OK, it's time for an "I'm stupid" question: I found a setting somewhere, and lost it.

Specifically, I am pretty certain that some time in the last month or two, I saw a setting to control the sensitivity of my GN2's screen rotation sensor. I don't know whether it was in the OS or some third-party app, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know where I might have run across this?
    06-12-2013 03:44 PM
    OK, it's time for an "I'm stupid" question: I found a setting somewhere, and lost it.

Specifically, I am pretty certain that some time in the last month or two, I saw a setting to control the sensitivity of my GN2's screen rotation sensor. I don't know whether it was in the OS or some third-party app, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know where I might have run across this?
    I have not seen Any control for this but I could be wrong.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    06-12-2013 04:00 PM
    Only one I am aware of is smart rotation under display. It uses the camera to look at you and figure out the screen rotation.
    06-13-2013 05:58 AM

Could it be the gyro calibration? That's in:

System settings > motion > advanced > gyroscope calibration

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    DroidXcon likes this.
    06-13-2013 06:36 AM

Good call

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    06-13-2013 08:45 AM

That's not it, although it's a useful setting (and one I didn't know about). This one controlled how far you had to go from horizontal to vertical (or vice versa) before the screen orientation would switch.
    06-17-2013 12:44 PM
    That's not it, although it's a useful setting (and one I didn't know about). This one controlled how far you had to go from horizontal to vertical (or vice versa) before the screen orientation would switch.
    That's almost definitely a third party app

Sent from my GT-N7100
    06-17-2013 04:24 PM
    Haven't seen anything in this. Bit sure if it exists. I know it's an option somewhere (probably hard coded by the manufacturer) because some devices are definitely more sensitive than others.
    06-17-2013 04:27 PM
    Is there an icon for "smack self on forehead"? I just found it, and it has nothing to do with screen rotation. If you enable "Tilt to zoom", and then go into "Advanced options", it's there under "Sensitivity settings --> Tilt to zoom".

I don't actually use TTZ, but I must have played with it at some point and seen this, and then transposed it into screen rotation. Rats!
    HypoDest likes this.
    06-18-2013 08:51 AM
    Is there an icon for "smack self on forehead"? I just found it, and it has nothing to do with screen rotation. If you enable "Tilt to zoom", and then go into "Advanced options", it's there under "Sensitivity settings --> Tilt to zoom".

I don't actually use TTZ, but I must have played with it at some point and seen this, and then transposed it into screen rotation. Rats!
    Ah, thanks for letting us know.

06-18-2013 01:26 PM
    I found it on my phone. Go to settings. Select general. Then go to gestures. Scroll to the bottom and you will see motion sensor calibration.
    11-07-2016 07:29 AM