need help, use to iphone!

kacirener

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just got my note2 after years of an iphone and have some questions. 1st: I have videos sent to my email of my children playing while im at work, I download them from my phone & they are saved in "downloads" when I go to open them it says the file can't be opened. Am I doing something wrong? 2nd: I usually keep my phone on silent or vibrate but when I'm talking on the phone and receive a text message the tone goes off in my ear...I have to tell the person to hold on and open the message in order for it to shut up. It's there any way I can turn that off??
Last thing: I will have FULL service, all my bars lit up and "4g" but if those little orange lines over the 4g aren't there my phone doesn't seem to work. ..no text, calls, nor internet. Then I have to restart my phone in order for the orange lines over the 4g symbol to appear in order to be able to do anything. I'm tired of restarting my phone. Any tips? ? :-\

kacirener

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: need help, used to iphone!

Im not sure what type of file it is. They are sent from my boyfriends iphone. He takes the video then just eamils them to me straight from his iphone.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got my note2 after years of an iphone and have some questions. 1st: I have videos sent to my email of my children playing while im at work, I download them from my phone & they are saved in "downloads" when I go to open them it says the file can't be opened. Am I doing something wrong? 2nd: I usually keep my phone on silent or vibrate but when I'm talking on the phone and receive a text message the tone goes off in my ear...I have to tell the person to hold on and open the message in order for it to shut up. It's there any way I can turn that off??
Last thing: I will have FULL service, all my bars lit up and "4g" but if those little orange lines over the 4g aren't there my phone doesn't seem to work. ..no text, calls, nor internet. Then I have to restart my phone in order for the orange lines over the 4g symbol to appear in order to be able to do anything. I'm tired of restarting my phone. Any tips? ? :-\

For the message issue, do you use the stock messaging app?

I use chomp sms for my messages, and they give you the option to have the notification come on during a call...

5a9ereje.jpg

You can shut the notifications on the stock messaging app off...

And you're referring to the arrows? You shouldn't have to restart your phone... however, best practice is restart an android device at least once daily

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

kacirener

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I got the msg to stop making noise during a call, thank you! Im not sure what arrows your talking about. I tried putting a screen shot of what im talking about on here to show you but I dont know how. Lol. Ive Google it though and seems like alot of other people are having problems with their data usage dropping as well

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, having come from using iPhone's the last four years, and gone through four generations of iPhone, if a message came through while in call, it always irritatingly rang in my ear disrupting the call.

I'm not sure if this is a network related limitation issue however. If it's not then it's an issue not just limited to the Note 2.

iPhone videos are in MOV format if memory serves. You'll need to download something like VLC Player to view them, I doubt the stock video player plays MOV.

Sent from my GT-N7105

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I believe .mov file is correct. Download mxplayer the free version in the playstore. It can play basically every file type known to man. When you try to play the video in an email a box will pop up asking how you should play those videos, highlight mxplayer and check always.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

GarfieldDC

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes.. MX Player or VLC are the best options.. I prefer using VLC. I ditched my iPhone last year and moved to the Note II. I transferred over all my family videos created with my iPhone and VLC plays them all with no issues.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I use the tapatalk app so I'm unsure, but I know there should be an option to attach a photo to the post somewhere..

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
To do a screen shot go into setting and make sure option motion is on for palmswipe to capture. You can leave this on when you are done. Anway just move the edge of your hand from right to left rubbing the screen as you go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Or hold the home and power buttons. Or use the s pen hold the button and hold on the screen for two seconds - click the check in top right for this way

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Those little orange and green arrows are the data transfer signal. They should not affect your incoming or outgoing calls, texts, emails or anything. They just mean that data is coming and going to and from your phone. Kind of like those blinking pc screens in windows when you're connected to wifi or a network. Or an orange or green led on a laptop that tells you your hard drive is processing something.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

zolgi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Those little orange and green arrows are the data transfer signal. They should not affect your incoming or outgoing calls, texts, emails or anything. They just mean that data is coming and going to and from your phone. Kind of like those blinking pc screens in windows when you're connected to wifi or a network. Or an orange or green led on a laptop that tells you your hard drive is processing something.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

And If i remember right, 4g is only for data.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Correct. Voice is transmitted over 1x, or what is shown by the signal strength. Signal strength has nothing to do with the data on the phone.

Also, I've noticed, if you're borderline in a 4g area, the data will stop working until it figures out what it wants to do - stay 4g or go to 3g.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I believewhat she is talking about is the orange icon that displays above the 4g icon which look like 3 curved lines. This represents data leaving then comingback. It is basically the same as the up down arrows this is just how att chooses to represent it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There's an option to switch to 3g with this phone?

You can dial *#*#4636#*#* and change LTE/GSM/WCDMA to GSM only or CDMA only (there are other options as well) -- depends on what carrier you're on. It doesn't work on AT&T stock, though -- no matter what you select, it always goes back to LTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante