05-30-2013 10:52 PM
31 12
tools
    Isn't technical the only thing that really counts? It was claimed that: "Voltage is the amount of power going through a wire or device, current." That is false. Voltage is not the "amount of power" through a wire. Nor is it the current. As I stated: "Voltage is an electrical energy difference, or tension. Current is voltage divided by resistance. Power is voltage times current. or Power is electrical charge times voltage divided by time, measured as Amps per hour or milli Amps per hour - mAh." (Again: see Wikipedia voltage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage; Wikipedia Ohm's law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm%27s_law; Wikipedia Electric power: Electric power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Voltage is an amout of pressure or push it takes to get electricity from one terminal to another. Yes potential difference. If theres not enough voltage the device will not power on. To much and it can harm the devices components.

I do correct myself, voltage and current are not the same thing. Current is associated with amperage. mAh is the flow rate of electricity for one hour at the given rating. A battery can be larger that the rated mAh number.

On a device the mAh rating is the minimum rating that the phone uses to turn on.

Its like a car battery. You can hook a small 12volt battery to it but it doesnt have the amperage to start it since its a smaller battery and the start requires more amperage. But you can always put a larger amp battery in it as long as the voltage is the same.

So instead of quoting Wikipedia for information, why don't you try and answer the topics question instead if trying to prove ppl wrong. I tried to answer it and I have to recheck some of my information.

From what ever phone I feel like using today.
    05-28-2013 08:47 PM
    Lots of misinformation here. Please allow this thread to die quietly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-30-2013 09:35 AM
    Lots of misinformation here. Please allow this thread to die quietly
    The useful thing would be point out the misinformation in the process of pointing out truthful information and or a fruitful framework for analysis. That is what Spock would do.
    05-30-2013 10:57 AM
    Just got mines today and it does say 1300 mA , AT&T

~Jae, using tapatalk 4 beta~
    05-30-2013 11:59 AM
    Voltage is an amout of pressure or push it takes to get electricity from one terminal to another. Yes potential difference. If theres not enough voltage the device will not power on. To much and it can harm the devices components.

I do correct myself, voltage and current are not the same thing. Current is associated with amperage. mAh is the flow rate of electricity for one hour at the given rating. A battery can be larger that the rated mAh number.

On a device the mAh rating is the minimum rating that the phone uses to turn on.

Its like a car battery. You can hook a small 12volt battery to it but it doesnt have the amperage to start it since its a smaller battery and the start requires more amperage. But you can always put a larger amp battery in it as long as the voltage is the same.

So instead of quoting Wikipedia for information, why don't you try and answer the topics question instead if trying to prove ppl wrong. I tried to answer it and I have to recheck some of my information.

From what ever phone I feel like using today.
    Good to see that you corrected yourself. I like and agree with your description that voltage is pressure. I would add it can be a negative or positive pressure. It can be a push or a pull. And for what I said I'll clarify myself to say although voltage is not purely power or current both power and current do have voltage. It's just that voltage is not precisely equal to power and current.

As far as quoting Wikipedia, the original thread topic about whether or not people were seeing 1300 mAh under their battery generated a sub-thread about what is voltage and current about which you yourself had something to say. Right? I corrected an error in your definition of voltage and used Wikipedia to support my point. What is there to object to about that? Hope you're enjoying your Note 2.
    05-30-2013 10:32 PM
    I found the pages interesting and more or less accurate, especially for a kid's view of electricity. However the description in Kids Corner that AC is electric current that reverses direction many times per second can be misleading. I was told this in my youth and thought that the current actually alternated between going in the backward and forward directions in the wire. In reality the voltage of the current at any one point on the wire shifts between being positive and negative. The current goes from say +50 volts and then down through all values to 0 and then continues down through all values to -50 volts. Then the voltage of the current does the same thing back up to +50 volts and then back to -50 volts and so on in a continuous cycle many times per second.
    05-30-2013 10:52 PM
31 12