I was hoping to use the task manager in the Gmail calendar but for some strange reason Google doesn't include this with the mobile calendar.

If you are using a task manger with your phone which one do you use and if you recommend it why?

TIA
    06-24-2013 08:40 AM
    I was hoping to use the task manager in the Gmail calendar but for some strange reason Google doesn't include this with the mobile calendar.

If you are using a task manger with your phone which one do you use and if you recommend it why?

TIA
    I'm confused by what kind of task manager you mean. i use the one with the calendar to remind me to get things done. it looks differently on the note 8 then on the note 2 but it's still there. if you are talking a task manager to close apps etc, no I don't use one since android deals with open apps on its own.!
    06-24-2013 09:29 AM
    I agree, I was completely shocked that Google did not provide this as a core app. As for Task Managers , folks usually refereed to them as TODO* lists. I've used several and many are good but I finally settled on an app called "Tasks" it has the best google integration**. You can also try gtask and Astrik. Prior to Tasks I used gtask which synchronized with Google Tasks. The issue I had with it was it used it's own timer or synced only when I opened it. Where Tasks syncs whenever Google syncs kicks off.

* Task managers from a programmers world is used to man
    ** Holo UI/Google sync method

=X=
    eds817 likes this.
    06-24-2013 11:45 AM
    I'm confused by what kind of task manager you mean. i use the one with the calendar to remind me to get things done. it looks differently on the note 8 then on the note 2 but it's still there. if you are talking a task manager to close apps etc, no I don't use one since android deals with open apps on its own.!
    I am speaking about the TASKS feature in Google (Gmail) calendar. All tasks entered on your computer do not sync with the calendar on your Android phone. The only way to get them is to open a web browser. So I am looking for an app that will let me setup tasks on my phone and it would be great if it synced with the calendar so they show up on my computer.
    06-24-2013 01:37 PM
    I am speaking about the TASKS feature in Google (Gmail) calendar. All tasks entered on your computer do not sync with the calendar on your Android phone. The only way to get them is to open a web browser. So I am looking for an app that will let me setup tasks on my phone and it would be great if it synced with the calendar so they show up on my computer.
    awww gotcha....ummm i really only use the task feature on the phone, i've never set one from my desktop. wow i'm so much help. looking at the one online i'm not impressed. if i were you i'd try out some apps although i guess that doesn't address your need to sync up the gmail tasks from computer. sorry......
    06-26-2013 07:38 PM
    I use the Tasks feature as well. It's a bit hidden in the S Calendar app, and easy to forget about.
    06-26-2013 08:15 PM
    Created a shortcut for the com.android.calendar/com.android.calendar.AllInOneActivity process. The shortcut opens up directly to the S Calendar screen that lists Today Calendars +

Click on the + to create a new Task or search for existing tasks.
    06-26-2013 09:00 PM
    I use the Tasks feature as well. It's a bit hidden in the S Calendar app, and easy to forget about.
    I use the tasks in the calendar also. i think the op is looking for the tasks from desktop gmail online.
    06-27-2013 03:09 PM
    I found a nice one on Google Play. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sks.tasks.paid

They have a free version with ads but for $0.99 I chose the ad free version. It syncs automatically with Google calendar. So far so good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2
    06-27-2013 06:15 PM
    I use the tasks in the calendar also. i think the op is looking for the tasks from desktop gmail online.
    Got it...I didn't make the connection. Thanks for clarifying
    06-27-2013 06:32 PM
    I found a nice one on Google Play. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sks.tasks.paid
    Well obviously you didn't read my post, that was the same app I suggested.

=X=

Rocking with the Note II
    06-27-2013 10:22 PM
    Well obviously you didn't read my post, that was the same app I suggested.

=X=

Rocking with the Note II
    You're right, I'm sorry. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2
    06-28-2013 02:28 AM
    You're right, I'm sorry. Thank you.
    No worries I wasn't upset, the tone just doesn't come out right on in text.

Tasker is a good choice, my main gripe with it is that it does not work with agenda widget.

Rocking with the Note II
    06-28-2013 09:10 AM

TIA
    you can set reminders now from google now screen! looks interesting.
    06-28-2013 10:02 PM
    I tried many free tools, all of them have disadvantages, but now I use Mobile Worker app to manage my tasks
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...leworker&hl=en
    10-10-2013 02:37 AM
    I'd recommend My Life Organized
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eorganized.mlo
    Does not sync with Gmail tasks [yet] and works best if you get the Windows version and sync them.
    It's the best on the market in terms of getting past the to-do list and getting your stuff really organized so you can efficiently "get things done" with some confidence the tasks you are working on are the ones that most need to be done right now, and without spending a lot of time managing your tasks instead of doing them.
    10-11-2013 08:28 AM
    I used to use GTasks. It does sync with the tasks from Google Calendar. Never had an issue with it.

However, I found tasks from Google calendar was not enough, so I started using the 'getting things done' apps. I am currently using 'DGT GTD & Task List', and I am very happy with it.
    10-11-2013 12:59 PM