USB not recognized after charge port flex installed

furrburger

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I received a galaxy note 2 from my brother Which he dropped on the ground causing damage to the charge port. The phone would not recognize USB charging after the drop. I ordered a new charge port flex from eBay and installed it. After installation the phone would charge but once plugged into the computer it would not sense it as a USB device. Is this a defective part or is there another section of the phone that holds USB connectivity Other than the charge port? I am also using the original note 2 Data cable and software is installed on the computer. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software as well. Thanks for the help guys anything is appreciated. I spent countless hours and days on this trying to figure it out with no success and I hope someone has had this problem and can solve it for me.

soulstlr

May 16, 2011
Visit site
hello furrburger...
do you happen to have the usb drivers installed on pc? (available on samsung site)
also read of similar problems peeps are having since latest update...
perhaps uninstall pc drivers (if installed) and check for newer versions, also don't forget to reboot...

furrburger

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks soulstlr but I have tried everything you've mentioned with no success. I'll probably try to order a new flex cable and see if that was infact the problem. I just wanted to make sure that the USB flex was not souly for the mic and charging but not for USB data transferring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21