Phone doesnt receive pics with text.

trix

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have ATT and a note 2. If people send me a picture ans there is text included in that message, the picture won't show up. Gets beyond annoying asking everyone to resend pics with no text.

As much as I love the screen and battery on my Note 2, between this annoying issue and group text sucking something major, I def miss the zero issue iphones I had the last 5 years. Not enough to switch back yet, but its getting there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have always had iPhone... For years now and I have been running into a few, small quirks with the Note 2.....but I freaking love the screen. I had ZERO, ABSOLUTELY ZERO issues with my iPhones.. Not ready to switch at all but IF iPhone ever has a large screen like this, I'll switch back.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have ATT and a note 2. If people send me a picture ans there is text included in that message, the picture won't show up. Gets beyond annoying asking everyone to resend pics with no text.

As much as I love the screen and battery on my Note 2, between this annoying issue and group text sucking something major, I def miss the zero issue iphones I had the last 5 years. Not enough to switch back yet, but its getting there.

At&t note 2 is beyond disappointing. I get this issue too, and while it mostly works with go sms, that app basically sucks as it freezes repeatedly with any intensive use. If not for my unlimited data on at&t, I'd switch to Verizon in an instant.

trix

May 3, 2013
Visit site
At&t note 2 is beyond disappointing. I get this issue too, and while it mostly works with go sms, that app basically sucks as it freezes repeatedly with any intensive use. If not for my unlimited data on at&t, I'd switch to Verizon in an instant.

Amusing how the android fanbois are so quick to bash on iphones and try to convert people.. yet you have an issue and they all disappear.

Regardless if it's just this model, Apple wouldn't release a phone with these issues, and if they did there would be updates fixing it quickly after. Amazing how these basic common phone features are not functioning.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It specifically effects stock messaging app of att note 2. Dont blame android, blame the carrier. Each phone is different based on what changes the carrier had removed or added. The official att messages app combines visual voicemail, texts and call logs in one app. I had to download it from the playstore. It works great and even properly displays group messaging.

There is no real proper way to do sms. The way apple does it seems logical and that is the way you may be used to. Unfortunately, they have patented nearly every aspect of that product.

The real benefit of android is choice. You can change basically every aspect of the os. The apps are there so you can make your note look and act exactly like iphone.

The above reason is also why we dont have google wallet. Its because both carrier and manufacturer have a competing product

trix

May 3, 2013
Visit site
How would ATT benefit from doing this? Or what would their reasoning be?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Im not really sure why. It really doesnt make any sense to me. It creates confusion nor than anything else. Apple doesnt have this issue afaik. Googles official line also doesnt this issue. From what I read they have complete control and give nothing to the carriers. From what I understand on the subject it has something to do with control of the network. Without control, os and app makers can make apps than can inundate the network and ultimately incapacitate the network.

Ultimately it boils down to FCC deregulation of the phone industry. This deregulation is why this country that created the internet is rated somewhere in the 30-40 ranking in average speeds and overall coverage as compared to other countries. Blame lobbyists for that one.

Im an example of the above statement. I live in an area where only att dsl is available for internet. No cable no fiber just dsl. Att will only sell me a 3mb connection and of that speedtest average 1.5-2mb. Hughesnet is not an option due to data caps. Im a gamer and satellite gives massive ping times and I besides thst I would hit my daily data cap in about 10 minutes. Deregulation gives all the power to carriers. Carriers arent going to make upgrades if it can effect their bottom line. Shareholders dont like to lose money.

Btomlin75

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have AT&T and I don't have a problem getting photos with text messages. Be sure to check to see if the photo is not flagged as an attachment that you have to manually open.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs