02-08-2018 02:12 AM
79 1234
tools
    The connectors in the headphone jack need to be pushed back in

)(
    )(

Is sort of what they look like
    When bent out of place by a larger jack or bent jack they will no longer connect and need to be pushed/bent back into normal position.

[Violence & technology, not good bedfellows]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    12-26-2013 05:50 AM
    You're telling me. I just spent the evening replacing the headphone jack which didn't work. Just static and no input. Sharp smack against my knee. Problem fixed.

I got this galaxy note 2 used for a bargain because the headphone didn't work and I was so heartbroken when replacing the jack didn't work. Until now that is.

Thank God for folks sharing their experiences on the internet.
    01-03-2014 10:13 PM
    Knee bang success! Thanks.
    01-19-2014 11:52 PM
    I hit the back and it worked too!!! It's weird but it worked!!! Wow.
    Hitting TV when it does not work properly used to solve problem in 1980 and 1990s but I didn't think the same action works these days.
    Wow I'm blown away!
    01-22-2014 01:13 PM
    OMG I am so glad I found this thread because been having the same issue for the past couple of months. Just a few smacks on my palm and it works! I shall call this "The Fonz Fix" lol.
    01-22-2014 03:54 PM
    OMG I am so glad I found this thread because been having the same issue for the past couple of months. Just a few smacks on my palm and it works! I shall call this "The Fonz Fix" lol.
    Yea smack them electronics. Beat them into submission lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    01-31-2014 07:15 AM
    Had the same issue on my note 2 today and guess what? THE BANG OF THE KNEE WORKED! Wow thank you so much for whoever came up with this genius idea...still can't believe it.
    02-26-2014 05:02 PM
    This is humorous because I have been squeezing and tapping my phone for months now with no true fix for the sound.. my note 2 cuts out and fills the music with static with all different headphones, audio plugs and even a new headphone jack!? Anyways, a slight pinch around the headphone area clears it up every time.. I have been in my phone 6-7 times looking for the obvious to no avail!!! There has to be a simple grounding issue here guys! Lets nail this asinine issue before we naw our teeth to nubs and start cursing this AMAZING PHONE lol..
    02-27-2014 12:01 PM
    After my earlier rant I opened my phone and have managed to fixed my knee smacking problem. The problem was a bad ground between the screen and motherboard. I have added a picture of the two metal surfaces I cleaned (circled in yellow) to get the good connection back. These are not pics of my phone because it was apart obviously but it is the same phone. My sound is 100% crystal clear I believe the problem comes with dropping the phone and the connection going bad due to lack of enough screws in the area of the connection. I also ran the screw directly into the motherboard instead of through the plastic backing in the same area I circled. Stop smacking you're phones!!
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2: Headphones problem - filled with static-img_20140227_134936.jpg  
    02-27-2014 01:21 PM
    FANTASIC!!!! and 100% correct...fixed my phone in 2 min.took the back off the phone and noticed a screw missing from the hole you have circled...took the screw off the bottom corner and put it in the ground hole and my phone works perfect again. thanks for the info and your right....STOP SMACKING YOUR PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jdeshler likes this.
    03-18-2014 01:09 PM
    I had the same problem and hitting it with my hand fixes it. Thanks for the help
    03-23-2014 02:25 AM
    Thanks for posting this. I am having the exact same issue with my phone. I opened my phone and tried cleaning this area with rubbing alcohol and connected the screw straight into the motherboard. However I am still having the issue. I noticed that putting pressure in that area once the phone is all buttoned up again I can get it to reconnect but it takes some time and it goes out again if the phone is moved (in my car or pocket or something). Is there something else I should have used to clean the connection. Or maybe something I can use to improve that connection.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!!
    04-14-2014 11:22 AM
    After my earlier rant I opened my phone and have managed to fixed my knee smacking problem. The problem was a bad ground between the screen and motherboard. I have added a picture of the two metal surfaces I cleaned (circled in yellow) to get the good connection back. These are not pics of my phone because it was apart obviously but it is the same phone. My sound is 100% crystal clear I believe the problem comes with dropping the phone and the connection going bad due to lack of enough screws in the area of the connection. I also ran the screw directly into the motherboard instead of through the plastic backing in the same area I circled. Stop smacking you're phones!!
    Thanks for posting this. I am having the exact same issue with my phone. I opened my phone and tried cleaning this area with rubbing alcohol and connected the screw straight into the motherboard. However I am still having the issue. I noticed that putting pressure in that area once the phone is all buttoned up again I can get it to reconnect but it takes some time and it goes out again if the phone is moved (in my car or pocket or something). Is there something else I should have used to clean the connection. Or maybe something I can use to improve that connection.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!!
    04-14-2014 11:24 AM
    Not answering to anybody but I just want to remind that equalizer apps and dirty headphone plugs can make some unwanted noises.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-14-2014 12:33 PM
    Well it was a drop problem because the same exact thing happened to my note 2 i hit the back with my knee and it worked again perfectly fine
    Although I thought it was bullcrap at 1st, I tried it and it really worked. Genius.
    04-17-2014 03:08 AM
    Unf@#king believable, I was at my wit's end....... Kneebash fix. Worked. Thank you.
    Tightening the two screws close to the camera and audio jack helped for a bit. As did pressing the area down.

