S4 to Note 2?

JenTDOT

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just got an S4 a few days ago, and I really like the experience of my first Android. But I am very curious about the Note 2. The thought of having a really long lasting battery intrigues me, and so does having the larger screen. I thought the S4 was really large coming from iPhone, but now I think, hmm, how easy would reading be on the Note 2? Am mostly interested in email, texting and surfing. I am a web designer so
The large screen for testing would be nice. I like the things the S4 does but I don't know if I need the advanced features.

I am a bit worried about the size as I am a smaller female who would put an Otterbox case on the phone.

Also, the phone needs to last me three years as I am on a contract with myS4 and within the 14 day return policy if I decide to take it back.

All feedback appreciated :)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well my best friend owns the note 2 and he's in love with it. He's also 6'4 350lbs lol

For me it was a bit too big but really that was my only complaint what so ever.

Good luck deciding :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I am a tad biased as I am a first-time Note 2 owner. I think it is a great choice, you won't get some of those cool apps that are currently on your s4 with the Note (at least not yet) and soon there will be a Note3. If you don't mind all that I say join us+

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
With as long as the Note 2 been out I would stick with the GS4. You could always get the bigger batteries for that device too. But the Note 2 is a great device. I would get the Note 3 as long as it's not too much bigger than the 2 when that comes towards the end of the year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just got an S4 a few days ago, and I really like the experience of my first Android. But I am very curious about the Note 2. The thought of having a really long lasting battery intrigues me, and so does having the larger screen. I thought the S4 was really large coming from iPhone, but now I think, hmm, how easy would reading be on the Note 2? Am mostly interested in email, texting and surfing. I am a web designer so
The large screen for testing would be nice. I like the things the S4 does but I don't know if I need the advanced features.

I am a bit worried about the size as I am a smaller female who would put an Otterbox case on the phone.

Also, the phone needs to last me three years as I am on a contract with myS4 and within the 14 day return policy if I decide to take it back.

You could use the S Pen to take notes for yourself while reviewing your web pages (write notes on the actual pages), create mockup designs with S Note...probably many other options and cool things that may not be possible with the S4.

I use the Otterbox Commuter case, which in my view provides a good balance between size and protection. Suggest going to a store and trying out a few of the protective cases to see which may fit your style, color preference, and protective needs.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The larger screen and S-pen features would probably do you a great deal with your business.

As far as battery life you could always get an extended battery for either.

I by passed the S4 and ordered the Note 2 on Friday. And the Note will be updated with some of those new features eventually

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 ~

JenTDOT

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Jae I have been watching your thread with interest as I know you have been deciding between phones as well. You guys make some good points....what were your reasons for bypassing the S4, Jae? Larger screen?

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you go to your local phone store with the S4 in hand and try out the Note 2 side by side with it. Remember that many of the new features on the S4 will be coming to the Note 2. The biggest differences besides the screen are the battery and S pen. If your S4 is the 16 gig version, you'll probably gain a few gigs of memory with the Note 2.

There's no way to really know until you try it.

As for the otterbox case - check out the Seidio Active or the Case-Mate Tough cases. Less bulk and still excellent protection.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Jae I have been watching your thread with interest as I know you have been deciding between phones as well. You guys make some good points....what were your reasons for bypassing the S4, Jae? Larger screen?

Well I have a S3 so going to an S4 for me would not feel like much of an upgrade, its the same to phone to me, with new features......

The Note 2 is larger, i like the screen size, and I like the s-pen functionality and the larger battery............the battery on my S3 is horrible!!!

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I sell phones... I've had the opportunity to fool around with both the s4 and the note 2. I currently own the note 2.i think many of the features that the s4 has, will come to the note 2 in due time. I haven't actually Owned an s4, but I can tell you that this is the best phone I've had by far. And i can seriously see it standing the test of time... As someone said before, the s pen would be perfect for you taking notes and things for your website(s). I just don't see how you can go wrong with this phone. Lol. I'm obviously a little bias.

