06-03-2013 06:20 AM
52 123
tools
    How do you like that. I rooted something without even knowing what "rooted" means.

Now I have to look up what ROM means.
    05-26-2013 01:05 AM
    Got my Note II in November & has been trouble free so far.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums
    05-26-2013 07:23 PM
    The problem isn't the device, it's the warranty replacements. There will always be a few bad devices and you happened to get one the first time. And so did at least two other people, or they damaged their devices. And you got THEIR returned phones as your replacements, most likely. Verizon and Assurion are particularly notorious for this, but I'm sure it happens on other carriers. They send out broken phones hoping that by some miracle the next person to receive it won't have the same problem as the first. Either that or there is absolutely NO quality control on the returns. Whatever the case, their return and warranty replacement system is seriously screwed up. That's why people will get three, four, five or more devices with problems while 99% of people get a perfect device the first time and never have any trouble. If they send you another clunker you need to demand a brand new replacement device. That's just ridiculous that anyone should pay so much money for something and then get someone elses problems as replacements.
    05-27-2013 01:20 AM
    All you have to do is skim through the forum here and you'll see overwhelmingly positive feedback

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-27-2013 07:59 AM
    All you have to do is skim through the forum here and you'll see overwhelmingly positive feedback

Thats with most phones in general. Alot of the time ppl dont report warranty issues or hardware issues. I was seeing just as a general consensus if ppl had any issues whats so ever. The majority doesnt have issues but some ppl still do.

If i usually have an issue with my phone i come here and look to see if others are having the same problem or not. I think its just me. Lol.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums
    05-27-2013 10:59 AM
    I have had mine since launch day and haven't had any problems.
    05-27-2013 12:55 PM
    Ive had mine for 3 weeks, and so far haven't had any problems. I love mine :-)

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE
    05-27-2013 01:43 PM
    Thats with most phones in general. Alot of the time ppl dont report warranty issues or hardware issues. I was seeing just as a general consensus if ppl had any issues whats so ever. The majority doesnt have issues but some ppl still do.

If i usually have an issue with my phone i come here and look to see if others are having the same problem or not. I think its just me. Lol.

I'm just saying there's a few threads already along this same line with a lot of positive feedback. My old stomping ground was the evo 4g lte forum and that one didn't have nearly the same positive feedback.

05-27-2013 02:37 PM
    Wow, that really stinks. The only issue I've had was with the screen rotation bug. Other than that, everything has been perfect. Good luck!
    05-28-2013 01:31 PM
    Well I got my latest warranty replacement and it seems to be working fine. So well see what happens in the next few days.

From what ever phone I feel like using today.
    05-28-2013 01:59 PM
    Well I got my latest warranty replacement and it seems to be working fine. So well see what happens in the next few days.

From what ever phone I feel like using today.
    I change my statement. My phone still has the WiFi issue. I'm jumping through hoops to get it replaced. This phone is so problem prone and has a very laggy UI. I don't know how ppl can deal with the UI. I've had 4 different note 2s and I've used other ppls and used the ones in the store and they all have a very slow UI the last update helped with it but it's still slow imo. Im going to try and get a different make and model replacement.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    05-30-2013 02:04 PM
    I change my statement. My phone still has the WiFi issue. I'm jumping through hoops to get it replaced. This phone is so problem prone and has a very laggy UI. I don't know how ppl can deal with the UI. I've had 4 different note 2s and I've used other ppls and used the ones in the store and they all have a very slow UI the last update helped with it but it's still slow imo. Im going to try and get a different make and model replacement.

No offense, but you must have a very different definition of lag than most people.
    05-30-2013 03:22 PM

Have you tried disabling the animations in the developer settings? These phones are very feature packed, so a little lag is to be expected, but adding touchwiz's animations can make it almost painful.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    05-30-2013 03:25 PM
    Mines randomly crash like once a week. I don't know if its normal or is because of go launcher.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
    05-30-2013 03:41 PM

I have had no issues with either of my note 2's (except the fact I murdered the screen on the first one)

And as for lag... debloat it, turn animations off. I have ZERO issues with lag. And I'm using stock TW launcher on a stock deodexed rom.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far, far away
    05-30-2013 04:36 PM
    No offense, but you must have a very different definition of lag than most people.
    There is a second or more delay from when you press the unlock button to the screen turning on, the s3 wasn't a problem. Bringing up the gallery without a lot of pictures or videos was slow. Unlocking to the web or messaging app was slow. Pretty much every other phone I had didn't have any issues. It didn't matter if it was fresh from a master reset of not. My s3 was better but slower compared to other android phones.

I was fine with how the s3 was. It was a bit laggy but not a problem. The lgog and HTC one are the fastest phones I've used with the UI.

05-30-2013 05:16 PM
    Have you tried disabling the animations in the developer settings? These phones are very feature packed, so a little lag is to be expected, but adding touchwiz's animations can make it almost painful.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    Yea I have tried that but it didn't make my h of a different. Something's were quicker but opening apps and unlocking the phone was still slow.

I've even disables some att bloatware and it didn't make a difference. I just think that's how touch wise is. My phone sat around 500-600 mb of ram usage.

05-30-2013 05:19 PM
    What baseband were you running?

05-31-2013 05:26 PM
    What baseband were you running?

I dont have the phone with me right now but is something like i317ucamc3. Att said it was the latest one.
    05-31-2013 06:05 PM
    Ill try to post some youtube links showing what its doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    05-31-2013 06:06 PM
    I love my note 2 and have had 0 issues with it other than the fact nobody but otterbox makes a holster case for it lol
    Holster case? Like a case the phone goes into which then can clip on to a belt clip type holster? If so, pt platinum from best buy has one. Its just like the seidio surface with metal kickstand, except this one also comes with a belt holster. I think its like $30

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-2013 06:18 PM
    I dont have the phone with me right now but is something like i317ucamc3. Att said it was the latest one.
    That is the most recent baseband update atleast from att.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-2013 06:18 PM

I am curious to what your definition of lag is? Not being a jerk just asking.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-02-2013 05:48 PM
    That's extremely unfortunate that you're having these issues. I had a small issue with my note 2 when I first first got it. A small issue with the s pen. Ironically enough.. It went away on its own. But i hope these different issues haven't ruined your experience with the note 2..because it's an excellent phone. The best device I've had thus far.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-02-2013 08:05 PM
    I am curious to what your definition of lag is? Not being a jerk just asking.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I know, i was just stating what i think of lag.

06-02-2013 11:55 PM
52 123