Chrome browser issue: samsung mobile bookmark default

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the updated chrome browser in 4.1.2 Note2.

When I open a new chrome browser, the default is "Samsung Mobile" bookmark. I need an additional keystroke to go back to my custom bookmark page which is one folder level up. Any way to change the default bookmark page?

Compounding the issue, I can't move or remove the Samsung Mobile bookmarks folder nor can I edit the contents of that folder.

Last edited:

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Go to the app manager and disable
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
When you restart chrome the Samsung bookmarks will be gone

Sent from my GT-N7100

bobapjok

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
did this not work for anyone else? when i did this, the bookmarks were gone but it still defaults to the samsung directory, it's just now blank, i still have to go back to get to my bookmarks.

indolent

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
did this not work for anyone else? when i did this, the bookmarks were gone but it still defaults to the samsung directory, it's just now blank, i still have to go back to get to my bookmarks.

Worked fine for me. I froze the app with titanium backup, rather than app manager if that makes a difference.

spanitz

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! I've been wondering about this! In case others need additional info, I did this in order: Clear Data, uncheck Show notifications, Force Stop, Disable. Probably overkill but worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia