I keep having second thoughts about the S4, I picked it up yesterday. I keep thinking maybe I should of got that N2. My main issues for not getting it is the size. After you put a case on it that thing could get out of control. I wish the N2 was closer to 5". I could just see it now, my co workers would be staring at me thinking I lost my mind. I work in a machinist shop so it's not like i'm going to impress anyone with the N2, more likely they will think i'm stupid buying a giant phone. Most of the guys that work there are in there mid to late 50's. Second reason was the screen, at 267 pixels per inch, and being less bright than the S4 side by side you could really see the difference. My two biggest reasons for using a smart phone is Surfing the web, and using it to pick up radio stations you can't get in the shop or even where I live. Can't get AM in the shop, but you can with an App. I just did not have enough time to mess with the phones to figure out which one would be bothering me most to be without. The smaller more manageable size of the S4 or utility of the N2 and S pen. I have already run into multiple situations though in 24 hours were I was like "damn that S pen would have been better here", and I found that surfing the web with the S4 is not much different than my old droid X.

So I figured I would ask a question or two before I decide if I want to take it back and switch it up.

Pocketability, how do you guys feel about it with a case on the phone? I really like some of them nicer flip cases, but then how are you going to take a pic with it? The flap is in the way or your looking like a goof with it hanging out. I really don't want a case that's going to make it bigger I still want it to fit nicely into my pocket and not look like I have a book in there. If you take your Note 2 to Church you don't want to look all crazy. So any one have anything to say on that?

Next would be durability, how did your note 2 stand up to the smaller phones? Not talking to someone who never dropped it, but to those who have. Do you feel like you make a spectacle of yourself when your making a call with a N2? I guess I would not want to stand out as the guy with a book for a phone. So do you guys get strange looks from passer byes.

Have you guys that have thinner cases found them to be adequate to protect your pones? Any of you guys have flip cases at all that you can take your phone out and answer it very quickly?

One last thing is the screen, how do you feel about hot dim it is? You ever watch a video and think it looks dim and would rather look at it on your PC or tv?

I guess that is about all I have to ask in short.
    05-27-2013 04:33 PM
    You know I'm not so self concise as you seem to be so I don't really care what people say. Yes I have gotten plenty of remarks on my phone even from strangers. Some people are truly impressed and some make jokes.

I'm not so self concise so I really don't care what others say.

However I have had strangers make jokes about my phone, while others have been intrigued. As for coworkers and family the same applies I have a brother with an Note the others with iPhone. I usually turn it on them by laughing at their tiny screen size.

I drop everything and that goes for this phone as well. The first thing I bought was a shock proof case. And it has paid off ,this phone is not as durable as other phones I've had and that case has prevented disaster.

If the s pen and screen size are the most important factor get the phone you won't regret it.
    05-27-2013 06:40 PM
    I had the Note 2,great battery life! Lasted almost all day. The only gripe was that I didn't like touch with too much so I sacrificed battery life for stock Android and got a Nexus 4 instead.

The note 2 is great for reading, browsing the Web, watching videos and gaming. Other than that I didn't use the s pen to tell you the truth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    05-27-2013 06:45 PM
    I honestly don't care what people think when they see me use it... And I come up with some snarky comments lol. I'm also a woman, 5'3" with small hands. Size is not an issue for me with this phone... In fact, I have an Otterbox Defender case on it, and it's perfect. I hold it to my ear when I talk, and I honestly could care less if people look at me.
    The s-pen is amazing. I love using it to draw and take notes.

Don't worry about what people think. It's your phone, not anyone else's. They don't pay your phone bill, you do. They don't enjoy the phone, you do. They don't live your life, you do. And if they stare, just smile ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    LadiJae, petaf, Jude526 and 1 others like this.
    05-27-2013 06:59 PM
    I have to say my biggest concern is pocketability. I had no problems at all putting the Note 2 in my pocket with out a case, but I have no idea how that would be with a commuter or a case that would be adequate if it got knocked of a shelf. Which how the only 2 times my droid X hit the floor. I had it hooked up to my radio with a cord jack, moved the radio not thinking about the jack and there went my Droid hitting the concrete floor.

I like the flip cases they look good, but how is someone going to talk comfortably on a call with a flip case? More that that is taking a pick with one. I considered just getting a Note 10 with an S pen, but that is just to much $.
    05-27-2013 07:18 PM
    I have to say my biggest concern is pocketability. I had no problems at all putting the Note 2 in my pocket with out a case, but I have no idea how that would be with a commuter or a case that would be adequate if it got knocked of a shelf. Which how the only 2 times my droid X hit the floor. I had it hooked up to my radio with a cord jack, moved the radio not thinking about the jack and there went my Droid hitting the concrete floor.

