How to Maximize the Battery Life of my Note 2?

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Open google search
Menu /setting

Here you can disable google now completely.
If you want to disable the background location reporting which is the real battery hog :
Open privacy & accounts
Manage location history
Location settings
Here, leave 'location reporting' on auto
But make sure 'Report from this device' is unchecked.

If there is still some issue, please post a screenshot

Sent from my GT-N7100

jisperky

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
check this is what my google now looks like

5nrzoy.png

9vifjb.png

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Google now has not been setup for first time use. You'll have to go to privacy and accounts and set it up. The location settings menu can also be reached though google maps so you can disable background reporting from there.

Coming back to your original query about battery life, check if auto sync is turned off. It's on the notification toggles by default.
Also try changing sync settings on apps like email/Gmail and Facebook to sync over longer intervals.

You can use an app like wakelock detector to identify which apps are causing issues.

Also post a screenshot of your battery life if you need more help.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Last edited:

photojazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Is 17 hours not enough? !

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!

You got to it first. Last Saturday I went on a day trip and got home 12 hours later after heavy use of the camera and maps still with 27% battery left.

My wife had to charge her iphone 5 off a juice pack twice. :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

jisperky

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
When Im using my mobile date for internet "well if there is no wifi available on thr area" my battery life usually last for 6-7 hours heavy use. And yes I have 3 email sync to my phone. Well i guess i should buy a powerpack just incase there is no outlet where i can charge my phone

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
If you're a real heavy user you just need to face the fact that you won't get extra long battery life.... It's just not gonna happen.... You have so much stuff going on with the phone updating looking for messages and syncing all the time... You just deal with it or get an extended battery or carry a second battery to swap out.

I use mobile data 4gLTE most of the day since I'm at with with no wifi, and my phone after those 7 to 9 hours haven't even hit 50% most days....

With my last phone I WANTED all that I had going, so I just dealt with the poor battery life and got an extended battery and a few extras..my average of 12-15 hours is working absolutely fantastic for me.... It's not the phone its us

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~

Last edited:

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If you're a real heavy user you just need to face the fact that you won't get extra long battery life.... It's just not gonna happen.... You have so much stuff going on with the phone updating looking for messages and syncing all the time... You just deal with it or get an extended battery or carry a second battery to swap out.

I use mobile data 4gLTE most of the day since I'm at with with no wifi, and my phone after those 7 to 9 hours haven't even hit 50% most days....

With my last phone I WANTED all that I had going, so I just dealt with the poor battery life and got an extended battery and a few extras..my average of 12-15 hours is working absolutely fantastic for me.... It's not the phone its us

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~

^yup. What she said

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
When Im using my mobile date for internet "well if there is no wifi available on thr area" my battery life usually last for 6-7 hours heavy use. And yes I have 3 email sync to my phone. Well i guess i should buy a powerpack just incase there is no outlet where i can charge my phone

I think that's pretty decent given the fact that your screen is virtually on the entire time with data connection and other heptic items on like vibrating keyboard, etc. Check out the CNET review of the Note 2. They tested it out with a continuous video running on the phone and logged something like 12 hours (don't quote me on this, read that article)...but they likely switched all other data connections off.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I notice that Google services is my main battery drain. Ever since the Google I/O when Google said they are taking back control of there software or whatever.

When I charge my phone before bed it's at 100% 6 hours later I'm down 10 to 15% it sucks.

Google services ends up at the top of my battery list at about 25% over Android OS that's at about 20%

Anyone else have this issue? I check my friend's S2 and they don't have that issue. If anyone's Note 2 is doing this please let me know. I'm trying to figure out why my Note 2 or why Google services is draining my battery like this. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I notice that Google services is my main battery drain. Ever since the Google I/O when Google said they are taking back control of there software or whatever.

When I charge my phone before bed it's at 100% 6 hours later I'm down 10 to 15% it sucks.

Google services ends up at the top of my battery list at about 25% over Android OS that's at about 20%

Anyone else have this issue? I check my friend's S2 and they don't have that issue. If anyone's Note 2 is doing this please let me know. I'm trying to figure out why my Note 2 or why Google services is draining my battery like this. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

yep, Google Maps and Google Now were the two biggest culprits.
I turned Google Now cards off, and i turned location notification settings off on Google Maps, night and day differences afterwards, i posted my expereinces on this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/278319-need-help-note-2-battery.html

I also disabled most of my bloatware too.

cutekajju

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Well for me, I think the app Screen Filter is helping whenever you gotta lock your screen just remember to enable the screen filter app it Applies a shade that acts as a dimmer to ensure your eyes don't hurt. Far more powerful than Android's built-in brightness setting. Great for low-light gaming, web browsing, and eBook reading. It even saves battery life for AMOLED displays. Go to play store and type screen filter, if you need you can see a tutorial for using this app its amazing. I use it most often when I read eBooks or while I sleep or even when I am not using my phone. It really helps.
-Kajju

kanesmith41

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I use a application called deep sleep battery saver and I've gotten little over 39 hours on a charge. I use my phone kinda heavy and light to moderate.

USMC97/ GN2

Umesh Chandar

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Please help I've been using Note 2 or almost one month now and my battery only last maximum time is 17 hours. Even during sleep my phone eats at least 10% of my battery and its freaking me out! I've read that disabling Google now will increase my battery life. Is it true? how to disable it anyway? How about the samsung push? All suggestions are welcomed!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech