Hi All,
    I have an old HTC Evo 4g and am due for an upgrade. I have researched and narrowed my choices down to these 3 phones. I really cannot decide, as I like/dislike features on each. I am looking for anyone with hands on experience. The issues I am looking for more info on are regarding 1) battery life, 2) smoothness when going through screens and apps, and 3) speed on web browsing. Is this last one more the carrier than the phone? I use the basics - phone calls, some texting, and a few games. Like to tinker to some degree, but don't want an encyclopedia of instructions to get around on the phone. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
    06-14-2013 07:37 AM
    I have a note 2, my wife has the s4. As far as smoothness goes, they are both really close. Hard to notice a difference. The s4 maybe slightly smoother. I like web browsing more on my note 2 more then her s4, even though her screen has a higher res. Size makes the difference there. Just go to the store and play around with them both. You will find they have a lot of similarities.

Edit. Battery life is better in the note 2, no phone will compete with that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    06-14-2013 07:59 AM
    I have to agree battery of the note 2 won't be beat, I hear all good about that phone besides touch wiz, wich can be easily fixed with a launcher, I don't own it because it's to big, that's preference what makes me not like it is what makes most love it. As far as the one and the s4 I own them both, I fine batt to be close with one having a little more screen time, as far as other things they both have ups and downs I find the ones screen much better in sun, I also find it to be much smoother with no lag, yes my s4 lags and stutters with games now I'm hoping future updates fix that but out of the boxes the one has been a much smoother experience I also like the speakers better and sound in earphones for the first time I like beats software, now I do like the button set up better on the s4,when it comes to camera the s4def takes better pics besides low light but I like the software and gallery on the one especially zoe, so again you can be happy with any of the three but having two in front of me the one gets used way more like 80 percent of the time I'll prob sell the s4 when a vanilla Sony experia z is released

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours
    06-14-2013 08:23 AM
    Again only problem I see is your not gonna get a answer that helps you because in the note2, sec your gonna get people partial to that phone and same in the htc forums etc your never gonna get a answer without someone trying to justify there purchase but good luck

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours
    06-14-2013 08:39 AM
    Thanks guys! I really like the idea of the longer battery life on the note as well as the screen size. Some say it is too big, but I use my phone as much to find things on the web and for maps as I do for calls, so really like it from that aspect. I do think the One seems a little smoother when I have played with them in the store, though. I guess my next question would be - do you feel like the One screen is on the small size? Is it hard to go back and do things on the One after using the 2 or even the S4? When I held up my Evo to the One, the actual display screen size looked to be the same and was hoping for something bigger, but still looking at all aspects, including smoothness and overall user experience.
    06-14-2013 08:40 AM
    I know I will get the usual fans, but at the same time, some are here because they ditched one phone for the other and was hoping to get some input from those who have had both. My impressions so far are that I like the user experience more with the One, but the screen size and look (in the minority here, I know) of the Samsung devices. I think the One tried to copy the iP too much, which IMO, looks like a brick.
    06-14-2013 08:43 AM
    All 3 of these phones are awesome. I had the S4 for 2 weeks and returned it for the Note 2. The S4 screen is amazing but I wanted the better battery life, bigger screen, and s pen of the Note 2. The screen on the Note 2 is great too but the S4's can't be beat now in my opinion. The One has a premium feel to it and has great software features but I wanted the option to have removable batteries and the option for to increase storage space with an sd card.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    06-16-2013 12:22 AM
    Having owned both the One and the Note 2 I personally like the Note much much more. The HTC One is, without a doubt, the sexiest phone hardware ever. And on top of that, it's OS is sleeker and more refined than TouchWiz. But at the end of the day I LOVE never having to worry about if my phone will make it through the day, and the huge screen led me to be able to sell my iPad and just use the Note as my tablet. Buy based on your needs
    06-16-2013 04:32 PM