05-30-2013 10:52 PM
31 12
tools
    The sticker under the battery (stuck to the compartment for the battery) states 1300mah...

Very sloppy Samsung!
    05-24-2013 06:28 AM
    So, like a fool I took my battery out, expecting to say "mine doesn't" and have Sejgiul say, "made you look", but guess what, so does mine. 1300mah. sloppy sloppy!
    05-24-2013 08:36 AM
    something lost in translation i guess.
    05-24-2013 09:11 AM
    So, like a fool I took my battery out, expecting to say "mine doesn't" and have Sejgiul say, "made you look", but guess what, so does mine. 1300mah. sloppy sloppy!
    Someone probably transposed the 1 and the 3 because it's actually 3100mah.
    05-24-2013 09:18 AM
    Next time, it might be a "made you look" just for you lol. Your comment made me chuckle

05-24-2013 10:05 AM
    Next time, it might be a "made you look" just for you lol. Your comment made me chuckle
    I and I will likely go look!
    05-24-2013 10:32 AM
    A bit unrelated to the topic, but those blue stickers on the SD card and sim card slot, are we supposed to remove them?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    05-24-2013 10:51 AM
    better check to make sure you don't have a ebay knockoff!
    05-24-2013 12:23 PM
    Thats probably what input the phone needs to operate not the size of the battery.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums
    05-24-2013 02:07 PM
    No, I believe they are put there while in the manufacturing phase. Probably to protect the mechanisms from loose particulates and such.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-2013 02:23 PM
    better check to make sure you don't have a ebay knockoff!
    Agree. Mine says: 3100 mAh

The battery also has: VZW : SAMI605BATS

Could be that some battery batches are messed up on the labeling.

Ampere-hour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    05-24-2013 07:09 PM
    Mine says 1300mAH too. LTE international model.

Sent from my GT-N7105
    05-25-2013 01:22 AM
    I just checked my note 2 and gs3 that number dictates how much power is needed to run the phone. How much amperage the phone uses. It doesnt mean anything about the battery.

05-25-2013 08:02 AM
    I just checked my note 2 and gs3 that number dictates how much power is needed to run the phone. How much amperage the phone uses. It doesnt mean anything about the battery.

Not really... Lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    05-25-2013 10:08 AM

Power and capacity are two different things entirely.
    A device doesn't really give a hoot about mAh as that is merely a measurement of electric charge, hence we can chuck a battery of any capacity in. What the device does care about is voltage and current. As long as the battery can supply the correct voltage and current, which is kind of defined by the device itself - as in, it'll draw what it needs, then there really is no need for a minimum or maximum mAh. All that determines is how long your battery is going to last.

I suppose it could be a recommended minimum but more likely an error in manufacturing.

Sent from my GT-N7105
    05-25-2013 04:31 PM
    Power and capacity are two different things entirely.
    A device doesn't really give a hoot about mAh as that is merely a measurement of electric charge, hence we can chuck a battery of any capacity in. What the device does care about is voltage and current. As long as the battery can supply the correct voltage and current, which is kind of defined by the device itself - as in, it'll draw what it needs, then there really is no need for a minimum or maximum mAh. All that determines is how long your battery is going to last.

I suppose it could be a recommended minimum but more likely an error in manufacturing.

Sent from my GT-N7105
    No any electrical device has a rating of power to run on, stay running, to keep its capacitors charged. Its 3.4v at a minimum of something amperage. The device needs a 3.4 volt battery. The amperage of a battery can be more but the voltage needs to be the required voltage. Amperage is the amount of electricity going through a wire or device. Voltage is the amount of power going through a wire or device, current.

Amperage of a battery mah (milli amps per hour) is the discharge rate of a battery, hence the flow of electricity. The higher the mah number does mean a larger battery but it does not mean it has more output. If the voltage is higher it means the battery has more output.

05-25-2013 05:00 PM
    No any electrical device has a rating of power to run on, stay running, to keep its capacitors charged. Its 3.4v at a minimum of something amperage. The device needs a 3.4 volt battery. The amperage of a battery can be more but the voltage needs to be the required voltage. Amperage is the amount of electricity going through a wire or device. Voltage is the amount of power going through a wire or device, current.

Amperage of a battery mah (milli amps per hour) is the discharge rate of a battery, hence the flow of electricity. The higher the mah number does mean a larger battery but it does not mean it has more output. If the voltage is higher it means the battery has more output.

Erm yeah that is pretty much what I said. It's voltage and current which the device really cares about.

mAh can be summed up simply by saying it's a measurement of how much energy the battery can hold and how long the device will run for before recharge. Basically, it's a measurement for batteries.

I suppose I didn't make my self perfectly clear, but what I was getting at is that it's unusual to see mAh in a device rating. Usually you see voltage and current ratings which the device requires to operate, not discharge rates or capacity values.

Sent from my GT-N7105
    05-26-2013 12:34 AM
    Erm yeah that is pretty much what I said. It's voltage and current which the device really cares about.

mAh can be summed up simply by saying it's a measurement of how much energy the battery can hold and how long the device will run for before recharge. Basically, it's a measurement for batteries.

I suppose I didn't make my self perfectly clear, but what I was getting at is that it's unusual to see mAh in a device rating. Usually you see voltage and current ratings which the device requires to operate, not discharge rates or capacity values.

Sent from my GT-N7105
    No u made urself clear. U stated that the what was on the back of the phones did not dictate the size and capacity of the battery. I didnt not state that either. I said thats the running voltage and amperage. I should have made it more clear and state that does not dictate the size of a battery, only the minimum size of a battery.

05-26-2013 07:17 AM
    Voltage is the amount of power going through a wire or device, current.
    Voltage is an electrical energy difference, or tension. Current is voltage divided by resistance. Power is voltage times current. or Power is electrical charge times voltage divided by time, measured as Amps per hour or milli Amps per hour - mAh..

(see Wikipedia voltage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage; Wikipedia Ohm's law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm%27s_law; Wikipedia Electric power: Electric power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    retsaw likes this.
    05-26-2013 05:56 PM
    I have the Verizon gn2 and there is no number with mAh at the end of it on the label under the battery.
    05-26-2013 06:37 PM
    Voltage is an electrical energy difference, or tension. Current is voltage divided by resistance. Power is voltage times current. or Power is electrical charge times voltage divided by time, measured as Amps per hour or milli Amps per hour - mAh..

(see Wikipedia voltage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage; Wikipedia Ohm's law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm%27s_law; Wikipedia Electric power: Electric power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Yes to get technical.

05-26-2013 07:31 PM
    I have the Verizon gn2 and it has no number whatsoever on the label under the battery. At least nothing with mAh on the end of it.
    I just had to look, and mine doesn't either. FCC number, EIN, and all that, but nothing related to the battery.
    05-27-2013 12:44 AM
    I just checked both of mine and they said 3100.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    05-27-2013 06:29 AM
    Yes to get technical.
    Isn't technical the only thing that really counts? It was claimed that: "Voltage is the amount of power going through a wire or device, current." That is false. Voltage is not the "amount of power" through a wire. Nor is it the current. As I stated: "Voltage is an electrical energy difference, or tension. Current is voltage divided by resistance. Power is voltage times current. or Power is electrical charge times voltage divided by time, measured as Amps per hour or milli Amps per hour - mAh." (Again: see Wikipedia voltage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage; Wikipedia Ohm's law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm%27s_law; Wikipedia Electric power: Electric power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    05-28-2013 05:11 PM
    05-28-2013 08:31 PM
31 12