How to Maximize the Battery Life of my Note 2?

jisperky

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Please help I've been using Note 2 or almost one month now and my battery only last maximum time is 17 hours. Even during sleep my phone eats at least 10% of my battery and its freaking me out! I've read that disabling Google now will increase my battery life. Is it true? how to disable it anyway? How about the samsung push? All suggestions are welcomed!

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Some common tips are:
Disable auto sync
Set wifi on during sleep to never
Goto google now location settings and disable Report from this device

Sent from my GT-N7100

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Install an app to tell you what is consuming your battery. I like GSAM Battery Monitor, but there are many others. Then with that data we can help you better. for me the screen is a big battery hog, I have mine turned down to about 30% and that helps a lot.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I set my wifi to on only while charging. As per your question there is a green google app called google settings. Use that to find the location settings. Lots of stuff in here that you can turn off to save battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Install an app to tell you what is consuming your battery. I like GSAM Battery Monitor, but there are many others. Then with that data we can help you better. for me the screen is a big battery hog, I have mine turned down to about 30% and that helps a lot.

I have that app installed and my screen is using 40-50% daily....... The screen brightness is under half down..

Facebook is using 6% and says the wake locks are 213 and number times waking device is 93. I have no settings updating for Facebook so why is it waking the device at all........

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Use GSAM, but go in and look at "number of times waking device" instead of percentage of use. Find which app is constantly waking up your phone, and that is the battery drainer. There is a really good thread on here somewhere about other ways to minimize battery drain. Also check your google maps to make sure it's not constantly sending your location, and also check google+

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
What are these wake locks that people seem to be so upset about? I really have no idea. Ive had the phone 6 months my battery always lasts a full day of usage usually somewhere near 6 hours of screen on time. I only use the built in android apps to monitor battery problems, but all in all ive never felt I needed and extra battery monitor app to do more than what can already be done

jisperky

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
What are these wake locks that people seem to be so upset about? I really have no idea. Ive had the phone 6 months my battery always lasts a full day of usage usually somewhere near 6 hours of screen on time. I only use the built in android apps to monitor battery problems, but all in all ive never felt I needed and extra battery monitor app to do more than what can already be done

Yeah somehow you are right. Like you I don't think I need some aps that will monitor my battery the thing is I am frustrated on how to maximize my battery life without downloading any aps or maybe I really need to buy an extra battery or powerbank.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site

How do you use your phone? Light, moderate, heavy? I used to be a heavy user on social media with tons of updates going with my past phones.... Now I'm down to a moderate user with no social media updates going... And the most I've gotten is 15hrs and 4 hrs of screen time and for me that's actually great..... But I don't ever think I'd get 6 hours of screen time at least not on lte... Only have wifi in my house..

jisperky

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
How do you use your phone? Light, moderate, heavy? I used to be a heavy user on social media with tons of updates going with my past phones.... Now I'm down to a moderate user with no social media updates going... And the most I've gotten is 15hrs and 4 hrs of screen time and for me that's actually great..... But I don't ever think I'd get 6 hours of screen time at least not on lte... Only have wifi in my house..

Hmm I think social media is one of the reason why my baterry only last 4 17h max with wifi on though when I'm using my dataplan my bat usually last for 6-8 hours >.< I also have 3 email sync on my phone.

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
you need to read this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/278319-need-help-note-2-battery.html

i shut off the reporting feature on Google Maps and completely turned off reporting and card features on Google Now. Now when my phone is in sleep, it only drains about 2% in an 8 hour setting. I can go through 2 days with a moderate use on a single charge.

To maximize battery when the phone is on during the day, I also disabled most to all of my bloatware apps too. No major noticible difference in battery life improvement yet, but it does help with RAM

jisperky

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
you need to read this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/278319-need-help-note-2-battery.html

i shut off the reporting feature on Google Maps and completely turned off reporting and card features on Google Now. Now when my phone is in sleep, it only drains about 2% in an 8 hour setting. I can go through 2 days with a moderate use on a single charge.

To maximize battery when the phone is on during the day, I also disabled most to all of my bloatware apps too. No major noticible difference in battery life improvement yet, but it does help with RAM

How can I do this [turned off reporting and card features on Google Now]could you please send a screen shot or explain how I will appreciate it :)

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I use lte for somewhere around 10 hours a day. Then the rest is on wifi. In that time frame I usually spend 5 or 6 hours a day looking at my phone. I consider that pretty heavy usage. Obviously, if you are transmitting alot of stuff like updates to facebook or you are actively syncing media files throughout the day then you would use more power. I choose to schedule my syncs to something like2am where I know I will be asleep on wifi and charging. Im not a huge gamer on my phone, I used to be but ive grown tired of touchscreen controls. I mostly use my phone internet browsing and watching streaming videos. Though recently I found I could use my phone for torrenting so been doing some of that too.

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
How can I do this [turned off reporting and card features on Google Now]could you please send a screen shot or explain how I will appreciate it :)

access Google Now
access the menu, select "Settings"
switch Google Now to "off"

this will turn off all notification cards and turn the program off. Personally for me this program doesn't add any value. I miswrote, there is not extre "reporting" feature on Google Now like Google Maps.

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

A wakelock is just an application or service waking up the phone in the background to perform some task. Most phones will have some wakelocks but we want to reduce unnecessary ones to minimum since wakelocks prevent the phone from entering deep sleep.

Android's inbuilt battery monitor can tell you if you have a wakelock but can't tell exactly which app or service is causing it. So you may need to rely on an extra battery app to do so.

Not everyone will have a problem with wakelocks since it depends on which apps are installed and how they are configured

Sent from my GT-N7100

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
There is no option to turn it off I'm using Note 2 could you please send a screen shot I cant find it on the google setting :(

Have you updated your apps to make sure you have the current version of google now. Because the settings menus have changed.

The location settings is usually under privacy and accounts.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01