Android 4.2.2 delayed...

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Can't go by this,, the rumor was this update was supposed to come at end of may,, we never got it hence the delay. That does not mean that we won't get it this month or even in July.. This whole comment Is just an opinion,, my opinion. Either way it will come when it's ready. Only thing I'm really looking forward to is the possibility of apps to sd.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If it does come out, I hope it runs smooth. I'm experiencing some lag on my Nexus 7 with 4.2.2 Those with the S4, which runs 4.2.2, are experiencing lag as well. So far, my Note 2 is running fine with the current software.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If it does come out, I hope it runs smooth. I'm experiencing some lag on my Nexus 7 with 4.2.2 Those with the S4, which runs 4.2.2, are experiencing lag as well. So far, my Note 2 is running fine with the current software.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

My Nexus 10 runs smooth as butter with 4.2.2 -- no lag whatsoever.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 10 runs smooth as butter with 4.2.2 -- no lag whatsoever.

Probably because the Nexus 10 has more RAM and a faster processor.
My Nexus 7 lags very bad while scrolling through widgets, and a slight here and there in other areas.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Probably because the Nexus 10 has more RAM and a faster processor.
My Nexus 7 lags very bad while scrolling through widgets, and a slight here and there in other areas.

Yes, but you lumped in the S4, which has the same amount of RAM and a comparable CPU as the Nexus 10. In any event, I don't think one can say 4.2.2 is laggy by default if it runs smoothly on the N10.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps this could be the reason why my Nexus 7 is performing poorly.

Google's Nexus 7 tablets dying early, possibly due to cheap memory

Wow. Did you note the update buried in the middle of the article? It points to this comment from an app developer saying that the problem is not the cheap memory, but rather "a bug in Samsung's flash controller firmware." He says since Google has been slow to roll out an update fixing this, the quick fix for the Nexus 7 is to fill it completely with data then remove it all.