Edit: I also forgot to mention the battery life is stellar... And also.. Once you've had the phone the screen size feels normal and u make not be able to downsize to a smaller phone. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Everybody I know who has the N2 love it! It's large, but I don't think you'd have a problem with it. Check it out at your local store.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The Note 2 is the way to go. I've had mine for month's now and it still has that new phone feeling. Most of the time I get bored with my phone after a month or two. Not with the Note 2, I think it's because it's so feature packed and the battery life is amazing. As well as the display. 5.5" is great and I couldn't ever go smaller.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, the note 2 would be great for the kind of work you do... The s-pen is great for note taking and quick sketches. I am a painter, so I wanted a device I could draw on if a cool idea popped up in my head. I have done a few nice, detailed drawings on my Note 2 as well. The large screen is very awesome for that... And also for reading.

The camera is great too.

I run 3 Facebook pages and one pinterest page from my Note 2.

I use it as a portfolio for my artwork. I have separate albums for painting, photography, sculpture and drawing.

There are many other things I could use it for, but I haven't had the time to get around to all of it lol.

Oh, and I'm a female.. 5'3"...tiny hands... Otterbox defender case on my Note 2. It doesn't feel awkward at all. If anything, it feels more comfortable since I feel like I can get a solid grip on my phone. I don't use a blue tooth head set for calls... I don't find it awkward to hold the phone to my ear. I can put it in my pants pocket, but I usually just stick the phone in my purse (I use the kind of purse you can cross over... Kind of like a satchel... I really do hate purses lol, but I need one).

The size really hasn't been an issue for me at all.

Also, the Note 2 will get several of the features on the s4 eventually... And this phone does so much already, that it's hard to get bored with it lol.

Good luck choosing :)

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!! :)

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and the battery life is great!!! You could get a spare battery if you'd like, but this phone is by far the best one I've had in terms of battery power.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!! :)

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm a 5'4" female. I have my Note 2 in the Otterbox Commuter. The phone can be a little awkward using it one handed just because I refuse to turn on the one handed keyboard.

You will be fine with this phone though. The times it feels awkward to me are far out numbered by the times that it is just an awesome phone.

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I love my Note 2, coming from iPhone 5....i am an average sized woman and love the large screen for surfing, reading etc. I have an Otterbox commuter and Incipio cases which I alternate and neither make the phone that much bigger, but I could not have the defender as that would make phone huge! I could not have a phone with any smaller of a screen now. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

vdroide

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Well my best friend owns the note 2 and he's in love with it. He's also 6'4 350lbs lol

For me it was a bit too big but really that was my only complaint what so ever.

Good luck deciding :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

One of my friends has a Note 2, and she is about 5?2 and weighs 110 -120. She is also in love with it. I am not an Android user, but the Note 2 is among the two devices that intrigue me most, the other being the Nexus 4 for obvious reasons.

betty_boop245

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I am female, 5'4 with small hands and I have no issue with the size of the note 2, in fact, its size is its best feature! The screen is amazing, and I love being able to take notes with the s pen. I came from the s3, and have no interest in the s4. Im waiting for the note 3, that will be a beast of a phone lol. In the meantime though, im really enjoying the note 2. I dont like the otterbox cases though, I think theyre ugly, so I use a spigen flip case and for a change I also have a snap on hybrid case which is very slim, and doesnt add any extra bulk to the phone

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
That's a hard call the s4 is a real nice phone and has some real nice upgrades like the high res screen 441+ ppi vs the note is 267+ ppi. And you also have twice the processing Peter and higher camera pixels.

What the note has its a lager screen, by .5 inches only. The real differentiator is the s-pen. These factors for me are huge. They are what makes this phone so awesome. And what will give the phone it's longevity. I can see those two features facilitating your job as a web designer.

However you need to decide what is most important to you. For me I would choose the note over the s4 but I also recognize the s4 it's a better phone.