Long press home button not working

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Pressing and holding the home button on the Note 2 will bring up the Task Manager, Recent Apps, and Google Now.
There are times when this feature stops working. I would press and hold the home button, but the window would never appear. I would only get a subtle vibration.
I would then have to reboot my device in order for this feature to work again. I searched online and saw where a few other people had the same issue, but no one had a fix.
I contacted Samsung, and they claim this doesn't happen, and acting as though I'm making it up.
It seems to happen when my available RAM is low. When I constantly clear my RAM throughout the day, I don't have the issue as much. As soon as I forget and my RAM runs low, it happens.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you running any sort of 3rd party task/app manager/killer?

It happens running the stock launcher, as well as a 3rd party launcher. Did several resets, and it still does it if the RAM gets too low.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It happens running the stock launcher, as well as a 3rd party launcher. Did several resets, and it still does it if the RAM gets too low.

I don't think a launcher has anything to do with it. That's why I asked about 3rd party task killers. Since 4.0+, they tend to get in the way on Android rather than help.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't think a launcher has anything to do with it. That's why I asked about 3rd party task killers. Since 4.0+, they tend to get in the way on Android rather than help.

No 3rd party app killers.

Andre-K

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Happened to mee to , this , beside ROM updates is the only reason I need to reboot, very annoying.
I am close to 900 hours uptime, yet I need to reboot because I can't find a way of fixing this issue.
Anoone know the name of that process ? - it's not the "task manager".

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Happened to mee to , this , beside ROM updates is the only reason I need to reboot, very annoying.
I am close to 900 hours uptime, yet I need to reboot because I can't find a way of fixing this issue.
Anoone know the name of that process ? - it's not the "task manager".

I'd like to know what process it's called too. Would be nice to find out which one it is, then restart that particular process, rather than having to reboot the phone in order to get it back working again. Quite a few people on various forums have this same issue, but no one has a clue what's causing it. I contacted Samsung, and all they did was just give me some canned response. They are clueless as well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech