06-02-2013 07:40 PM
83 1234
tools
    I rooted mine just to get rid of the VERIZON BLOAT and activate the unlimited tethering. (among other things)
    I just disabled the bloat for my T mobile Note 2. I don't need to tether anything at the moment so I have no need for it. I would do just incase I need it. But gonna wait it out for now. .
    Sorry to go of topic...
    05-23-2013 06:12 PM
    Had? Why did you leave it?

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 ~
    It just wasn't for me. I don't want to go into it and sound like a troll.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    05-23-2013 06:16 PM
    Imo the note 2 from s3 is quite a substantial upgrade you get alot more features and guaranteed updates as its quad core and if rumors are true you'll need a quad core device to run klp dont quote me on that tho I love my note 2 have since the day I got it not to mention screen size difference from s3 to n2 I lov the spen didn't think id use it near as much as I do ive had lg phones and didn't really appreciate the ui I love touchwiz have since my E4GT bottom line the n2 is hardass if you like Samsung and like updates get the n2

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-23-2013 07:54 PM
    I just disabled the bloat for my T mobile Note 2. I don't need to tether anything at the moment so I have no need for it. I would do just incase I need it. But gonna wait it out for now. .
    Sorry to go of topic...
    But it's still there. I COMPLETELY REMOVED mine.
    return_0 likes this.
    05-23-2013 08:24 PM
    I would seriously consider the LG Optimus Pro. The only thing missing is the stylus which is compensated by the neat quick apps that provide "real" multitasking. The LG is sleeker, lighter, better built, one of the best camera's on the market and last but not least the software is miles ahead of Samsung. The lagginess and slowness is not seen on the LG.

I went to look at the LG today, and the only issue i'm seeming to have is that it gives me options to write notes and things like the Note 2, BUT it doesn't give me a pen to do it with, it just feels weird to me, trying to take notes without a pen......Does anyone know if it works with other touch pens?????
    05-24-2013 01:26 PM
    I have the Galaxy S3, had it since launch date back in June of last year, Its recently started acting out....and i'm due for an upgrade......Looking into the Galaxy Note 2.....Don't really want the S4 as its too similar imo as the S3......

Anyone upgrade from the S3 to the Note 2 and didn't regret it????? All I hear are GOOD reports ever about this phone...
    NOTE II ALLLLLLL THE WAYYYYYYY.....

Galaxy Note II on Slim Bean ROM 4.2.2
    05-24-2013 01:51 PM
    I've been wrecking my brain far too long, I'm just going to go with my first choice, The NOTE 2, on the phone ordering now before i change my mind again lol and i've found some cute starter cases so far.....

thanks all for replies....
    slinkies likes this.
    05-24-2013 02:04 PM
    I've been wrecking my brain far too long, I'm just going to go with my first choice, The NOTE 2, on the phone ordering now before i change my mind again lol and i've found some cute starter cases so far.....

I would go with the OGP. It has better specs and from what I hear, it doesn't have the lag gives that others complain about with Touchwiz devices.

05-24-2013 02:18 PM
    I went to look at the LG today, and the only issue i'm seeming to have is that it gives me options to write notes and things like the Note 2, BUT it doesn't give me a pen to do it with, it just feels weird to me, trying to take notes without a pen......Does anyone know if it works with other touch pens?????
    Can't you take notes by typing on the keyboard instead? I'm not understanding why people want to handwrite notes.

05-24-2013 02:19 PM
    Can't you take notes by typing on the keyboard instead? I'm not understanding why people want to handwrite notes.

You won't understand cause you have an iPhone. The S-pen was included in the Note 2 for a reason.
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-24-2013 02:30 PM
    You won't understand cause you have an iPhone. The S-pen was included in the Note 2 for a reason.
    I had a Note 2.

05-24-2013 02:32 PM
    Probably for the same reason that we dont use voice type or something else.

I am using the keyboard right now on my galaxy s4, but prefer my s pen on my note 2.

I prefer it due to the accuracy of taking notes or writing a page full of text without having to go back over what was typed on a keyboard and correct typos because you miss a key by a hair of an inch. Swyping is not much better when a lot of words may not be in the dictionary until learned by the software.

This is the exact reason that I purchased a note 10. When I am in a meeting, I would rather be able to control what is input via my s pen than rely on a software keyboard. I would use a wacom digitizer on a desktop if I had one.