However I think it is most probably a bad internal connection, as posted by some here. Will strip down my phone and check that out.
    From surfing the net and finding so many others with this problem, I would say Samsung has a bad design in this area. Relying on plastic to have enough tensile strength to push the 2 surfaces together without having this issue, is asking a bit much imho. Not that Samsung would admit it, lol.
    04-28-2014 07:17 PM
    If your Phone has static-like sound and you can't hear the music well, Just do this:
    Lightly smack your Phone at the back of your knee while the music is playing (Make sure to plug-in your earphones to know if its working well-enough or what).

It really helps.
    05-14-2014 06:26 PM
    I was having this exact same problem. Headphones clicked all the way in. Tried multiple headsets. No lint or debris in the jack. Saw the post about hitting it on the back with your knee. CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT THIS WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!! Sound quality is fine now.
    06-02-2014 02:22 PM
    I created this account just to THANK YOU!!! This"method" saved me money hehehe.

I do hit the phone from time to time ( not too hard ) and it works like a charm. Not sure why it works, but it does.

Well it was a drop problem because the same exact thing happened to my note 2 i hit the back with my knee and it worked again perfectly fine
    06-14-2014 10:23 PM
    I'm having the same issue. And smacking it is not working! !! I've even sent it to get fixed the couldn't resolve problem. I want to try what you have done but having trying trouble retrieving your thumbnail. Is there a way to repost it or another way to see it?? Thank you
    07-12-2014 05:44 PM
    I gave a pat on the phone, near the audio jack, and it worked!! I thought the hitting phone was a humorous post by unscrupulous posters. Well, it is not! Thanks everyone!!
    09-26-2014 12:40 AM
    i have owned my note 2 for 1 year now and i hit my phone on my knee my it has static but it could possibly cause problems eventually. being a teenager i was using the phone at night when i had the static poblemand i took of the back case of the phone. a screw had fallen out and when i put it back in the phone rarely has static. if it does then a light tap on the phone works. the screw is located right next to the camera. worked for me but see if that helps.
    10-27-2014 08:07 PM
    I have same static problem. I read all the previous suggestion and none works for me. I just bang the phone back lightly against the knee, static is gone now.

Thanks
    11-19-2014 12:52 PM
    hey bro...how would i be able to push the connectors back in
    12-08-2014 04:24 PM
    I gave a pat on the phone, near the audio jack, and it worked!! I thought the hitting phone was a humorous post by unscrupulous posters. Well, it is not! Thanks everyone!!
    Can't believed that worked. Made an account just to post that this works. Everyone try this it's not a joke!
    12-22-2014 07:50 AM
79 1234