note 2 or wait for note 3?

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
You want to wait for a phone that has no release date? Just get the Note 2... (i was with blackbery for 8 years straight)....will never go back.... this phone is amazing... My wife has the S4... but i still perfer my Note 2 over that phone..... besides Note 3 will probably just be some spec updates... nothing very radical.... take the Note 2 now..and enjoy it....

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I had ordered the S4 two weeks ago, but because of a mix up with Sprint, the order was cancelled. After some thought and another touch feely at BB, I changed my mind and bought the Note 2 which will be delivered tomorrow. I was looking for something different than my Gnex with a bigger screen. I think I'll be happy with it. If the Note 3 is mind blowing amazing, then I'll give the N2 to my husband. :p

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i currently own a blackberry and i am thinking of getting a smartphone
should i wait for the galaxy note 3 or get the 2?

The Note 3 is rumored to be released in September/October. As of right now, there are only rumored specs. The Note 2 was released last October, so there is still about a year left on it's life. If you were to ask this question in late August I would say wait and see. For right now, get the Note 2.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
You'll be waiting forever & stuck with that horrid BB. Just upgrade to the Note 2 you'll love it.

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I see this question on these forums at least once a day, and I say the same thing to everyone: you can't catch up to technology. If you wait for the note 3, something better will be coming along shortly after. Just get what you need and what you want when it's available.

The note 2 is a great device with a solid community of support behind it. All the bugs and kinks have been worked out on this device. It is reliable, fast, fun, versatile and powerful. The s-pen is a great tool, particularly for those of us who are artists. The camera is wonderful. I also happen to really like touchwiz.

You won't be disappointed with the Note 2 at all. Run to the store and get it :) good luck!!

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!!!! :D

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same shoes as you. Only I went to the vzw store to get the note2 and wound up with a z10. I returned the z10 after 2 weeks and I'm typing to you from my new note 2. You should love the device and when the note 3 finally does come out, eBay the note 2 and go buy yourself the note 3

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I first used Blackberry. Prefer Android. Love my Note2. This will carry me well in my two years. I love it. No regrets on selecting it. Chose white. Not tired of it. :):):):):):):):):):):p

sent from my amazing Note2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Go for the Note 2 now, do not wait for the Note 3. Yesterday's rumor via SamMobile says that the Note 3 will have a 6" screen, which would make it wider than the Note 2. (It will likely be announced on June 20.) Even if that's fine by you, if the Note 2 availability from last year is any guide, you won't see it on a U.S. carrier (most likely AT&T first) until November. That's five months away.

I moved to the Note 2 from a BlackBerry -- the 9810 -- and I have to tell you, I had such an incredible sense of RELIEF.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
... you can't catch up to technology. If you wait for the note 3, something better will be coming along shortly after....
Totally agree.

But I will say this with my original Galaxy S. I had phone envy all the time it was just lacking in many ways. With my note 2 everything works great, I don't see myself wanton for any new device or feature. The Note2 is good enough now that it will last me for years.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Give the Note 2 a spin and see if its what you want in a device -- most retail stores have display models for you to use.

As already mentioned, technology is always improving and you'll never be able to catch up with it. Something better (or at least newer technology should be better) will be announced all the time.
Phil put it best: Android Resolutions: Love the phone you're with

Get a phone, be happy with it and don't worry about what is rumored, could or won't ever be released this year or the next. If you can keep your currnet device and be happy with it until the next big thing then do it.

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
there is absolutely no formal data on Note 3 features or pricing, or what Note 2 pricing will be in 6 months. Even the release date (anticipated to be Fall 2013) is not finalized. How can you make an informed decision on a Note 3 at this point? Buy the Note 2 now and be content, you'll go broke trying to keep up with the pace of technology. Based on your thinking, why not just way another year for the Note 4 or Note 5?

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
You want to wait for a phone that has no release date? Just get the Note 2... (i was with blackbery for 8 years straight)....will never go back.... this phone is amazing... My wife has the S4... but i still perfer my Note 2 over that phone..... besides Note 3 will probably just be some spec updates... nothing very radical.... take the Note 2 now..and enjoy it....

I'm waiting 3 years for the Note 6...

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I had ordered the S4 two weeks ago, but because of a mix up with Sprint, the order was cancelled. After some thought and another touch feely at BB, I changed my mind and bought the Note 2 which will be delivered tomorrow. I was looking for something different than my Gnex with a bigger screen. I think I'll be happy with it. If the Note 3 is mind blowing amazing, then I'll give the N2 to my husband. :p

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

Note 2 is better than s4 anyways
S4 is laggy stock

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk HD

totallygone

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing myself. But I figure i might as well just get the Note 2 and have phone envy according to what the specs are on the Note 3.....

3DogMama

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I know I'm late to the game here -but I have the same question. Sadly, there are only a couple of things possibly holding me back from a decision to get the Note 2 today.

Foremost, and silly as it might be, I would really like the IR Blaster for the use of Watch On or Peel - to use the phone as the TV Remote - only visually. I had the Note 10.1 for a bit and LOVED this way of finding what was on TV and adjusting volume, etc.

Other tech improvements are also a consideration - primarily because when I bought my (now) iphone4 - I took the cheap route. I bought it RIGHT BEFORE the 4S was released - because I got it at a better price. But this iphone is making me crazy right now! TOO SLOW, TOO SMALL, and has a list of growing hardware and software glitches.

I'm cleared to get a phone now - but trying to decide if I can wait until Sept/October when Note 3 will likely be available here in the US.

ALSO - AT&T store near me will give me $ for the iphone (both of the iphones I have) AND are willing to sell me an S4 + Note 8 for the same price as a Note 2. Of course, the tablet requires another data plan. ARGH! Just not a simple decision!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77