How to delete an image on gallery root?

manpreet_25

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I just got new phone one month old. I am facing a problem.
when i open my gallery it shows all the album along with that it shows an single image. I want to delete that image but unfortunately i am not able to delete it shows only share button nothing else. I think that image comes from my gmail. but not all other images are there. only single image without album. Please, help how i can delete it?

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
There are two solutions that I can think of, but both require you to install a file manager. Try ES Explorer or Root Explorer.
Step :
1. Install a file browser
2. Go to your gallery and open the image for viewing.
3. Press the menu and select details
//The dialog box that will open will show the path of the file.
4. Navigate to the file location.
//Here is where the two different
// steps come into play.
You can either delete the file or add a file in the path called ".nomedia" exactly as written without the quotes.

If the image you are seeing is a result of Gmail you might want to go with the latter step, this will hide all future image in that directory.

manpreet_25

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi nlitenme

there is an image in my gallery root. which i am not able to delete that image is sync from gmail. my client send me that image in last year december. but i don't know how it appears in my gallery none other image is appearing only that single image.

manpreet_25

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi _X_

I have tried using ES explorer. It shows only me DCIM that is images shooted by my camera. The image is in gallery root. Like we click on gallery there are albums like Camera, Image etc. But there is only a single image without any album. in detail it dont show any path it display only Title, Time Size, Orientation moreover it is seems like it is corrupted now. There is small picasa icon on it. i just want to remove it from gallery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781