I am looking for a good car mount that will charge my phone plus automatically switch to the "car mode" when docked. I would like one that goes in the vent or on the dash, I'm not wanting to mount one on my windshield. I would like to find one that I can connect the cable to my AUX and use my phone through the speakers. Is this possible or do I have to purchase a bluetooth device? Please someone give me some advice!! Thanks
    06-11-2013 09:40 PM
    I have the iBolt with aux adapter. I've used it with both my Note 2 and S4, and it works very well. The microUSB cable is a little tight, but if click it in before you put the phone in the dock it works great. Mine is stuck to the window and really, really stable so far. Cable runs out to a USB charger and to the aux in in my car stereo, and the phone detects "dock mode" when you click in. An utterly pleasant piece of technology. Available in the AC store (15% off this weekend) or at Amazon. I really like this device, though it wasn't the cheapest option.
    Lefty Drummer likes this.
    06-15-2013 02:51 PM
    Thanks for the recommendation! I just received mine yesterday and absolutely love it as well. Now, I have a question for those of you that have had one of these dash/windshield mounts for awhile. What's your solution for hiding or otherwise tidying up the cables? For myself I've decided to place my dock in the upper left hand corner of the windshield. Certainly the cables are long enough to reach over to my cigarette lighter in the center console and the audio to my receiver. But I was curious as to everyone's solutions for the cables. Thanks in advance for your replies!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-26-2013 11:56 AM