As for the question about using other pens, the s pen is made using wacom's technology as an active stylus. The s pen and other stylii that incorporate wacom's tech will work on the note 2, as the digitizer overlay on the note 2 is essentially their product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-2013 02:37 PM

Great choice. You will love it :-) the s-pen is awesome :-)

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!! :-)
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-24-2013 03:03 PM
    I moved from s3 to nexus 4 and finally to note 2. Very happy with note 2. NO Regrets..
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-25-2013 12:54 AM
    Really like the S-Pen for shopping lists. Can use S-Note to create them and tick off the stuff that I have bought... of course a shopping list app can be used just the same though, but for me I have purchased some cookbooks from kindle, so I can just grab a screenshot from there and copy it in the S Note app. Then I can just use the s-pen to scratch things off the list as I buy them. Without it, I would have to use an app to create a shopping list...
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-25-2013 09:47 AM
    Note 2 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-25-2013 06:51 PM
    I up graded from the S3 to the Note2 & no regrets.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-26-2013 07:31 PM
    When people say the Note 2 has ungodly battery life they sure aren't kidding. This is the first smartphone I've ever had that can legitimately last near 2 full days on a single charge. And that's even with moderate usage! Way impressive.
    As opposed to illegitimately lasting 2 days on a single charge? Also.... What moderate usage are you doing that you claim gets you this 2 days? Other than using the phone as a paper weight, I've never gotten past one day (and I mean work day, not 24 hours) with this device, nor heard of anyone else attaining 2 days with it. You sure about that claim?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    05-26-2013 08:47 PM
    I've never gotten past one day (and I mean work day, not 24 hours) with this device, nor heard of anyone else attaining 2 days with it. You sure about that claim?
    I don't see why not. I charge my phone nightly and most of the time it has not reached 50%. In some of the battery life threads are screenshots of people doing way better than that.
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-26-2013 09:40 PM
    As opposed to illegitimately lasting 2 days on a single charge? Also.... What moderate usage are you doing that you claim gets you this 2 days? Other than using the phone as a paper weight, I've never gotten past one day (and I mean work day, not 24 hours) with this device, nor heard of anyone else attaining 2 days with it. You sure about that claim?

Some web browsing, texting on and off all day, some email, Play Music streaming for an hour or so, taking some photos/videos, Instagram on and off all day. I think it's the lack of talking on the phone that gets me 2 days sometimes. I use wifi when available to improve battery, and have extremely solid LTE coverage where I live and work.
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-26-2013 09:47 PM
    As opposed to illegitimately lasting 2 days on a single charge? Also.... What moderate usage are you doing that you claim gets you this 2 days?
    I've gotten that much before, but only on light use, as in texting and phone use. I only get good battery results with Wi-Fi off and power saving mode on. However I'm normally a heavy user and don't get more than a day.
    LadiJae likes this.
    05-26-2013 10:57 PM
    I've gotten that much before, but only on light use, as in texting and phone use. I only get good battery results with Wi-Fi off and power saving mode on. However I'm normally a heavy user and don't get more than a day.
    I'm a heavy user as well, with no Wi-Fi at work, so as long as I can get through an entire work day I'll be good with that. My s3 doesn't make it to noon before I have to charge it, or change batteries.

~Jae, using tapatalk 4 beta~
    05-26-2013 11:01 PM
    Some web browsing, texting on and off all day, some email, Play Music streaming for an hour or so, taking some photos/videos, Instagram on and off all day. I think it's the lack of talking on the phone that gets me 2 days sometimes. I use wifi when available to improve battery, and have extremely solid LTE coverage where I live and work.
    Got it. The wifi helps huge. Also, not taking calls is another big one. Still can't believe you wrestle two days out of this thing! Amazing

05-27-2013 11:58 PM
    I never am around wifi and I usually only browse the Web and text. My phone is ready for a charge in only a few hours. I don't let it get past 20%, and that happens quickly. Within hours or a half a day.

05-28-2013 12:02 AM
    MY NOTE 2 JUST ARRIVED! JUST SIGNED FOR IT! seems like it took forever to get here

~Jae, using tapatalk 4 beta~
    JenTDOT likes this.
    05-30-2013 11:19 AM
83 1234