Galaxy Note 2 N7015T Receiver Sound Problem

Guitarman8112

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone i recently traded my old phone for a Note 2, everything works except for when i make a phone call the receiver sound will cut in and out and make static noises, when i ran the *#0*# test the sound sometimes works and then other times will make no sound what so ever.

I am starting to think that it might just be a loose connection, because all the ports are clear of dust like the headphone jack etc. i was going to take the phone to get it repaired at a service center since that's the only place i have where i am but with the wait times i really don't want to.

Or could i just buy a N7015 flex cable and replace the connector?

any help or advice is really appreciated right now :)

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone i recently traded my old phone for a Note 2, everything works except for when i make a phone call the receiver sound will cut in and out and make static noises, when i ran the *#0*# test the sound sometimes works and then other times will make no sound what so ever.

I am starting to think that it might just be a loose connection, because all the ports are clear of dust like the headphone jack etc. i was going to take the phone to get it repaired at a service center since that's the only place i have where i am but with the wait times i really don't want to.

Or could i just buy a N7015 flex cable and replace the connector?

any help or advice is really appreciated right now :)

This seems to be a hardware issue, especially given the results of the sound test (you can also try utilizing the headset to test for the sound). I would recommend you get it replaced, especially if you just got it.

This is a defect. And you don't want to discover other defects later on down the road, especially if they manifest themselves after the warranty period.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to mention in my previous post another reason for getting a new one: in the old days (ok not that long ago), the integrated circuit chips for sound production were separate components. Now they are not, especially with most surface mounted components. This means if you are experiencing sound problems (and it could be the cable), then chances are you will develop other problems native to that smc.

Guitarman8112

May 30, 2013
Visit site
hmm ok then that doesnt sound good hopefully i dont get the other problems since my phone isnt in warranty and my old phone that i traded for the note 2 is sold, but i probably will try and get a replace part for the receiver/ earpiece