How many ppl had bad luck with the note 2.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
My new one note 2 out of the box the wifi stopped working, warranty replacement was dead on arrival, and another warranty replacement the ear piece speaker did not work. Now im getting another one sent to me. We'll see what happens with this one.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry you've had that many problems! My husband is still on is original Note 2, and loves it. It's an awesome phone, just too big for me. I love the S Pen, though.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
My new one note 2 out of the box the wifi stopped working, warranty replacement was dead on arrival, and another warranty replacement the ear piece speaker did not work. Now im getting another one sent to me. We'll see what happens with this one.

Mines original from November, my husbands is original, I talked my sister into one and also my Mom....asided from deserving commission form Samsung :), every one of ours is 100% problem free!

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I love my note 2 and have had 0 issues with it other than the fact nobody but otterbox makes a holster case for it lol

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Any chance your note 2's were on att? If so, att installs an app that makes wifi turn on and off seemingly randomly. I thought my wifi was broke as well but it was a setting inside att smartwifi that needs to be turned of.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Any chance your note 2's were on att? If so, att installs an app that makes wifi turn on and off seemingly randomly. I thought my wifi was broke as well but it was a setting inside att smartwifi that needs to be turned of.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

It is from att but thats not the issue tho. Wifi will work fine for a few minutes then come to a crawling speed slower than dial up. Toggle wifi and itll be back up to normal and then repeat a few minutes later. My latest phone did not have the wifi issue but the ear piece speak did not make a sound.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
OG N2 here. Not a single problem other than lte sucks the life out of my battery. But it's oh so fast! $20 for some spare batteries and a charger fixed that problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue at first. I disabled wps in the router and it worked. Keep your wpa setup, just doable wps.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue at first. I disabled wps in the router and it worked. Keep your wpa setup, just doable wps.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

It wouldnt matter what i did with the router settings. It wouldnt matter what router it was either, or place i was at. Its weird because two out of three phones had the issue so it makes me think its a hardware issue like a bad wifi radio.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
This is my second note 2 because wifi was messed up. Actually it still is. It gets very slow wifi speeds when first walking into a wifi spot. I have to toggle wifi all the time.

The crap we put up with for Android...

Maybe the next thread should be, 'why are you waiting for the next update of____"

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
This is my second note 2 because wifi was messed up. Actually it still is. It gets very slow wifi speeds when first walking into a wifi spot. I have to toggle wifi all the time.

The crap we put up with for Android...

Maybe the next thread should be, 'why are you waiting for the next update of____"

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

True. I guess its a hit or miss with phones. There will always be bad ones out there.

vdroide

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I don?t have one, but one of my best friends does, and I have heard 0 complaints. In fact, she can?t stop talking about how much she likes it. LOL

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Went through about 5 or 6 evos and then got the note 2. No problems, great phone

Posted via Android Central App with Note 2

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

TutorPros1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Jennifer,

I have the galaxy note 2, and have been happy with it until I updated a Samsung device update 2 days ago.

It changed the configuration of the icons on my home screen, but that's not my problem....When I use the Google search widget that looks like a Google search box on the top of my home screen, before it takes me to an input page (with the keyboard at the bottom), it takes me through Google Now 5 pages of "continue" or "try now" before I see the input page.

Then, the background of the input page is off-white instead of clear (black). I don't mind that so much (though I would like to change it back to clear), but the searches themselves take forever (if I don't get a different looking "retry" message).

Please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech