How many ppl had bad luck with the note 2.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
No offense, but you must have a very different definition of lag than most people.

There is a second or more delay from when you press the unlock button to the screen turning on, the s3 wasn't a problem. Bringing up the gallery without a lot of pictures or videos was slow. Unlocking to the web or messaging app was slow. Pretty much every other phone I had didn't have any issues. It didn't matter if it was fresh from a master reset of not. My s3 was better but slower compared to other android phones.

I was fine with how the s3 was. It was a bit laggy but not a problem. The lgog and HTC one are the fastest phones I've used with the UI.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried disabling the animations in the developer settings? These phones are very feature packed, so a little lag is to be expected, but adding touchwiz's animations can make it almost painful.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Yea I have tried that but it didn't make my h of a different. Something's were quicker but opening apps and unlocking the phone was still slow.

I've even disables some att bloatware and it didn't make a difference. I just think that's how touch wise is. My phone sat around 500-600 mb of ram usage.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I love my note 2 and have had 0 issues with it other than the fact nobody but otterbox makes a holster case for it lol

Holster case? Like a case the phone goes into which then can clip on to a belt clip type holster? If so, pt platinum from best buy has one. Its just like the seidio surface with metal kickstand, except this one also comes with a belt holster. I think its like $30

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ncvikingx97

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I change my statement. My phone still has the WiFi issue. I'm jumping through hoops to get it replaced. This phone is so problem prone and has a very laggy UI. I don't know how ppl can deal with the UI. I've had 4 different note 2s and I've used other ppls and used the ones in the store and they all have a very slow UI the last update helped with it but it's still slow imo. Im going to try and get a different make and model replacement.

I am curious to what your definition of lag is? Not being a jerk just asking.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
That's extremely unfortunate that you're having these issues. I had a small issue with my note 2 when I first first got it. A small issue with the s pen. Ironically enough.. It went away on its own. But i hope these different issues haven't ruined your experience with the note 2..because it's an excellent phone. The best device I've had thus far.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

zef05

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the philippines, and my note 2 is from Globe Telecom. They have this stupid 7 day replacement scheme. I don't use the vibrate option onthe phone, but I want it for games. I noticed that vibrations does not work. And I was on my 10th day when I found out coz that was the day I downloaded need for speed most wanted. I hate my carrier. But I love the phone.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

ncvikingx97

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I know, i was just stating what i think of lag.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

Didn't see you already answered the question, my bad lol. Anyways, mine doesn't really lag, it just stutters a little bit in some areas stock is completely smooth. Other than that I actually like the touch wiz look and feel, just wish it was a little smoother. I don't like to turn off all animations, but I do turn off some transitions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith