02-08-2018 02:12 AM
79 ... 234
tools
    All prior attempts failed. Knee thumping worked. Most likely cause was frequent dropping of device. Thanks
    01-23-2017 03:42 AM
    Hi,

Hope you guys might still be subscribed to this thread. Please don't whack your phones, that may work by jiggling the electronics, but it is hardly a solution. I had this exact problem, and investigated for weeks until I finally found the solution. Check your headphone plug. If it has 2 rings, it does not have a mic connector. If it has 3 rings, it does. All Android devices expect to have 3 rings on the plug. The interference you are hearing is the mic trying to communicate with your non-existent mic on your headphones. Try any set of headphones sold with a button on the wire, ones which come with a mic. Check the plug, you will see 3 rings. There will be no interference.

Here is a picture of the rings so that you know what I am talking about :
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-di...hone-headphone
    02-27-2017 09:51 AM
    I know this is a old thread but its a grounding issue. I just fixed my old note 2 a couple days ago I wish I'd taken pics...Anyway
    Dont go putting tinfoil under the screw head by the camera like Ive seen on other posts. http://i.imgur.com/v6TwpZG.jpg that'll put pressure on the motherboard pushing it down. What you NEED to do is take mobo out and either build up the ground with solder under the mobo where its not getting a good ground right beneath that screw.
    IMO tinfoil is dangerous if it comes loose & makes contact with something it could fry your phone. !

Peace
    Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2: Headphones problem - filled with static-v6twpzg.jpg  
    10-13-2017 01:50 PM
    I know this is a old thread but its a grounding issue. I just fixed my old note 2 a couple days ago I wish I'd taken pics...Anyway
    Dont go putting tinfoil under the screw head by the camera like Ive seen on other posts. http://i.imgur.com/v6TwpZG.jpg that'll put pressure on the motherboard pushing it down. What you NEED to do is take mobo out and either build up the ground with solder under the mobo where its not getting a good ground right beneath that screw.
    IMO tinfoil is dangerous if it comes loose & makes contact with something it could fry your phone. !
    Hi, can you describe how to build that ground with solder because i have the same problem and i notice when i press the audio chip IC (near the flash led) the problem is solved, maybe that chip losed solder,i tryed to put something on top on that chip but after 2-3 weeks i have the same problem, under the motherboard i notice a brown material ho stay under the motherboard golden circuit, can you edit a picture with this motherboard and explaine how you fixed ground? Thanks
    02-08-2018 02:12 AM
79 ... 234