Data Won't Stop Downloading/Uploading

Mattu1665

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded an app called Key Ring this evening and every since I did my N2 keeps downloading and uploading data. I've uninstalled this app, force closed all the running apps (Advanced Task Killer) and no luck with stopping the data flow...orange and green arrows keep flashing.

Ive restarted the phone and powered the phone off and that has not helped. If I turn off the wifi then the mobile data starts running. Any idea what's going on?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded an app called Key Ring this evening and every since I did my N2 keeps downloading and uploading data. I've uninstalled this app, force closed all the running apps (Advanced Task Killer) and no luck with stopping the data flow...orange and green arrows keep flashing.

Ive restarted the phone and powered the phone off and that has not helped. If I turn off the wifi then the mobile data starts running. Any idea what's going on?

Go to system settings > data usage > and scroll down to see what apps are using data. I'm sure it'll be a small amount of data. The arrows make it seem like it's a lot of data, but usually this is not the case unless you're streaming something, downloading, or uploading/seeding files.

Mattu1665

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Go to system settings > data usage > and scroll down to see what apps are using data. I'm sure it'll be a small amount of data. The arrows make it seem like it's a lot of data, but usually this is not the case unless you're streaming something, downloading, or uploading/seeding files.

That was helpful but what concerns me is that my phone didnt do this until today. Prior to this evening unless I was streaming music or accessing a website the data indicators weren't flashing.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
That was helpful but what concerns me is that my phone didnt do this until today. Prior to this evening unless I was streaming music or accessing a website the data indicators weren't flashing.

ah, didn't realize it til now that I may have given you incorrect information.

The arrows I believe you are referring to are for wifi data, and that's not part of your data usage as I described above. So what is happening is that some processes that you have allowed to run while you are connected to a wifi network (could be all kinds of stuff, widgets, push email/pop email, etc.) are accessing your connected wifi for required data.

Edit: I forgot to add that you can see wifi data usage too. Just go into settings when you are at the data usage page, then toggle wifi on. You can now swipe the screen over to wifi.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar