Someone sent me the contact info for a client from their phone's address book. It was emailed to me as a vCard attachment. When trying to add the contact, it would fail to load.
    Does the Note 2 not support vCards, or is there something I'm doing wrong to import it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-2013 07:13 AM
    Well i didnt have any problems...i imported vCard from my gmail and works perfect...i dont know what aabout reciving one over sms.

Galaxy Note II on Slim Bean ROM 4.2.2
    05-24-2013 01:54 PM
    I imported almost all of my contacts from work via vcard which I sent to my phone as an email attachment. On open I selected the contacts app.

Try another contact? Maybe there is something funky in that vcard blocking your import?
    05-26-2013 06:54 AM
    I imported almost all of my contacts from work via vcard which I sent to my phone as an email attachment. On open I selected the contacts app.

Try another contact? Maybe there is something funky in that vcard blocking your import?
    I tried sending a vCard contact from my iPad, and it worked. Guess something was wrong with the vCard of the person that tried sending it to me from their phone.

05-26-2013 11:14 AM
    Someone sent me the contact info for a client from their phone's address book. It was emailed to me as a vCard attachment. When trying to add the contact, it would fail to load.
    Does the Note 2 not support vCards, or is there something I'm doing wrong to import it?

I need to know if when sent via a sms to me can I open and call number with minimum options.
    IOW, the only time I have to deal with these vCard are from customers who are sending me a tenant or referral I need to call to schedule a job. That's it,, no more no less.
    When i open these vCards I see number but can't tap to call it, and I don't want to have to import it and get my contacts polluted with only names and numbers I'll forget and don't need to remember.
    I tried multi window on my s4 but phone is an app you can't multi screen with.
    My work around is - screen shot to gallery,, multi window with gallery and text app, then take num from screen shot and text back to me.
    That is when I have no pen paper around.
    To many drugs have burned out my brain that is why I can't remember more than 4 numbers in a row. Which is why I'm a plumber and....but I digress. Smile
    Thanks for all the useful posts in here. I'm quite the lurker.
    05-26-2013 02:29 PM
    I need to know if when sent via a sms to me can I open and call number with minimum options.
    IOW, the only time I have to deal with these vCard are from customers who are sending me a tenant or referral I need to call to schedule a job. That's it,, no more no less.
    When i open these vCards I see number but can't tap to call it, and I don't want to have to import it and get my contacts polluted with only names and numbers I'll forget and don't need to remember.
    I tried multi window on my s4 but phone is an app you can't multi screen with.
    My work around is - screen shot to gallery,, multi window with gallery and text app, then take num from screen shot and text back to me.
    That is when I have no pen paper around.
    To many drugs have burned out my brain that is why I can't remember more than 4 numbers in a row. Which is why I'm a plumber and....but I digress. Smile
    Thanks for all the useful posts in here. I'm quite the lurker.
    Dude you have been smelling to many sewers to long,,,
    Just import, go to contacts, tap to call, delete when done, like brooks said in shawshank redemption, easy peesy nice and easy.
    Does any one have an easier way to tell this stupid old timer plumber, geeeze.
    05-26-2013 02:57 PM