I like the flip cases they look good, but how is someone going to talk comfortably on a call with a flip case? More that that is taking a pick with one. I considered just getting a Note 10 with an S pen, but that is just to much $.
    This is the exact reason I went with the S4. Previously had the Note 2. Now my wife took the note 2 and she can carry it in her purse and the S4 fits great in my pocket.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    05-27-2013 07:22 PM
    I have the Note 2 with a modded Otterbox Defender so it can accommodate my Zerolemon battery. So my phones size is gigantic. I don't feel conscious about it. My buddy did crack a joke about it calling it a garage opener but he's an Apple Fan. But since owning this phone I can't think of using a smaller size phone after this.
    05-27-2013 07:23 PM
    I have a case that adds nothing to it,, people don't believe there is a case on it. Fits in my pocket just as well as any phone i ever had

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    05-27-2013 07:47 PM
    2nd what zmann said. It's totally pocketable. A case is a must. Otterbox Commuter works well for me. I came from the S3, and the screen size increase between that and the S4 appears to be small compared to the Note 2.
    05-27-2013 08:09 PM
    I have a case that adds nothing to it,, people don't believe there is a case on it. Fits in my pocket just as well as any phone i ever had

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    what case is that?
    05-27-2013 09:32 PM

my husband has the note 2 and i got him the flipcase with it....he has it in his pocket dailly, no problems. also you talk with the flipcase closed so no face oil on the screen....you can take pictures just by saying "shoot" or "cheese" while you hold the phone with both hands. i find i hold mine, yes i have one too, like a paperback book....flipcase is great. note 10 is great but a bit too big, i also have a note 8 and it is spendy but awesome...i love it.
    05-28-2013 02:56 PM
    If you use your pocket for your phone you made the right choice in the S4. If you use a case and belt holster then the Note 2 is fine. I needed a smaller phone for the weekends when I wear shorts etc and the Note 2 was to big to wear without a belt to clip the holster to. So I got the Nexus 4 for the weekends, going back to my Note 2 for work. Then I got the S4 and it has been my daily driver now for 2 weeks. I have turned on my Note 2 and may carry it with me on my business travels as a wifi device for flights etc but I have not even touched my Nexus 4 since getting my S4.

My .02
    05-28-2013 03:31 PM
    Nah its not to big. It might be if it had an otterbox but I use a much smaller case than that. Its slim pickens at most big box retailers for cases but the online market is entirely different story, I got a great 2 piece seidio surface with a kickstand and its barely adds anything to the weight or size of the phone. I have dropped my phone a few times and have come out just fine. I firmly recommend that style of case.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    05-28-2013 11:56 PM

I'm able to talk just fine using my flip case. There's an opening in the case, near the earphone speaker, that allows you to talk on the phone with the case closed. The microphone that you use to talk to the other party is at the bottom of the phone, near the charging port. Flip case also comes in handy when you're at an event and they say no video recording. You can close the case, while still recording or taking pics using the volume buttons as the shutter. The binding on the case is soft enough where you can still press the volume buttons.
    I also use a Seidio belt clip case which I like as well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-29-2013 11:26 PM
    I got my Note 2 a couple of months ago and I do not regret it at all. I upgraded from a 3.2 inch Optimus S and I got used to the size in a day or two. I could never go back to a small screen. However, I am a woman and I do not put the phone in my pocket. I have two cases with covers but I opted to use a regular slim metal-like case to put it in and I have a small neoprene pouch I put it in and throw it in my purse. The covers of the two other cases annoyed me. I bought one leather one and one OEM Samsung one. I prefer to have the screen in plain view and without a screen protector. I also do not think the screen of the Note 2 is dim. I read books and watch movies all the time and I love it. Luckily I am in a LTE area and this phone flies through anything I throw at it.

I make calls on my phone all the time and no one has ever said anything to me. However, I see so many people here in NYC with the Note 2 and they all are throwing it up to their ear to make a call. Bigger phones are the norm now so no one here seems to think twice about it. I do not care what people think anyway. I have a Bluetooth headset for when I am driving but walking around, I hold it to my ear.

You need to use what is more logical to your lifestyle. I would not regret getting the 4 because that is a great phone and it may be more convenient for you. Go to the store, throw the Note 2 in your pocket and see if it is comfortable for you. I would not regret your choice either way, both are awesome phones!
    05-30-2013 07:22 AM
    I'm also a woman with the Note2 and I do pocket mine with a case on it with no problem.

I don't let others' opinions be the deciding factor in the phone I choose to use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    05-30-2013 07:54 AM
    Well...... I finally had it and decided if I was thinking this hard about it, I guess must regretted it. So I took the S4 back yesterday and picked up the Note 2.... I am very happy I did so. I like to do funny stuff, so finding picks of Twisted Sister's Dee Snider, S pen them, and Texting them to my "twisted sister" I found quite funny, as did my sister. Taking picks of my boss, Using Paper Artist on it and making it my lock screen was also quite fun. My boss also thought it was funny. So lots of good stuff you can do that you just can't with an S4. So thanks to all you guys that gave some info.
    05-30-2013 01:55 PM
    Edit deleted
    05-30-2013 06:19 PM
    Well...... I finally had it and decided if I was thinking this hard about it, I guess must regretted it. So I took the S4 back yesterday and picked up the Note 2.... I am very happy I did so. I like to do funny stuff, so finding picks of Twisted Sister's Dee Snider, S pen them, and Texting them to my "twisted sister" I found quite funny, as did my sister. Taking picks of my boss, Using Paper Artist on it and making it my lock screen was also quite fun. My boss also thought it was funny. So lots of good stuff you can do that you just can't with an S4. So thanks to all you guys that gave some info.
    f you like to do those kinds of things with just the built in or cheaper apps then you will be absolutely floored with the experience photoshop touch can bring. Its $5 in the playstore. I had somewhat of a difficult time learning it but only because i had zero experience with anything remotely like it. with a few youtube tutorials I was soon right at home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    05-30-2013 06:21 PM
    Let ppl laugh or make strange comments. I don't care. The phone is amazing. I like it. I love it. I wanted it and am glad I have it.

sent from my amazing Note2
    06-04-2013 12:18 AM
    Good for you :-) glad you're happy!

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!!!!
    06-04-2013 02:00 AM