40 PM
83 1234
tools
    I have the Galaxy S3, had it since launch date back in June of last year, Its recently started acting out....and i'm due for an upgrade......Looking into the Galaxy Note 2.....Don't really want the S4 as its too similar imo as the S3......

Anyone upgrade from the S3 to the Note 2 and didn't regret it????? All I hear are GOOD reports ever about this phone...
    I would seriously consider the LG Optimus Pro. The only thing missing is the stylus which is compensated by the neat quick apps that provide "real" multitasking. The LG is sleeker, lighter, better built, one of the best camera's on the market and last but not least the software is miles ahead of Samsung. The lagginess and slowness is not seen on the LG.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-21-2013 09:33 PM
    Note 2 s pen#boss

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-21-2013 09:36 PM
    Just moved from iPhone 5 to a GN2 also. Great phone, loving the bigger screen.

Posted via Android Central App
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-21-2013 11:54 PM
    Of Course i've seen it , plenty of videos and in person.....and Sense is not for me, I don't care what version it is.
    Again:
    Are you really using 2 year old phones to judge a company?
    05-22-2013 08:14 AM
    Go for it girl.....I have had mine since November and I loved it from day one. It is not too big unless you walk around all day with your phone to your ear...get an ear bud and enjoy all the pleasures of a tablet and a phone in one. I hardly ever pick up my tablet anymore. Write notes and grocery lists right on the phone; keeps me away from my desktop now too so I can get more done. Don't forget to purchase wallet cover to carry it in! I have my cc, money and license and can easily just go......enjoy!
    LadiJae and taniabonita52 like this.
    05-22-2013 09:33 AM
    I will be ordering it Friday most likely !!!
    The note 2 is a great phone, the UI is very similar to the S3 but with spec bumps and a bigger screen. It does have more features but it's all pen related.
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-22-2013 10:58 AM
    You won't regret it!! Takes great photos... And I had the pleasure of using it to take snapshots of my girl doggie named Pulga and her newborn pups. I also used it to sketch out some project ideas the other day... It's a very convenient device. Everything you need, best of both worlds.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!! :-)
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-22-2013 10:58 AM
    Let's be honest, comparing sense on a Evo to sense on the One is like comparing apples to oranges.

Sent from my HTC One
    Kind of like comparing the HTC One to the Note 2. They are completely different categories. If someone has an interest in the Note 2, they probably are interested in the screen size, and the S Pen functionality. Suggesting the One is like a car salesmen suggesting a car when you're looking for a truck.

The One is nice, but it's not in the same category of device as the Note 2. Completely different class.
    slinkies and petaf like this.
    05-22-2013 12:27 PM
    Again:
    +

Relax dude. She doesn't like Sense. It's okay. I don't either. I understand that some people do, but even if she liked sense, she's talking about wanting the Note 2. Unless there's a sense device that has an S Pen and the same screen real estate, let's not try to turn every conversation into an HTC debate.
    05-22-2013 12:30 PM
    Note 2 is the best Android Phone I've owned. I've been through 7 Android phones and this is the only one I haven't rooted because I think it's perfect the way it is.
    LadiJae, _X_, 808TBolt and 1 others like this.
    05-22-2013 12:31 PM
    Love my Note2. The best

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    05-22-2013 04:32 PM
    +

Relax dude. She doesn't like Sense. It's okay. I don't either. I understand that some people do, but even if she liked sense, she's talking about wanting the Note 2. Unless there's a sense device that has an S Pen and the same screen real estate, let's not try to turn every conversation into an HTC debate.
    I'm not talking about Sense either. In fact I don't particularly like it either. But ok, I'll stop

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-22-2013 05:35 PM
    I definitely don't want the note 3 if it's going to be bigger than the 2

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 ~
    Me either. This size on the Note 2 is PERFECT!! WOULD NOT want anything bigger for a pocket device!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-22-2013 07:58 PM
    Note 2 is the best Android Phone I've owned. I've been through 7 Android phones and this is the only one I haven't rooted because I think it's perfect the way it is.
    I rooted mine just to get rid of the VERIZON BLOAT and activate the unlimited tethering. (among other things)
    Double0EK likes this.
    05-22-2013 08:26 PM
    When people say the Note 2 has ungodly battery life they sure aren't kidding. This is the first smartphone I've ever had that can legitimately last near 2 full days on a single charge. And that's even with moderate usage! Way impressive.
    LadiJae and taniabonita52 like this.
    05-22-2013 08:31 PM
    I would definitely get one. I had one and it was a really neat device. It was clearly the best Android device I had ever had.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-22-2013 09:06 PM
    I would definitely get one. I had one and it was a really neat device. It was clearly the best Android device I had ever had.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Had? Why did you leave it?

05-22-2013 09:45 PM
    When people say the Note 2 has ungodly battery life they sure aren't kidding. This is the first smartphone I've ever had that can legitimately last near 2 full days on a single charge. And that's even with moderate usage! Way impressive.
    This. I am so amazed at the battery life on this phone. I don't have to worry about being near an outlet and carrying my charger all the time. I still keep a spare charger with me out of habit, but rarely do I need it. I feel like this is the first phone I will be keeping well past my upgrade time. I bought an Otterbox case to keep it safe. I'm super clumsy.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!! :-)
    05-23-2013 01:07 AM
    I would seriously consider the LG Optimus Pro. The only thing missing is the stylus which is compensated by the neat quick apps that provide "real" multitasking. The LG is sleeker, lighter, better built, one of the best camera's on the market and last but not least the software is miles ahead of Samsung. The lagginess and slowness is not seen on the LG.
    Ok so I have looked into the LG OPTIMUS G PRO, it does seem nice and specs are higher than the note...I'm not sure about lg though....I'm gonna go see it person

05-23-2013 07:16 AM
    Ok so I have looked into the LG OPTIMUS G PRO, it does seem nice and specs are higher than the note...I'm not sure about lg though....I'm gonna go see it person

I personally feel the Note 2 is way better than the G Pro. The specs are higher on the G Pro, but the OS skin, battery life, S Pen make the Note 2 better in my opinion.
    05-23-2013 08:00 AM
    I personally feel the Note 2 is way better than the G Pro. The specs are higher on the G Pro, but the OS skin, battery life, S Pen make the Note 2 better in my opinion.
    It really shouldn't be this hard to decide right ?

I've heard mixed reviews on the battery life, with the LG, but I've heard nothing but greatness of the battery life on the note.

I like the S-pen but wondering How often would I even use the S-pen...

I do like touch wiz though....

05-23-2013 08:31 AM
    It really shouldn't be this hard to decide right ?

I've heard mixed reviews on the battery life, with the LG, but I've heard nothing but greatness of the battery life on the note.

I like the S-pen but wondering How often would I even use the S-pen...

I do like touch wiz though....

Even if you don't use the S-Pen much, it's still the better option of the two. With a phablet you want stellar battery life. The Note 2 is almost iPad territory when it comes to battery life. It's mind blowing really. It's surprising considering the phone is quad-core and has a stunning display due to being AMOLED without a pentile matrix. If I were you, I would just pick up a Note. If you don't end up loving it, exchange it for the G Pro
    05-23-2013 09:51 AM
    the key feature of the Note 2 is that you have to be comfortable with the size. Most people who expressed displeasure with the phone notes the size as one of the top 3 reason. I highly recommend that you go to a store with a working demo and try it out. Hold and use the phone as you normally would with the S3. You should also ask them to unlock the display cord for you.

On the technical aspects, aside from the Spen and other minor features, to most users, you won't feel the Note 2 is a major upgrade.
    05-23-2013 09:58 AM
    the key feature of the Note 2 is that you have to be comfortable with the size. Most people who expressed displeasure with the phone notes the size as one of the top 3 reason. I highly recommend that you go to a store with a working demo and try it out. Hold and use the phone as you normally would with the S3. You should also ask them to unlock the display cord for you.

On the technical aspects, aside from the Spen and other minor features, to most users, you won't feel the Note 2 is a major upgrade.
    I was thinking the same as not feeling like a major upgrade, but there aren't many high end choices to choose from...
    I'm going to a store tomorrow...

05-23-2013 10:03 AM
    Even if you don't use the S-Pen much, it's still the better option of the two. With a phablet you want stellar battery life. The Note 2 is almost iPad territory when it comes to battery life. It's mind blowing really. It's surprising considering the phone is quad-core and has a stunning display due to being AMOLED without a pentile matrix. If I were you, I would just pick up a Note. If you don't end up loving it, exchange it for the G Pro
    And I was thinking the opposite, getting the LG and then exchanging it for the Note if I didn't like it. My first choice was the note though..

05-23-2013 10:05 AM
83 1234